Something sinister churns beneath the waves—the Queen of Tides’ return is imminent!
Rise of Azshara, the next major Battle for Azeroth content update goes live June 25 and is packed with many new features, including the addition of Essences to the Heart of Azeroth system; two new zones to explore, Nazjatar and Mechagon; Heritage Armor for tauren and gnomes; new Benthic gear; a raid that takes players into the depths of Azshara’s Eternal Palace; and much more.
Some features that you’ll find in this update:
Rise of Azshara - Survival Guide
- Preview: Heart of Azeroth Updates
- Heritage Armor: Tauren & Gnome
- Preview: Mechagon Island - Visitor’s Guide
- Preview: Nazjatar Visitor’s Guide
- Preview: Navigate the Perils of Nazjatar in New Benthic Gear
- Many New Treasures Await - Pets, Mounts, Toys and More
- Preview: Mount Equipment
- Preview: New Pet Battle Dungeon: Stratholme
- The Eternal Palace Raid Preview and Schedule
- Take to the Skies With Battle for Azeroth Pathfinder, Part 2
For those just returning or who otherwise need to be caught up we have guides for both new and returning players.
As with any update it is important to make sure that if you use addons that they have been updated. It may be a good idea to reset your UI to default to make sure that the old files aren’t causing any issues.
Helpful links for various tech issues:
Known Issues - Bug Report Forum Thread:
Hotfixes: June 26, 2019
- We are aware of an issue with some keyboards either not responding or taking awhile to respond. This appears to be related to several addons. As a temporary workaround we recommend disabling your addons or resetting your User Interface.
The Doppel Gang
- We are looking into reports that the rare mob, Doppel Ganger, cannot be summoned.
Payment in Kind
- We are looking into reports that Anduin is not visible in Stormwind. Initial investigation has revealed that other quests could interfere with Anduin being available, such as “Shores of Fate” which is part of the Darkshore quest chain.
- Not a bug: This container can drop unique items such as: Germinating Seed, Chum, and Brinestone Pickaxe. If you have one of these unique items in your inventory, you will not be able to open another Waterlogged Toolbox if it is attempting to grant a second unique item. Use the unique item in your inventory/bank to be able to open your toolbox.
We are looking into reports of not being able to turn in this quest.
Scouting the Pens:
The Call Neri buff can be removed, requiring characters to return to Newhome to interact with the conch before being able to turn in the quest.
We are aware of a situation where Oceuleth is repeatedly returning characters to the top of the waterwall for the quest Descent.
Shadowed Halls and Dusty Cogs:
During the questline for the Gnome Heritage Armor the Prototype Arcane Engine will sometimes be uninterractible.
What Will it Grow?
We are looking into reports from players who were able to receive the Germinating Seed, start and complete the quest “What Will it Grow?” without knowing Rank 1 for Zin’anthid gathering, therefore not learning rank 2.
They Made Their Choice:
We are looking into reports that Janius and Shandris are stuck, or missing which is preventing some players from being able to turn in this quest.
Zem’lan’s Lost Treasure Map:
We are aware of an issue with the maximum stack of Fragments of Zem’lan’s Lost Treasure Map preventing players from removing them from their mail.
Developer Q & A’s:
We have taken the Dev Q & A videos and listed each player question so you can jump straight to it in the video. You can find a link to the various Q&A’s from Legion and pre-Battle for Azeroth here.
- Battle for Azeroth Q&A with Ion Hazzikostas (Game Director) - July 19
- Battle for Azeroth Q&A with Ion Hazzikostas (Game Director) - August 23
- Battle for Azeroth Q&A with Ion Hazzikostas (Game Director) - October 11
- Battle for Azeroth Q&A with Ion Hazzikostas (Game Director) - December 14 2018
- Battle for Azeroth Q&A with Ion Hazzikostas (Game Director) - January 24 2019
- Battle for Azeroth Q&A with Ion Hazzikostas (Game Director) - March 21 2019 - New