Alterac Valley in Classic

:roll_eyes:

Do you have the source link?

It’s from an episode of Classicast with John Staats and Mark Kern.

Think I found the one, but will take a while to get through 3 hours of “content creator” banter.

This is a subject that has been continually discussed since within vanilla, when the initial guttening occured.

5 Likes

Still important to the longevity of classic.

5 Likes

Not really, one instanced BG map is hardly that important.

LOL did they unsticky this?!

I am not going to argue that it is a make it or break it scenario for Classic as a whole, that’d be laughable. But I will say, for game longevity, it does matter for some people. I cannot and will not try to predict exactly how effective it would be in the case of numbers, again laughable for someone like myself to try, but I will say that sometimes a simple setting of the way a battleground plays out can be the one thing that keeps someone playing.

How do I know this? Personal experience.
WoD was a pretty bad expansion, but Ashran, played properly on a prot paladin with the right talents and gear, was one of the most fun things I ever did. Every single night I would log in, get on my paladin, go straight to Ashran, and then be in there for hours on end! I’d be in Ashran for up to 7 hours a night.

Outside of that the expansion was meh. Legion came out and that expansion was the one I least played most of all. And with BfA, well lets just say I can only post on the Classic forums and I believe the report ones too.

2 Likes

Big AV news soon? perhaps old AV or AV changes with phases!

1 Like

Maybe, hopefully so. If this got unstickied it could be a sign of a change of heart?

500 more posts on, and people are still arguing that enjoyment dictates what Blizzard will implement, vs you know… what they said they’re doing.

And the Wall of No: AV Edition, rolls on.

:roll_eyes:

9 Likes

Get out your 280,000 person petition.

You’ve posted more in this thread than anyone. Repeatedly saying blizz said. Yea. We get it. You’re bored.

1.5 AV being nerfed into 1.12 in a later content bucket is as authentic as you can get.
Having 1.5 as a weekend event would also allow people to taste authentic 1.5 AV.
1.5 was a huge part of Vanilla for many players. That is why this is still being championed.
“Blizz said.” Blizz also said they would never do Classic. Good thing we didn’t listen to those hall monitors posting that wall of no either.

6 Likes

If you’ve read any of my posts, both of those suggestions I am completely ok with. The majority of people demanding 1.5 are outright refusing to accept those options.

I’ve read enough of your posts to know your go to is “blizz said”. To me that is just wall of no. I’ve read enough to consider your posting technique as concern trolling.
You’ve done nothing but tried to shut down any topic brought up with blizz said.
You want people to stop taking about things yet you keep it going with your “concerns. cause blizz said”

7 Likes

That’s in response to “Replace 1.12 with 1.5 AV forever.” That’s a non-starter. If you want to call that “Wall of No”, then go get a 280,000 player petition and they might change their mind.

What else is there to say at this point, blizzard made this post specifically to address the issue of AV. And they made it clear that like everything else in classic they’re going to be using 1.12. At this point asking for changes to 1.12 AV is no different than asking for class balance changes.

Now if the people who are interested in 1.5 AV want to have a general discussion about changes to 1.12 great. Until then 1.12 as is, #nochanges.

Are you guys seriously still discussing av? This is a dead topic my dudes the decision was made

There are other ways to get some of what they want if they’re willing to discuss them.