Can we get an ignore feature back already?

People need to stop depending on a nanny authority system, both online and irl. If you don’t like what someone says then don’t read it. It’s sad to think how much stress something so trivial can cause people in this day and age.

That’s entirely too hard for people to do anymore. Emotions are something that many people can’t keep in check anymore and it’s sad.

No, this new forum software doesn’t have it is all. They didn’t take it out or anything because it was an unused feature like you’re implying.

It’s not just a matter of looking away.

-If I think someone is a toxic troll I should be able to say nope, don’t want to see that drivel. Press button. Gone (On the old forums I believe it just hid it from sight with a drop to show the content if you wanted).

-If someone else sees my posts and thinks the same I’d much rather they chose to ignore my words permanently than give me a flag.

Along with the false flags, mis-postings and obvious trolls and ignore feature is really needed. Our player base is more divided than it has ever been. No ignore feature on the forums is only exacerbating that.

I could ignore everyone?

This seems more like a you problem than a forum problem.

This isn’t some streaming chat…You actively have to read a title, click the link, read the content…it’s a process. You can avoid it.

If 99% of users were utilizing the ignore feature on the old forums they would not have opted out of bringing it back. If 1% of users were actually using it and still clicking the ‘show post’ button it is easy to see why they did not waste time and money for a feature no one was taking advantage of on the old forums.

Still, this is a discussion forum. Where voices from all angles can and should be heard. Otherwise why even have a discussion forum? :unamused:

1 Like

they didn’t opt out of it.

the developer of the software they’re using for the forums doesn’t believe in the concept of an ignore, so it’s not built into the software.

I guess they opted out of it in a way by choosing the forum software…

Then it was a money saving choice for a feature few utilized. :man_shrugging:

I thought this was going to be about the ignore quest feature we had for a little while. that was nice, eh

If they wanted an ignore feature, that few people were even using in the first place, they would have paid for it.

How much effort does it take to scroll past a poster you do not care for?

And Vyi if they wanted to retain the ignore feature, they wouldn’t have gone with this system.

1 Like

If I’m not mistaken (can’t seem to find the blue post on it but unless the Mandela Effect has taken me I am almost certain I saw one) the ignore feature was something they claimed to be “working on” shortly after the new forums went live.

I can find a ton of greens mentioning it back in late '18 in response to the plethora of threads that popped up about it at that time but not sure where the blue post on it went. As long ago as December of 2018 it was “Coming Soon™” so maybe they have just been held back by all of the long weekends that our $$$ have provided them.

I would ignore every person who uses the term snowflake while acting like one.

2 Likes

Really?

3 Likes

All they said was its not part of the discourse offerings…

However they are using a modified version of it, and clearly say that they “have a story in for this feature development”.

A story in for this feature development.

For this feature development.

Feature development.

3 Likes

Yeah and then they told us the story why it is not a feature. It’s worded in a very strange way but if you want to interpret it that way, cool.

You are most trustworthy in my eyes, so I would say yes. :smiley:

It was a feature on the old forums. For people to ask for it should not be a surprise. Especially since no one was really asking for an update to old forums.

4 Likes

You can ignore reason as much as you want. They absolutely implied it is something they are developing. Being willfully ignorant wont change that.

2 Likes

Ignore : We do have a story in for this for feature development. It’s not part of the traditional Discourse offering, but we’re using a modified version that our Web & Mobile team has been partnering on with the Discourse folks.

All i see is an explanation for a missing feature from the old forums. Nothing that says it is in develoment and we are coming up on 10 months later.

I’m done with you. You are obviously here to be contrary with no regard for the facts presented. Have a wonderful day. :slight_smile:

3 Likes