Cat call whistle emote removed, but chestless transmog allowed

It’s a free speech issue because if words are spoken that don’t urge violence then it’s covered by free speech. I work in the legal profession so I feel adequately educated on this part of the convo.

Also, on the daughter scenario you eclipse what I saw ISN’T harassment. I said it’s not harassment for a single incident of cat calling. Meaning, my daughter walks by and gets a single crass response from the construction site and moves on. What you describe may actually rise to harassment, although legally you have to inform the other party of your wish for them to discontinue their harassment.

In the construction scenario I’d educate my daughter on how the world is and how different people act differently. Then, if sufficiently piqued I’d go and talk to the workers. Education all around and no need for government intervention.

3 Likes

Also this. Very good point. My argument was something like:

Someone whistling at you isn’t harassment IRL, so it’s darn sure not in a game

1 Like

Hey, I hate censorship, I absolutely do. But when I first played the game and used the /whistle emote, I didn’t expect it to be a catcall. It’s a good change that it’s no longer a catcall, but to be fair they might have made a new emote, but it would sorta look bad to have an emote in the game called /catcall.

Never noticed the game had it - not sorry it is gone.

A reflection of the world we live in, men are not allowed to be men and women can’t be women. Women don’t really have a problem with catcalling if the guy looks like Brad Pitt, they only get offended when they feel the man is beneath their social status…ergo guys shouldn’t do it and they should know the threshold for what women want by reading their mind so they don’t “offend” them. Guys of course don’t care as with most social/policitally correct garbage, so it is a non-issue for them.

4 Likes

Because it’s been fun to do to friends and guildies in the most hilarious places. Like over their corpse after an embarrassing death in a raid.

No they’re not. See this thread? It’s been a thing for a long time now. People do care.

5 Likes

I’m a woman and I’m ticked they took it out.

I ignored people who tried to use it in RP or randomly with my characters. No reason to be upset, because I’m capable of moving on with my life. A whistle to my character is meaningless.

And my friends and guildies used it to have fun and screw around with each other. We’d have silly mog contests, or tease someone for doing something silly or whatnot.

I feel like some things just get blown way out of proportion when it comes to pixels on a screen. Though I’m also the type to not care if it happens in life, either. I don’t need to address that it’s happened if I don’t want to.

5 Likes

You are right. It is just a matter of time before our weapons are modified to do a 1/3 of the damage least we hurt someone.

Not sure if serious…

I am kind’ve obligated to go with this. I’m male and I’ve been the target of some really creepy uncomfortable crap both in real life AND this game…

2 Likes

“Gamers” are becoming so damn sensitive :joy: I thought we were playing a video game

8 Likes

Don’t you know? This game is a hugbox for poor SJWs.

Just like Overwatch.

What about Classic? When I played during the stress when you whistled it was the wolf whistle. I’m not sure why it’s inappropriate for one version but not for another?

Like that one in 30 million chance to get cancer from a oil commonly used to made railroad ties?

Would you be willing to meet half way and keep the whistle removed but have the /HeyBaby emote added into the game?

To me, /spit is more offensive than /whistle ever was.

4 Likes

also we are now using water guns, foam swords, and you can no longer kill anyone. they are just asleep with huge zZzZz coming from their bodies till they wake up from nap time.

3 Likes

Calm down, its just a game!
A ga,me where we commit warcrimes, slaughter each other for gold and devastate other civilizations; but the legendary ‘wolf whistle’ bothered you?
Have a nice drink, on me :baby_bottle::baby_bottle::baby_bottle:

7 Likes

SOUTHERN Cal! They are nothing but weird down there; that’s one of the main reasons I don’t go to BlizzCon.

Oh no. Character customization options were added.
The sky is falling. :roll_eyes:

Draenei.
that’s all