./Whistle Emote

Which one of you snowflakes caused the /whistle to be changed? I always greeted my wife with it and now I am sad when I hear it. emphasized text

27 Likes

Inb4 a certain someone pops in to say THEY were the one that made blizz change it, all emotes should be removed, and we should be thanking them.

I’m not kidding. It’s disgusting.

5 Likes

Gonna want to head here instead. Already a thread.

2 Likes

It’s sexual harassment!!! <_>
You’ve seen the staff at blizzard, I’m sure it didn’t take a user for that change to be made.

2 Likes

Blizzard is trying to make WoW a game that’s rated E for everyone, even despite the game’s population consisting of mostly 30-50 year old men.

4 Likes

It’s sexual harassment!!! <_>
You’ve seen the staff at Blizzard, I’m sure it didn’t take a user for that change to be made.

Whistling at my wife is sexual harassment?

10 Likes

If they took the wolf whistle out, will they now have to take the flirts out as well? It is ridiculous logic.

9 Likes

For those that think its offensive, that’s ridiculous. A whistle is not offensive. If a whistle is offensive, then the flirt emote is due to the same logic as the whistle. That also means the glare is offensive due to rudeness. That also means the slap is offensive because it promotes violence and we could stretch it as far as saying it promotes domestic violence. Giggle could be counted as ridicule cause we don’t know the context as far as why someone would be giggling at someone else, they could be making fun of them. Do you see the stupidity in what you see as logic behind this? IF you are going to take out one emote, then take them all out. Cause as long as this is the mindset behind some people now a days, someone will always be offended at something or someone.

11 Likes

You know sexual harassment is a thing. I use to joke about it like you guys till I was harassed like twice at my work place and it is as weird as you think it is because I am a guy. And yes if you were wondering one of them was a guy as well.

It is, but a whistle? really… A WHISTLE!!! by that logic, you are saying me walking down the street, whistling certain notes in a certain order, even though I’m not doing it toward anyone specifically is harassment? In what world does that make sense. Sexual harassment is real, don’t get me wrong, and it in all cases, is wrong and shouldn’t be done. BUT a whistle in a game. really? whats next? take out genders? Hell, by this logic, looking at someone a certain way can be considered sexual harassment, shall we make our screens black when we hit the play button and that is all we see? Where is the line drawn. Far past stupidity. That’s where we draw it.

8 Likes

They might as well take out /moan, /flirt, /kiss, /hug, /lick, and /sexy then. It is absolutely ridiculous.

10 Likes

You know what else is sexual harassment: words. We should totally push blizz to remove ALL dialog, voice and text from the game.

But why stop there?

The players and the NPCs can still make some signs or approach inappropriately to each other. Solution: remove all players and NPCs from the game. It is the only way.

10 Likes

The level of political correctness has risen to unbelievable levels lately. I’m completely for the prosecution of people like Weinstein (he and his ilk are disgusting) but some things have gone too far.

Have you read the reports of people getting so worked up that some radio stations have banned the song " Baby It’s Cold Outside" on the premise that it promotes date rape (or some other form of sexual misconduct)? Seriously? When do we start burning books again? I’m sure some people will think they have offensive stuff too.

8 Likes

you can joke about it but believe me when you ACTUALLY have sexual harassment in the work place it just hits you like a truck for all those times you joked about it.

To be fair though removing whistling because it can lead to sexual harassment is kind of silly.

2 Likes

I just went to use my whistle and it sounds like I’m calling for my dog. What freaking snowflake got this change implemented?

9 Likes

My god what the hell is wrong with blizzard i remember the days of upside down burning crosses in diablo and now they are changing a whistle because they consider it sexual harrasment where is the gaming company i fell in love with.

9 Likes

It is an absurd change. A change which signals to me that Blizzard is on the wrong path.

7 Likes

I wonder how many tiers we had to sacrifice for someone to go through all the emotes and make sure they’re all SJW approved. I’m glad the valuable dev resources are being well spent.

12 Likes

Political correctness. People who are easily offended by just anything are what ruins the fun for everyone else.

7 Likes

I never even knew this emote existed and I’ve been around for a while, so I’ve not heard what it was like before. :confused: