All Realms in this Region are now One Layer -- August 21

Over the weeks since several high-population realms were configured to allow two layers, and therefore twice as many concurrent players, we’ve carefully observed and tracked the player populations on those realms. Our goal has been to reach a conclusion – a time at which we could safely “delayer” and return those realms to the same population controls as every other realm.

Today, we have done exactly that. All realms in this region are now operating without layers.

Additionally, we’ve disabled the temporary restrictions on character transfers from realm to realm in this region.

29 Likes

Hope it works well for them, thanks for the heads up.

2 Likes

THank you!! Please keep it this way!

8 Likes

In before 6 hour queues

36 Likes

Not the news I wanted to hear. Fully expect my realm to go back to queues during peak hours.

19 Likes

Excited to log my character in at 3pm and AFK for 5 hours to avoid queue boss!

40 Likes

Thank you for doing this, puts the mmo in mmorpg. Really stupid to abuse layering to avoid conflict, engage in unfair conflict, abusing world bosses, the entire bug farm was faction infighting because of layers. Layers should not be in the game

6 Likes

Why?

Layers are a net benefit for everyone. For every negative there is to layers, there are numerous benefits that far exceed the negatives.

23 Likes

You do realize that removing layers reduces the amount of people actively logged in to 1 server, therefore reducing the “MMO” aspect, as less people are playing concurrently?

Also worth mentioning coordinating world buffs on 2 layers requires more player communication than 1 layer, again contradicting your statement.

8 Likes

Population is down because no one is sitting logged in to avoid a queue… it’ll go back to a queue once we hit raid day and everyone tries to log in at once. nice

19 Likes

The lotus prices will go through a price shock and eventually stabilize in a few weeks, like they always have when they introduce and take away layering each time.

In before Herod layers re-added in less than a week

18 Likes

Here we go again.

Any server with 5k+ active raiders should have remained locked. Mess coming back in less than 2 weeks, and more dead servers on the horizon.

5 Likes

No I dont see how that removes the MMO aspect. I dont want more players, I want people on the same coherent plane of existence. Switching over to another layer simply removes player emergence and world immersion.

World buffs are even more irrelevant, I like classic because its not only a competitive dungeon crawler like retail is. Everything is a non place in retail.

1 Like

I am so glad this is happening finally

Songflower is really the only buff that somewhat requires coordination during a buff run with multiple people. All dragon, rend, and ZG buffs go off on multiple layers now so that’s irrelevant.

1 Like

monkas poggers

can we not get char transfers? last time you allowed BOTH char transfer AND char creation it toke less then a month for que’s to form.

Literally why? I sincerely hope this doesn’t bring back massive 4 hour queues to Whitemane. Who actually asked for this? lol

10 Likes

THANK YOU! Very very much.

2 Likes