Convert Forum to BattleTag

That is a marvelous idea.

Get on a real toon and I’ll answer.

1 Like

Not an assumption. Going off your own words that you talk about your friends, without them knowing, in ways that may upset them.

6 Likes

what makes you think your answer would be of that much value to me?

One of the big issues with the current system is that we CAN"T ignore all the alts because they each show up as a separate account. Switching to Btag means once ignored, none of their 400 characters can bother you.

Huge improvement.

8 Likes

It would be.

The classic clowns not being able to post in retail would be a huge improvement too.

1 Like

A lot and I would say most posters on the forum love the fact they can hide on Alt names and post hostile remarks and post without any chance of being called out for it or real repercussion to their main account in the public eye.

I personally always use the same toon and it’s my main so if they made us use our battlenet tag it wouldn’t bother me in the least bit. And yes, I feel it would cut back on a lot of the toxic behavior that goes on, on the forums, because people would have to own up to it.

7 Likes

Well, now the world knows you’re lying lol jk that was a little too harsh :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

It is definitely more than a few people. Also, it is much harder to avoid someone for harassment when they can literally have 400 alts versus a system where they can have all the alts in the world, but only 1 account.

I don’t know maybe I should use my powers of alt liking and create a long discussion thread between all 12 of them when it’s time to post another Dracthyr thread.

1 Like

And when they make additional BNet accounts?

Only paid and active subscription can post on the forums, currently.

Do you think that people wouldn’t make a new account and some random level 10?

Some might but others wouldn’t want to keep dropping money for the game and time over and over to keep trolling since one click and you are back blocked.

4 Likes

It was broadcast publicly on or around December 4, 2018 via one of the class discords. I don’t remember that one as I closed that discord conversation long ago.

Someone freaked out about it came to me via my realm discord because I’m a frequent beta tester and they thought I had connections to Blizzard and bring the issue to their attention.

I was skeptical of the claim and managed to reproduce it. I did multiple times at 5:52am pacific and again at 9am on a different computer on December 4th, 2018.

I reached out on the battlenet API discord and an MVP there confirmed it was a known and patched bug. I asked when the patch was pushed. They said 17 hours before. I double checked the version number and confirmed I had the patched client but was still able to reproduce the problem on version 1.12.5.10733. You can still find this on that discord server.

I have screenshots of the contemporaneous conversation on the API discord as well as the contemporaneous Google doc with step by step screenshots (with the real names partially censored) I sent via that MVP to the devs. You can add me on discord and I’ll send you the stuff, zandrae#1418 .

It’s not an isolated incident. It happens sometimes. And these ones are reports that weren’t deleted to prevent a mass panic. There are likely more cases reported elsewhere, reported privately, or that have been put under wraps.

But you don’t have to believe me if you don’t want to.

If they are dedicated enough to pay an extra sub fee, then there isn’t much you can do.

What we want is to raise the cost of bypassing an ignore from $0 and 10 min max, to $15/month per new account you want to troll on.

4 Likes

Ooh data, see yeah this is something that could reasonably happen and makes a case for a single forum account over simply using Btag.

Step 1: Be a gold baron :slight_smile:
Step 2: Make a new BNet
Step 3:

:person_shrugging:

I said in another similar thread that this just makes trolling a privilege of the wealthy :laughing:

Hey if it makes Blizzard more money we might get some really good updates. /s

I personally am not opposed to a single form account but I don’t trust Blizzard to not goof and cross the battlenet/realid streams again.

Overall I think other solutions are doable that would have the same results without having to stick a visible battle net account or something else under names.