Continuation of New Customisation Options for: Void Elves, Blood Elves, & misc high elves

Not quite. A wayfarer becoming blue makes no sense because the ritual that made blue Void Elves isn’t repeatable, so that headcanon was too weak without the skin tones imo.

8 Likes

We were making more and more we saw them in alliance campaign Bfa where they sacrifice an army as well fighting on zandalar. So when someone say we can’t make more blue that doesn’t make sense to me we already are. They were blue. Not that it matters. We have the skintone now might as well just give the hair colors and the fantasy will be filled at long last.

Importantly we need not waste time with this keep it to saying we want blonde and white hair with Alleria tattoos so Blizzard know what we want and not more void stuff that was never asked for.

I think that’s the funny part about about it. You’re “entitled” if you request reasonable customizations for the High Elf aesthetic but NOT if you try to shut down those reasonable requests because you’re disgruntled that your favorite races didn’t get what you wanted.

That’s not to say Blood Elves and others shouldnt get more. I’m all on board for things like San’Layn/Dark Rangers. Whether that’s as a Blood Elf aesthetic or a Forsaken aesthetic i’d like to see them. But that’s doesn’t mean Pro Helfers are “entitled” for requesting for what they want. Everyone should request what they want for their favorite race(s).

3 Likes

Depends upon the way in which someone asks. If someone says “we deserve this” or “there’s no logical reason against this” or “what we got is worse than nothing, Blizzard has to give us hair” (all of which I’ve seen posted before), then that seems pretty entitled.

6 Likes

Or maybe people should just support whatever they feel leads to the game they want to play.

8 Likes

And it would be completely fair to want any future developments for Blood Elves to be more exclusive as any sort of light, fel or undead developments aren’t really applicable to Void Elves or High Elves.

Developing a second theme ie natural assets without the use of any Horde/Blood Elf assets would be perfectly fair for both sides.

You may think I am because you disagree with me, I just don’t think anyone’s opinion should be drowned out.

And aside for any pining over Blood Elf/Horde assets, those wanting more natural assets for Void Elves should be treated in the same fashion as players of other races as anything otherwise borders on discrimination.

While I definitely do support the development of Void based assets as well and would like to see more of these options, that theme is pretty well rounded out, and even one or two natural hair colors isn’t going to break the bank on this.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/concept-voidier-void-elves/565242

These images were made by a lovely player from my server who made a great thread on improving on the Void aesthetic which I completely support before any natural options and I’d be over the moon if this is all we got. I still support people asking for what they’d like added though.

You can also see many other High Elf supporters graciously supporting this idea in the thread as well.

Stealing from whom???

We’ve already established this is isn’t Blood Elves as far as any desired assets aside from skin go.

And I wholly support Blood Elves and other core races being finished off first, and Void Elves receiving any new assets when they make the pass for ARs.

I also don’t condone the wholesale copy and paste of Blood Elf hair assets, which is the only scenario where Blood Elves are stripped bare of their aesthetic.

This is kinda the way it starts to read as while there are some players with valid feelings of resentment, there are other players on both sides that are all but elated at the chance to bully others if the other Void Elf threads are any indicator, which is why I won’t even bother getting into it with them.

Primarily they could come from the Sunfury, who were known to have Felbloods amongst their ranks and the Sunfury themselves rejoined Quel’thalas some time after the Sunwell and there wasn’t much said aside from that. This would be the perfect chance to make them a more unique group amongst the Blood Elves and introduce a new visual theme for Blood Elves ie the Felbloods.

And this is why I’ve always loved the Felblood idea as this would definitely bring back the edge Blood Elves had that had all but evaporated after the BC and was indeed why I found them more interesting and gave them more commonality with the Horde.

Having Felbloods would also help reclaim and rival the whole tampering with dangerous energies theme that Void Elves have kinda ran off with. They’d be similar concepts but visually different as well as their poison of choice.

I wholeheartedly agree. Like I stated above, feeling resentful of the current situation and trying to protect assets of your playable race is valid as far as I’m concerned, but it also doesn’t make sense to be crossing over into unrelated proposals with this issue.

This is fair, and I’ve seen members of pretty much every other racial playerbase ask for these in this fashion, including Blood Elf players. People just need to remain more thoughtful in their requests in general, regardless of what they’re asking for.

6 Likes

There’s no logical reason against not being able to hide leg armour.

8 Likes

I believe what’s intended by this sentiment is that Blood Elves right now have the visual theme of generic elf with generic hair. Void Elves don’t, cause we don’t have the hair.

If we get generic hair, even if it isn’t literally Blood Elf assets, it’s still stepping further into that visual theme of generic elf.

And if it’s with new hair styles, then any of said new hair styles could’ve gone to Blood Elves but went to Void Elves instead, which basically is stealing. Saying ‘the hair styles come from Alliance races so it’s fair’ doesn’t really work, since hair styles have specifically crossed faction lines in the past.

6 Likes

Specifically human males have belf male hairstyles.

4 Likes

Yep. Heck, Varian himself rocks a Foxtail, which came from belves.

3 Likes

People play the game for what they like not what the devs feel they like, think people forget this.

What’s with Varian and knocking off elven hairstyles, swords and waifus?

3 Likes

My issue with this is that we’ve seen this happen twice simultaneously with Night Elves having their Dark Elf aesthetic copied both by another Alliance race as well as across faction lines. The Blood Elf/Void Elf situation is hardly unique, so you’ll have to forgive me if I disagree with said sentiment.

Blood Elves just recieved new hairstyles and colors though.

I’m totally fine with reused hairstyles for Void Elves myself. I also have no reservations over hairstyles crossing faction lines in any capacity, I’m only endorsing the use of Alliance assets out of respect for my opposition as well as to make the Void Elves a little more visually similar to the rest of their faction.

5 Likes

I just want to play a blonde hair blue eyed elf with normal skin on alliance. One of our core races that is found everywhere.

1 Like

:grimacing:

4 Likes

I went to find a funny Varian meme of him wiggling his eyebrows or something to respond to this with…

https://i.imgflip.com/ok335.jpg

1 Like

There’s that one with the horse teeth.

I want to play a High Elf that don’t have tentacles and turns blue when he sees a pretty girl walks by or gets excited that i see everywhere I go seen living among the Alliance, devs been pretty petty about the whole conversation like they defending Fort Knox or Horde virtue or something. (imho)

This one?
https://img.fireden.net/co/image/1522/47/1522477747941.jpg

4 Likes

This one.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcQNXJreJ2dN2uUuO1rLU9ddpTcqHRecyHRpFw&usqp=CAU

5 Likes