Convert Forum to BattleTag

The RealID thread is a meme. Blizzard has already tried that and it is too invasive.

Blizzard already has BattleTags developed and would be the perfect fit for Forum use. Each account would get one BattleTag regardless of toon. Post counts would remain the same while you switch mains, as will tiered benefits.

BattleTag does not display any personal information unlike RealID. It would also prevent players from getting unwanted whispers or mail in-game. Anyone can add another “playername-server” to their friends list and start whispering them without consent. Using BattleTag would require them to add you back before they can interact with you.

It would also cut down on forum troll alts or people talking to themselves.

111 Likes

Laughs in crazy person

47 Likes

Why the heck are YOU laughing, Rita??

37 Likes

Hey hey, calm down, Rita2. No need to be so rude like usual. I saw you at MG Goldshire last week! If you don’t stop being rude on the forums, I’m going to tell everyone about what your ERP3 profile says!

34 Likes

So is this thread.

13 Likes

Says the lvl 20 forum troll

19 Likes

Again No we already have a set up on the forums besides it is linked to your battle net account any way.

I don’t think this is a good idea.

8 Likes

Imagine talking to yourself on a video game forum

7 Likes

I know, right? Couldn’t be me

17 Likes

I agree with Vincent. This is a bad idea.

1 Like

It’s not the same as BattleTag. I can easily exploit and report you with 5 alts and get you instant hidden. Most likely it will be un-hidden. But people do report on multiple toons maliciously.

5 Likes

The joke is that we’re the same person and nobody will ever know!!

MWAHAHAHA

8 Likes

Yeah, as always, Vincent is right. This is a terrible idea.

5 Likes

I agree with the OP, we should switch to BattleTag

4 Likes

You haven’t seen nothing yet try talking to an AI really fun there for hours.

I agree with the OP, we should switch to BattleTag

6 Likes

Dang RITA! Your mog looks adorable today and also you’re the cutest gnome ever. Nobody check my battlepets or anything!

8 Likes

for the 100th time, just link post counts together and enable post history
ez game

Aside from Vincent being, quite obviously, right again, as he always is.

I have to say that this is a bad idea.

6 Likes