Awww.... /whistle was nerfed đŸ˜„

In the grand scheme of things, it doesn’t “mean so much.” I could likewise ask why does it mean so much to have it removed or more specifically, were that many people bothered by it? The answer is likely no. We aren’t talking about real life but rather, a video game. You can’t really make real life comparisons either, because if you want to go that route we could then get into nonsense like comparing BfA to real life wars.

With that said, the newly modified whistle sounds like someone with their two front teeth missing attempting to whistle. It just sounds awful and out of place.

Give SJWs enough incentive and theyll finding breathing patterns offensive.

1 Like

2 Likes

Nah man. It’s Rastlin. If he was automated at all he wouldn’t gray parse then scramble to hide them and cry about elitism on the forums when mocked.

Still cracks me up when he was crying about the Mage Tower and one of the CMs basically told him he had to get better. I think the terminology used was “I hate to phrase it like this but this is one of those “git gud” scenarios. . .”

Old whistle offended me beyond words! I couldn’t login without quest mongerers /whistling me while I walked my way to raids, or through the capitol
 changing the whistle DEFINITELY is going to save me time reporting everyone.

Here is the main megthread guys, so come on over and show your support here as well! BRING BACK OUR /whistle EMOTE!

2 Likes

Did they? I’d like to see the proof for this.
Seeing a lot of assumptions over the change with not one shred of evidence for the why it was changed.

some people just wake up wanting to be offended and the rest of us have to cater to their nonsense.

2 Likes

Damn that flirt is dirty lol how is that in the game but I cant cat call night elves anymore.

2 Likes

It can be though lol
men get fired for saying megan markle is hot and they would do her
women say Justin Trudeau is hot and they would do him, not fired.
from a news article I read in Canada earlier this month.

Blizzard must be running their design decisions by Gillette now.

4 Likes

Soooo many people jumping to conclusions in this thread rofl. This extremely minor thing sure is bringing to light how laughable this community can be.

1 Like

My parses are private.

And that story about me and the Mage Tower is just urban legend. Didn’t happen.

Huh??? Is everything offensive to you? How can you stand yourself then?

How is the old whistle offensive???

Write it down here? -----v

1 Like

Answer 1: No not everything is offensive to me.

Answer 2: The old whistle sound was commonly use to catcall ladies and was clearly and without doubt a form of harassment!

Bonus Logical Proof: Since the hateful sound was removed by Blizzard this logically proves my premise and also that it is not “just” me that was offended by this hateful catcall.

Hateful?? It was around since 04 nobody had issues till now??? Maby a bit of harassment yes if your trying to abuse it to piss people off but
Also.

You do know this is a game right? You do know people sometimes use stuff to laugh about with there irl friends as a joke/humor as in hahaha that is funny. People need to stop being so serious and mad.

2 Likes

Whistling is offensive ??? lol really. Then don’t transmog your girl toons to look like hos

3 Likes

LOL Bonus Logical Proof: Since the hateful sound was removed by Blizzard this logically proves my premise and also that it is not “just” me that was offended by this hateful catcall.

1 Like

Did I miss something? Because I just checked in game just now and I can still do /whistle with the appropriate sound effect.

edit: Are you referring to the type of whistle we have now? Because that was changed a while ago I think.

What about this toxic Feminism that is out of control now?

Does this really surprise you?

The women today are taught that marriage is an old concept. It was invented by men to control women. No, it was meant to bring some morality into society rather than a bunch of people just boinking everything in sight just for kicks.

Pretty sad that white folk, and black folk are going to be out numbered soon enough because no one in those two races are procreating.

So now we get /whistle changed because its offensive to let someone know they are attractive. This nonsense that it made people afraid for their lives is a joke.

Nice cave blizz.

4 Likes