Vestments of the Eternal Traveler Transmogrification Set

Hello.

Since the BlizzCon announcement of Shadowlands, we’ve seen concerns about whether it is intended that the quest for the Vestments of the Eternal Traveler transmogrification set can obtained from another player’s Ensorcelled Everwyrm mount.

This is not a bug. Access to this transmogrification set is a bonus available to anyone who purchases Shadowlands. While the Heroic Edition and Epic Edition also grant the Ensorcelled Everwyrm flying mount that summons the questgiver Xolartios, anyone who has purchased Shadowlands can interact with the questgiver and earn the transmog set. The quest for the Vestments of the Eternal Traveler will also remain available to all WoW accounts that have upgraded to Shadowlands after the launch of Shadowlands.

The questgiver does not offer the quest and rewards to player characters who have not yet pre-purchased Shadowlands.

24 Likes

Well that’s neat.

5 Likes

So, misled people to buy the deluxe editions for the goodies at Blizzcon, but then announce later that it’s sharable with others who have got it.

82 Likes

I just bought shadowlands for the set.

hmmm very ebic

7 Likes

Look I’m not going to say I purchased the version i did because of the FOMO on the armor set, but It was definitely a huge incentive.

Why did you leave this announcement so late after people have purchased? seems a little disingenuous.

Like I ultimately don’t care, but this feels like something that should have been announced on the store page - Not two months after purchases have been made… just feels a little slimy.

80 Likes

I don’t see the problem, you still get everything you paid for, plus the fancy hearthstone and mount are still completely exclusive.

EDIT: to clarify I have no skin in the game here, I haven’t pre-ordered and even if I did I think the vestments are hideous so I wouldn’t use them even if I unlocked them.

11 Likes

“its not a bug its a feature”
Yeah… sure it is…

21 Likes

Where was this explanation 2 months ago? While most of us did it and some are still suffering through it, you’re a bit late to the party.

10 Likes

This is confusing; does this imply that the quest giver will be somewhere in Shadowlands and that the mount provided with the Heroic and Epic Editions provides access to the quest giver early?

I paid $60 for the Heroic Edition just so that I can get the transmog, but I could have just waited til someone pulled out their quest giver and got the quest regardless?

Note that I am actually blaming myself for not being on the up and up in regards to how it functions, though if I had known at the time I could have just bummed the quest off someone else, I would have just paid $40

But on the bright side, the mount does look nice.

3 Likes

Smells like another case of “fine print” to me.

Includes everything in the Base Edition, plus instant access to a Level 120 Character Boost and the Ensorcelled Everwyrm flying mount. The flying mount grants a quest for the Vestments of the Eternal Traveler transmog set.

Technically speaking, the Heroic upgrade gives you the boost and mount, while the detail about the quest and transmog is a separate statement attributed to the mount, not the upgrade. It doesn’t necessarily claim any exclusivity to the quest, just that the mount is needed to activate it, or trigger what activates it.

Either way, the $20 gets you a mount and level boost. Kinda sucks if you got the upgrade specifically for the set, but at least you still get some benefit out of it.

1 Like

There was no misleading, only assumptions and bad reading comprehension.

4 Likes

To be fair, you shouldn’t blame yourself for not having information that was unavailable. Even looking at the store page now, it’s pretty unclear that this is available to anything below the heroic edition as that’s the first edition the set is mentioned in. Anyone saying this isn’t misleading is being disingenuous

21 Likes

In b4 someone sues for false advertising. Cause you know Kaivax. That’s literally what that’s called. I would think your legal team would know that.

EDIT: Don’t even get me started on how annoying the quest is.

EDIT2: And before someone says “It doesn’t say exclusive!” or such, that doesn’t matter. False advertising claims aren’t cut and dry. If something is intentionally misleading, it’s false advertising by law.

https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/world-of-warcraft/23185729/pre-purchase-shadowlands-now

And " Ensorcelled Everwyrm Mount, which grants access to a questline that awards the Vestments of the Eternal Traveler transmogrification set."

Is indeed intentionally phrased in a way that states it’s a perk of buying the upgraded editions.

49 Likes

Seems fair. TBH, i bought the epic edition for the pet, hearthstone and illusion. Can we get an update on fixing the Illusion bug where it gets removed when activating certain abilities?

2 Likes

You misunderstood my meaning. I didn’t pre-order right away; I waited a while. And maybe if I had looked a little harder at the topics around this Transmog set, maybe I would have seen that I could have just waited for a person to pull out the mount and the quest giver to get the quest. That’s why I blame myself.

Blizzard should have clarified it a bit better right from the start, that goes without saying.

1 Like

I mean it’s whatever. The mount and such are already “free” when compared to Legion/BFA editions of the game which only included the boost for $60. I went above the $40 version simply for the boost and game time which far outvalue the upgrade cost. Every thing else I saw as extra anyway so I don’t care if people get the mog on the lesser version.

2 Likes

That is fantastic news, thanks!

So… sell access to my quest in SW?

Got it.

2 Likes

It was 100% poor communication on the part of blizzard and way way too late to clarify. Stop white knighting (smells employee).

I am still happy they made this bug part of the game though.

11 Likes

I feel for Kaivax getting the heat of this from rightfully salty individuals. I get reading fine prints help BUT this information should of been front and center from the start. Just sayin’.

I haven’t and won’t probably buy Shadowlands 'till I see something else than a re-doable islan… I mean dungeon that you’ll be only able to do like once a week. And the covenant system feels like a boring buddy system with the netherlight crucible weaved into a tree.

Nothing interesting. Still understand why some are cheesed.

9 Likes