The events within the Eternal Palace have set the stage for the Old God N’Zoth’s release from his titanwrought prison, and an ancient corruption has taken root across Azeroth.
Return to Uldum and the Vale of Eternal Blossoms to take on N’Zoth’s corruption during new Assaults, bear witness to new Horrific Visions, recruit two new Allied Races, the fox-like vulpera (Horde) and the crafty mechagnomes (Alliance), and much more.
Some features that you’ll find in this update:
Visions of N’Zoth - Survival Guide
- New Goblin and Worgen Heritage Armor
- New Allied Races Preview: Vulpera and Mechagnomes!
- Death Knights for all races Preview
- New Pet Battle Dungeon: Blackrock Depths
- Auction House Update Preview
- New Legendary Cloak and Corrupted Gear Preview
- Assaults and Horrific Visions Preview
- Raid Preview: Ny’alotha, the Waking City
Raid Unlock Schedule:
January 21 – Normal and Heroic Difficulties
January 28 – Mythic Ny’alotha, Raid Finder Wing 1 (Vision of Destiny)
February 11: Raid Finder Wing 2 (Halls of Devotion)
February 25: Raid Finder Wing 3 (Gift of Flesh)
March 10: Raid Finder Wing 4 (The Waking Dream)
For those just returning or who otherwise need to be caught up we have guides for both new and returning players.
As with any update it is important to make sure that if you use addons that they have been updated. It may be a good idea to reset your UI to default to make sure that the old files aren’t causing any issues.
Helpful links for various tech issues:
Known Issues - Bug Report Forum Thread: 8.3 Known Issues and Information
Hotfixes: January 21, 2020
Auction House / Mail Delays
The Auction House issues have been resolved and are now delivering gold and items from sold auctions correctly.
This is currently being investigated. Updates will be shared in this dedicated thread: Auction House Issues
Performance issues on Macs
We are seeing reports, from users on various Mac systems, of various performance issues including freezing/stuttering or locking up while playing. Our Technical Support team has been collecting details for the development team in our Mac Technical Support forums: Crashing, freezing, and stuttering after 8.3
We are seeing reports of folks being unable to transfer due to mail, though no mail is visible in their mailbox. We are currently looking into the issue.
Note: Some transfers may be prevented due to pending mail from an NPC after completing a quest. This is most common on Classic after completing a quest for High Executor Derrington in the Western Plaguelands. That mail should arrive within 24-48 hours after completing the quest.
- Return of the Black Prince - Valeera is missing - Hotfixed
Valeera may be missing due to phasing from other quest chains in the area. If you are on the Nazjatar intro quest line, completing that should resolve the issue.
If you started the quest line to unlock the Zandalari Troll Allied Race you’ll need to complete the quests up through “Allegiance of the Zandalari”.
- The Engine of Nalak’sha - Hotfixed
There are reports of players being able to move the Mogu Statue into a location that cannot be interacted with, thus not being able to complete the scenario. In those cases you’ll need to restart the scenario. The overall issue is being looked into.
- Questing in the Ghostlands - Vulpera - Hotfixed
The Vulpera currently cannot pick up the quest “The Forsaken”, which starts the quest line in the Ghostlands.
- Unlocking Mechagnome - Hotfixed
Players who quality to unlock Mechagnomes on the Horde side may be unable to see Kelsey Steelspark.
- Completed Horrific Vision but Didn’t Receive upgrade for Legendary Cloak
- Ashjra’kamas, Shroud of Resolve is upgraded through a series of quests you can get from Wrathion. You must accept the quest before starting a Horrific Vision in order to be eligible for quest items.
- Quest items are looted from the chest that spawns once a vision ends. Note that you are only eligible for loot from the chest if you killed the relevant bosses inside the vision, based on what quest you are doing.
For additional information about upgrading the legendary cloak, see this guide.
Note : If your character dies before a boss is pulled and can’t participate in the fight, you will be ineligible for loot. If you are revived and can participate before the boss dies, you will become loot eligible.
Check out the following Support articles:
- Gift of N’Zoth
The Gift of N’Zoth will disappear when outside of some Battle for Azeroth zones. It should come back when returning.
- Unlocking Mechagnomes
The following achievements need to be completed on any character on the same account:
- Rustbolt Rebellion
- The Mechagonian Threat
If you have done these achievements on any Alliance character(s), you can head to the Alliance Embassy in Stormwind on that character and start the unlock questchain with Aysa Cloudsinger and accepting the quest “Urgent Care”.
If you have done these achievements on a Horde character, you will then need to login on a level 120 Alliance character.
- If this character has already completed the Mechagon Island intro questline that ends with the quest “Welcome To The Resistance”, then the character can head to the Alliance Embassy in Stormwind and pick up the quest “Urgent Care” from Aysa Cloudsinger to start the Allied Race unlock questline.
- If this character has not unlocked Mechagon Island, you can head to the Alliance Embassy in Stormwind and Gila Crosswires will have the quest “Fame Waits For Gnome One” which will lead the character through the Mechagon Island unlock process which then leads to the mechagnome unlock questline. If you are in this situation, you will not need to go to Nazjatar.
Developer Q & A’s:
We have taken the Dev Q & A videos and listed each player question so you can jump straight to it in the video. You can find a link to the various Q&A’s from Legion and pre-Battle for Azeroth here.
- Battle for Azeroth Q&A with Ion Hazzikostas (Game Director) - July 19
- Battle for Azeroth Q&A with Ion Hazzikostas (Game Director) - August 23
- Battle for Azeroth Q&A with Ion Hazzikostas (Game Director) - October 11
- Battle for Azeroth Q&A with Ion Hazzikostas (Game Director) - December 14 2018
- Battle for Azeroth Q&A with Ion Hazzikostas (Game Director) - January 24 2019
- Battle for Azeroth Q&A with Ion Hazzikostas (Game Director) - March 21 2019