Concept: Voidier Void Elves

I’ve always noticed that velves felt somewhat… inverted to me, based on everything we’ve seen of void entities in the past. Though the gothy, pallid skin + dark hair combination certainly has its own appeal, that seems more in tune with undead thematics than that of the Void. Void creatures tend to have dark bodies with light highlights (i.e. those pale blue eyes current void elves have). Look at voidwalkers as an example.

Not to mention that Alleria, in her void form, also displays these visual themes.

As it stands, the darkest skin tone option is a mid-tone blue-gray and the lightest hair choice is a somewhat dark blue-gray. While I’m positive many people are delighted to have less voidy void elves in the form of regular elf skin tones, I decided to see what it might be like to have voidier void elves.

47 Likes

I dig it. Void 'em up.

10 Likes

I really want to see some spectrum elves, though.

Hear hear give me large Void claws and a dark Nocturnal spacey Void skin tone!

2 Likes

If Void Elves would be better if they were more radical in their design. Their lore was never going to fly, nor their implementation or build up or… anything, but at least they could have let Blizzard go nuts with the void aesthetic.

Instead they’re yet another blue elf with a paltry handful of completely ignorable mutations that… well, honestly? The Night Elves with their pitch black eyes come off as more “void” than most Ren’dorei.

They really should have gone a whole lot weirder with these. More deviant skin tones and textures (glowing tattoos/markings), multiple eyes, more tentacle options… The difference should really be stark, especially for a race pulled out of nowhere like this. You shouldn’t be able to make a Void Elf with some diluted blue paint and hairspray.

3 Likes

I like void alleria over the grape elves

As long as there’s New Skin Tunes and New Hair Colors that isn’t Grape or Blue. I probably be happy with it.

Agreed 10000%. They should be so much voidier that they cast off their physical shells and just become formless expressions of the void. But they bind themselves in bandages so mortals can easier see them and associate them with humaniods.

We can call their new form “Ethereals” and replace VEs with them.

For the Alliance!

3 Likes

You joke, but I’d have preferred Ethereals to velves.

but the drow aesthetic is very tempting.

1 Like

At the very least, Entropic Embrace should look like Alleria’s photo-negative version. Not this Legion shadow form knockoff purple-form or whatever it is now.

2 Likes

I want to become the voidest of elves.

The deviant in me humbly requests more tentacles.

1 Like

First, I want to make it clear that I find zero merit with the argument that void elf lore is weak or bad. The nature of void magic and the circumstances of the void elves creation offer so many role playing possibilities. And in SL our lore will only expand.

Void elves are always looking for an internal balance. An agreement with the Void that this what you can have but no more. But this only happens when purposes between you and the Void align. You cannot trust it. Ever.

That’s a good starting point to develop a character and story around. It’s complicated, anything could happen.

So I would agree that void elves could use some more specific options to reflect their inner struggle. I’ve had some simple ideas like void tattoos but that’s been done to death. I do like wiggly tentacles :wink:

Yes. Give us darker skin tones and lighter hair.

We’re so hot looking - both males and females, especially in our heritage armor set!

Bottom left, the full void one, I love it. Would totally use it on my shadow priest. The blue eyes void elves are getting would look great with it imo, though purple eyes do look pretty good as well. Though, it does look like it’d be an entropic embrace skin as opposed to a normal skin.

3 Likes

Everyone would have.

no… this is how a velf should look

same here

Yeah, that was the intent for it with the mention of Void Form. I forgot the ability name of Entropic Embrace. The inverse shading calls for a rim-light effect and might be a bit much to be on a player model 24/7.

1 Like

Even says it in the image, I should read next time.

I cannot even express how much I love this idea.

1 Like