BRING BACK OUR /whistle EMOTE!

What?! How am I supposed to let a girl know I’m interested in the finesse of her looks?!?

This is an outrage! Give us back our whistling Blizzard!

17 Likes

I get that /whistle probably shouldn’t default to some sort of flirty whistle, but the old whistle needs to be an emote option. It’s too much fun between friends and I bet the RPers are gonna miss it.

21 Likes

Its probably more mundane than what people think. I think it’s due to Capn Crackers (or yeah whistling at rams) because you have to whistle at him to get him to sit on your shoulder, but it really is ridiculous to change a classic emote without just adding two and changing how to do each one.

11 Likes

Rudolph is the story about how its correct for society to hate on you because youre different until they find a use for you and can benefit from it.

/s

2 Likes

Why this needed to change that a whistle was too offensive to people in the World of Warcraft that has existed in this game since it’s inception really shows you how terrible PC Culture is. I am legitimately flabbergasted.

33 Likes

The moral is different for others. What I saw while young was people have natural gifts, you shouldn’t shut them out just for looking different.

Your view sounds like any questline on wow, so why the hate on a kids movie from years ago?

2 Likes

This is what confuses me. It’s not like it was a gender-specific emote, anyone could whistle at anyone else, so that throws the sexism argument right out the window.

It just boggles the mind.

18 Likes

Well I was just joking but I have heard people say it seriously before. Thus the /s

I would go into the multiple factors I feel make people react that way, ranging from a world of instant communication to getting a sense of accomplishment for “fixing” perceived issues so you dream up and seek out more issues to “fix”, but this isnt exactly the platform for it.

3 Likes

Finally got a chance to log in and check this.

Outrageous!

6 Likes

Removing things people use, enjoy and interact with and adding things people didn’t ask for, can’t stand and want gone seems to be blizzard’s modus operandi.

25 Likes

I didn’t think Blizzard could remove such a simple and fun thing. Who was this possibly hurting? Why change it? Bring it back or at least keep it as a separate /wolfwhistle or something.

8 Likes

Uhm, excuse me sweetie, but please keep your masculine fantasies out of my game. Cat whistles are sexist as hell, and you need to get with the times… I welcome this change and applaud the devs to listening to the blatent outcry.

6 Likes

this whistle is better, I can now summon my horse as long as it isn’t out of range.

Remember when people weren’t offended by every little thing?

36 Likes

I fondly remember a mere 15 years ago.

8 Likes

To be fair, it was awkward having to do a “hey there, bb” /whistle at Cap’n Crackers to get him to sit on my shoulder. :slight_smile:

Oh I totally agree with you. The basic /whistle should be what it has been changed to. I just think they need to have two separate whistle emotes, one for what it is now and another for what it used to be. There is no real reason to not have both.

6 Likes

I want the old /whistle back.

4 Likes

Laughable. Just don’t use the dang emote. Better yet, get a bit better about not finding everything sexist, racist, homophobic.

Used the /whistle myself in RP with a friend and my hubby. Been whistled at by people in-game I don’t know and laughed back at them.

I’ve had my share of creeps and pervs in the game but none of them were ones to use the emote… ever. Never ever.

7 Likes

Oh… My… Goodness… When did this change?! I was completely unaware! Is this for real??? Are we being serious here, Blizzard?

22 Likes