Classic Era Transfer Destinations for Lost Hardcore Characters

No one wants to become a ghost, but for those who wish to consider that eventuality, some end-of-life planning is in order.

Death is not the end

Oops, your hardcore character died. Now what?

Your best option is to move the character to a Classic Era realm, where you can resurrect and continue playing the character, should you ever wish to.

Choosing a destination

Most Classic Era realms are connected. That means that if you transfer the character to one of them, you’ll put yourself into a cluster of realms. Here are the clusters in this region:

• Anathema, Arcanite Reaper, Bigglesworth, Blaumeux, Fairbanks, Kurinnaxx, Rattlegore, Smolderweb, Thunderfury, and =Whitemane=
  • =Arugal=, Felstriker, and Yojamba
  • Ashkandi, =Mankrik=, Pagle, Westfall, and Windseeker
  • =Atiesh=, Azuresong, Myzrael, and Old Blanchy
  • =Benediction=, =Faerlina=, Heartseeker, Incendius, and Netherwind
  • Earthfury, Herod, Kirtonos, Kromcrush, Skeram, Stalagg, =Sulfuras=, and Thalnos

Thus, if you have characters on Yojamba (Era), you’ll probably want to take the free transfer to Arugal. Similarly, if you’re destined for Earthfury (Era), you can send the character to Sulfuras.

Bloodsail Buccaneers and Grobbulus are destinations that are not connected to other Classic Era realms.

Double-check your choice

Your free character transfer is one-way, and cannot be changed once initiated.

Resurrect in peace.

35 Likes

So you can transfer to pvp servers then? Is the “can’t play both factions restriction” on pvp servers still in place?

2 Likes

Just confirming, it’s only the servers that you listed in bold with == brackets that are the available destination servers?

2 Likes

Yes, those are the only destination servers. But every server on the same line as the =server= is linked and you can play with other players on those realms

5 Likes

That’s what I figured, thanks friend.

Does this mean we can transfer a toon to Classic WotLK? I have friends on Grobb as why im asking.

No you cannot. It’s Classic Era only.
If Classic Era Grob is on the list you can go there.

2 Likes

I could handle the lack of any Oceanic servers when my entire plan for hardcore was “see how far I can get and then continue on Remulos”, but apparently even that was too much to ask for.

2 Likes

Who else is going to Grobbulus when they die?

Are realm transfers between HC realms enabled (i.e. Defias to Skull Rock) ?

@Kaivax please can you update the summary with the realm type (eg. pvp, rp) ?

Thanks in advance.

Can you please add a link on where to start/do the transfer, search is failing me

Thanks

It’s in the game shop menu, under free transfer…

Except it’s been way more than 5min I guess I had some auction mail…

2 Likes

It actually just completed ! ty!

Is there any level restriction to when i can transfer to era? or if i die at any level is it possible?

1 Like

It would be nice to have WotLK destinations available too. I haven’t been doing era outside of this new HC thing.

3 Likes

Found it! It’s the Shop button on the character select screen.

Where do I go to start the Character transfer? I have other classic toons and would hate to to lose the one that just perished.

If you die at level 60, are you still eligible to transfer?

This explains the destinations, but how do you actually start the transfer. There are no options in game, character selection or on Bnet account.

1 Like