All Realms in this Region are now One Layer -- August 21

thank you.

I strongly disagree.

It ruined the bug farm, it ruined world pvp, and there’s hardly anyone dueling outside because the population is fragmented.

The only negative I see is resource management, ie black lotuses, nodes and herbs. I personally think their spawn times should dynamically reflect the density of the zone, not introduce a whole different layer.

Layers are a cop out, its effectiveness is limited because blizzard is unwilling or incapable of changing certain mechanics of the game to be compatible with the massive population disparity between classic and vanilla.

Outside of that layers serve as such a massive convenience. There’s someone farming here? Layer over. Someone is camping me? Layer over. There’s ally/horde? Layer over. It makes things more dissociative, disconnected and not engaging.

8 Likes

So you wait till a new raid tier to do this?
Within two weeks Arugal will have 5k queues

14 Likes

Ahh, just another example of Blizzard having absolutely no idea what they’re doing and being incredibly disconnected from their player base. Can’t wait for long ques again. Can’t wait to be unable to switch layers when I am getting graveyard camped by the opposite faction. Wanna farm in Silithus? LOL good luck, about 500 other people will do the same thing. Just missed a world buff on the only layer? You’re screwed.

13 Likes

Purging bout to come back boys

2 Likes

If all these bots were gone, maybe the queues won’t be so bad…

2 Likes

Black lotus RIGHT after this dropped basically doubled in prices and bet other “resources” will too.
ALOT of players and guilds buy 100’s of those all the time because they use 80+ a week and there is no way that 3 zones have enough even with layers.

Layers is only bad for realms with lower-ish population as there is way more resources then being consumed.

Also dueling generally happens on 1 layer and asking in /1 for dueling layering isn’t hard you know.

1 Like

That’s nice. Now when will Paladins work like they did in Vanilla?

1 Like

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! People scared of PVP can run but they can’t hide :relaxed: :relaxed:

Thanks, I love sitting in a 4 hour queue and then afk jumping all day so I dont get kicked off, only exacerbating the queue. Anyone decrying layers for world buffs or “muh classic economy” has an IQ below room temp.

20 Likes

Nobody is scared to PvP you. Relax

4 Likes

Why do you even care if a realm is layered? We are a month into p5 and large servers like Whitemane really benefit from the extra resources.
Layers don’t hurt realm identity at all. I know very well, having played since launch, who the a-holes are and who the nice people, who are the tryhards and who are the casuals. Who is to be trusted and who isn’t etc.
Even a remote possibility for a que seems to make this not worth it. Not to mention this will become a problem in p6 again no?

8 Likes

Yea they will eventually go back down and stabilize, look at bootybay gazette and follow the trends of when layering was introduced or removed and see that they eventually stabilize within 2 weeks… The market of black lotuses isnt determined by their availability, scarcity is artificially manufactured by those who have the most capital. The removal of layering is just a hunch said hoarders can take advantage of for the time being.

Dueling does not happen on one layer, outside of orgrimmar is rather empty. That also doesn’t address the largest problem; Layering makes the environment less engaging, it makes conflict less common, you can disengage from player made circumstances by hopping over another layer. This is not in the mmo spirit.

I feel like the pro layering sentiment is held by players that have zero to no faith in blizzard’s capabilities in making actual solutions that can appease the higher population in comparison to 05. And I’m not saying its the players’ fault, its entirely blizzard’s. Players rather have a botched solution to their server pop problems than a problem to begin with, but I dont get how nostalrious can implement solution to things like black lotus scarcity but blizzard cannot.

You have literally not a single good reason why layers are bad.

8 Likes

Hello
I am not sure why you guys thought this was a good idea
Even more so when there is new content released.
Please return this to a 2 layer realm again.

8 Likes

So who else is excited for Ashes of Creation? Gonna be sick playing a game where the devs actually know what they’re doing.

7 Likes

Never log out again? Got it.

4 Likes

Oh good, I love 6 hour ques. That’s clearly better than layers. rolls eyes

4 Likes

What negative is there that layering causes that outweighs not being able to play the game and/or having to log in 5 hours early to get into a raid?
Honest question.

7 Likes

I’d normally agree but if it’s going to constantly be a “layer on, Layer off” I doubt prices will go down like it normally did. Also considering prises for BL’s where going down the first time layer’s was introduced but was forced back to 150G here I wouldn’t be surprised if they stay at the new 250G with 1 layer.