I missed this one at the time but I still think the questions and answers are relevant so I want to make sure we have it on the list.
For the full video, click the link below.
For your convenience we have taken the Dev Q & A video and listed each player question so you can jump straight to it by clicking on the question listed.
- Are there any older design philosophies you’re re-discovering as you develop Classic that you’re considering returning to in the modern version of the game? Things that make the game feel more like a living world and a RPG perhaps?
- It was mentioned before that ‘fun’ is the ultimate metric that drives the game forward. What are some qualitative and quantitative methods that are utilized to measure not only participation but actual enjoyment?
Duel Faction Incentives
- Players that focus on one faction often do not experience the entirety of the in-game narrative. Is the “Two Sides to Every Tale” achievement indicative of possible future incentives to play both factions?
Economy & Player "Services"
- What are your thoughts on gold as a currency in WoW today? Are you happy with the cost of repairs and the gold gained from completing quests? And what are your thoughts on the prevalence of players offering services in exchange for gold?
- With Zandalari and Kul Tirans now released, when can we expect information about the next set of Allied Races?
- I absolutely love the Alllied Race unlock questlines. Have you considered making them repeatable by alts? They could be seen as chapters of the war campaign.
- Hey guys, when will we see more transmog customization? I would love to be able to hide any item slot! Bare chest Zandalari are awesome.
- Are we ever going to see increased character customization? Like being able to make minor adjustments to height, eye color, etc?
- The 100% loot RNG in the game with caches, personal loot and trading restrictions, no valor vendors, no upgrade, rng sockets, TF/WF. Can you comment on any areas you’d like to lessen RNG and increase player agency?
- Many players feel that gear resets are too frequent and too steep. Will anything be done to address this issue going forward?
PvP Gear comparision
- PvP ilevels aren’t keeping pace with the others 2 primary end game content activities M+ & Raiding. What’s the philosophy surrounding PvP ilevels and what should be the rate you receive them?
- When and what will be done to address overwhelming negative feedback about removed portals in old expansions for no valid reason?
- Leveling is faster but still dull due to slow drips of abilities over long periods of time. Are there any intentions to address not just the speed of leveling but the quality of the time spent?
- Is the communities feature worth putting dev resources into moving forward? It seems to have caused more issues than it solved, and there have not been many changes to the tools we can use to manage them. We’ve only lost guild management tools.
- Hunters have Hati back. Xal’atath reappears in a questline. Any chance demo locks will get to see Thal’kiel again?
Dungeons & Raids
Melee vs Ranged fights
- Several of fights in BoD in Mythic have been particularly punishing to guilds with heavy melee compositions (IE Rhastakhan and Stormwall). Going forward will we see fights that aren’t so punishing on composition based on range vs melee?