Class Tuning in Progress -- Dec. 15

We have the final PvP adjustments for this week, going into effect with weekly maintenance in each region:

Player versus Player

• Demon Hunter
    • (Conduit) Unnatural Malice’s effect is reduced by 50% in PvP.
  • Mage
    • Arcane
      • (Legendary) Arcane Harmony may only reach a maximum of 10 stacks in PvP (was 15).
  • Rogue
    • (Conduit) Reverberation effectiveness reduced by 50% when engaged in combat with enemy players (was a 30% reduction).
    • (Kyrian Covenant) Echoing Reprimand initial damage reduced by 50% when engaged in combat with enemy players.
    • Assassination
      • Nightstalker increases damage dealt while Stealth is active by 25% (was 50%).
    • Subtlety
      • Cold Blood (PvP Talent) damage is now properly reduced by effects such as Versatility.
      • Shadow Blades now deals an additional 30% damage against enemy players, (was an additional 40% damage).
      • Nightstalker increases damage dealt while Stealth or Shadow Dance is active by 8% when engaged in combat with enemy players (was 12%).
  • Pelagos Soulbind
    • Combat Meditation Mastery value reduced by 50% in PvP, and duration increased by 50% in PvP.

We’re internally testing the following slate of adjustments, with the goal of implementing these changes during scheduled weekly maintenance (December 15 in this region).

Classes

Tank Specializations

• Threat generation for all Tanks increased by 10%.

Death Knight

• Unholy
    • Mastery: Dreadblade effectiveness reduced by 20%.
  • Blood
    • Blood Boil damage increased by 10%.
    • Heart Strike damage increased by 15%.
    • Marrowrend damage increased by 10%.
    • Death Strike damage increased by 5%.

Demon Hunter

• Havoc
    • All damage abilities increased by 5%.

Druid

• Balance
    • Starfall damage reduced 6%.
    • Balance of all Things [Legendary] now causes Eclipse to increase your critical strike chance with Arcane or Nature spells by 40%, decreasing by 8% every 1 second (was 50% crit, decreasing by 10% per second).

Hunter

• Marksmanship
    • Aimed Shot damage reduced by 5%.
    • Arcane Shot damage reduced by 5%.

Rogue

• Assassination

Shaman

• Restoration
    • All healing abilities reduced by 4%.
    • Healing Rain reduced by an additional 10%.

Warlock

• Destruction
    • Chaos Bolt damage increased by 22%.

Warrior

• Arms
    • Mortal Strike damage increased by 20%. Damage reduced by an equivalent amount in PvP.
    • Slam (Rank 3) now increases Slam’s damage by 50% (was 25%).
  • Fury

As we test, the above are subject to change before Tuesday. If we do have further changes, we’ll update here as soon as possible.

As always, this is not a comprehensive list of all adjustments we might make to the game. In particular, we’re considering tweaks to several classes’ Torghast powers. You’ll find our updated hotfixes post here, including all changes made to the game soon after they’re implemented.

Thank you for your feedback!

36 Likes

Mages left to rot eh. Nice!

90 Likes

Warlock getting the attention its deserves like always I see.

28 Likes

Havoc getting a 5% damage buff is like putting a single Band-Aid over a shotgun blast lmao.

64 Likes

Thank you for the change, but I dont think 5% is enough considering Havoc is now the bottom of the dps charts these days.

41 Likes

For example, in PvP, we’re looking into specializations that may have some high-damage conditions.

Again, we’ll update you as soon as we’re set on adjustments to that.

26 Likes

Can you look into buffing frost… it’s abysmal…

63 Likes

I don’t think they intend to buff frost. I am more amazed they left the clearly overturned classes sitting on top untouched for the most part. If these are largely the key things they are looking at internally, I would expect to see a slow exodus of weaker classes and specs into the OP ones.

7 Likes

You know this isnt going to get fixed by nerfing every single burst to useless…

Dev’s needs to bring back some sort of actual pvp stat and not just stack vers with the 2 bonus trinket and call it a day.

19 Likes

Totally ignoring this disparities in covenants. Good job on the fail systems again. Guess we’ll be waiting for 9.3 for a ripcord

83 Likes

Thats hilarious to me. Only because last night my friends was like “they will probably reduce your mastery by 15% or something” to my other dk friend.

3 Likes

I hope there’s still time to get a tuning pass on Holy Paladin.

16 Likes

5% isn’t enough for havoc dh and sin rogue.

46 Likes

Wow, we all knew resto shamans were coming in for about a 10% nerf (this seems generous), but no buff for disc?

I don’t even play disc and kind of enjoy them starting to fall a bit out of favor, but…

1 Like

Covenant disparities?

What about Venthyr being trash for a lot of classes/specs?

Same with Necrolord?

Fleshcraft being so bad it’s not worth using a keybind for it cause you only use it out of combat before fights?

Nothing? Really?

24 Likes

time for everyone that crafted legendary’s early to start crying pog

9 Likes

Covenant tuning will come after mythic opens.

Add BM Hunter, plus 10% more damage across the board

24 Likes

and to think i was actually beginning to enjoy unholy again

12 Likes

no legendary tuning…lol

9 Likes