Saturday Maintenance?

No, they already said that won’t be until Tuesday.

Are you saying you wouldn’t want to come into work on a Saturday to do something that was wholly unnecessary to do until Tuesday?

No, no. Of course not. I just wasn’t thinking clearly earlier.

1 Like

Also to implement nerfs/buffs.

Those are being implemented on Tuesday too.

welcome to beta.

1 Like

Happens when Bliz pushes out expacs to fast and didn’t fix the issues in beta. Good thing though they can continue testing with retail and adjust/fix along the way.

I have no issues with Maintenance. They could have it during prime time gaming time I don’t mind.
*Honestly I don’t see why people complain so much.

1 Like

Server: “Oh patch me harder, daddy”
Blizzard tech updating the work ticket: “Recent hotfix did not resolve the issue.”

1 Like

Some people seem to only be happy when they are unhappy.

1 Like

An hour on a Saturday morning for a hotfix?

Maybe it’s because I’m in IT, but I’m fine with it. Things happen, and they needs be fixed.

someone is likely getting their overtime compensation

Honestly, I’d guess they’re not getting anything extra. In my experience most infrastructure gigs (eg. server teams) are salaried, likely in part so the company doesn’t have to pay them extra to work late/weekends.

It depends on their salary. Under a certain level of pay they are guaranteed overtime by Federal labor laws.

But even then, a company like Blizzard likely doesn’t care about overtime compensation too much. It’s likely invisible to their bottom line, just due to the money they make every day.

Gotta get that Castle loot big fixed! Don’t want to many people getting loot this weekend!

1 Like

Except for all the class tunings, which will go into effect tomorrow during the maintenance.

Except for “technical” employees, who are often overtime exempt. I’d bet money that most of Blizzards operations and NOC employees (as well as developers) are overtime exempt.

Unless they’re in an exempted category, the same way most tipped staff can be payed less than minimum wage.

You’d be surprised. Sure, one guy getting overtime won’t matter but it can add up quick. Personnel costs can be a pretty large chunk of expenses for some places.

Some companies leave it to individual supervisors to approve but some you have to route it pretty high up. One company I used to work for it was up to each division. Mine left it up to the managers (who mostly didn’t actually care as long as you were actually doing something) but for the manufacturing division weekend overtime went up to their VP and had to be approved by noon Thursday or it didn’t happen.

If you mean the ones that Kaivax posted, they’re set for Tuesday.

There was a time when the servers would be down for a week, and it wasn’t scheduled, meaning they would go down and then they would be running around with their hair on fire all week trying to get them working.

But I guess we don’t talk about those days anymore.

Happens when they need to update the client.