Was BFA a successful expansion?

From what I hear it’s doing pretty well in China. Not so hot in the US. I’d have to find proof on that though.

A grind of a game doing well in China?? You jest!

I don’t think so. This expansion has had so many, “Money Grab” schemes.

From hiding backpacks behind recruit-a-friend slavery plans…
…to 6-month prison sentence subscription plans.

To even allowing new subscribers a “taste” of WoW for half price.

Get you hooked good on that WoW smack!

Uhh…

Well, as much as I don’t like what Blizzard has become, there is no denying that WoW is a cultural icon and has had a major impact on gaming; MMORPGs to be exact.

Because of its popularity and cultural status, players are willing to put up or ignore many faults they would otherwise berate another MMORPG for.

Blizzard is very aware of this and uses player nostalgia against their consumers.

4 Likes

god i dont know. from a marketing standpoint i have zero info.
player standpoint… no. not at all.

2 Likes

Warlords of Draenor simply was abandoned. The Garrison system was the worst, but the raiding and pvp scene was good. It was just a huge shame that WoD was abandoned in the middle of it’s span.

1 Like

I’m not white knighting. I’m just questioning the validity of what you said when it was explicitly stated that you cannot get the armor set from interacting with someone else’s mount.

And yeah, so what? You’re still buying Shadowlands lol. I’d say this is actually pretty good of them to do. You’re paying extra for Wraithchill and the Mount.

And anyways, how does this relate to BFA “false advertising?” Because that’s where this came from if I remember correctly. Trust me, I hated BFA too, but I don’t see how something relating to Shadowlands can be a point for BFA.

BFA was the most boring expansion I have ever taken part in. Vulpera are the only good thing that came out of it. I honestly couldn’t see myself playing for any other reason and honestly that novelty has seemed to wear off already.

The content is so boring I cant even enjoy playing as a race that I wanted more than anything else in wow.

Between the game being nothing but chores and the required PVE to enjoy or even take part in PVP honestly makes me rate this expansion a solid 2/10

Well it is the perfect game for a country where every one’s home with the Corona Virus

People like you are why Blizzard gets away with these things. Oh well, I just won’t pre order anything from them ever again.

It was deceptive and it was not well communicated. Several material facts were omitted, and they waited an extreme length of time before correcting the information to enrich themselves financially.

All of these things showcase extremely bad faith business practices, which I expect many people will factor in when they make decisions relating to the company going forward. I know I will.

You attempting to justify it speaks volumes. Don’t bother replying I won’t be reading it.

2 Likes

And who are “people like me?”

Well, regardless of what people purchased they’re still getting the mount and wraithchill as I said. The armor set is a bonus and I’m actually quite glad they’re letting normal Shadowlands players get it as well. I don’t want them moving into paywalled armor.

What are these “things?” Just something not mentioned and later clarified? If you don’t buy Shadowlands, then great. Nobody cares.

I’m going to reply anyways because you’re in the mindset that nobody else can have a different opinion or else they’re a white knight. You know that’s a stupid way to think and so you’re just shutting down and throwing a little tantrum.

Have fun man, nobody cares. Still trying to figure out how Shadowlands = BFA.

It depends on what metric we’re judging it by in a non-sperg non-toxic sort of way. “ON EVERY METRIC, YOU DUNCE!” Nope! :wink: WoD started with more players than even BFA did yet BFA retained more. That is a fact. Pandaria had more subscribers than Legion did, and look now. BFA has more subs. I agree that in other regards that BFA could be “the worst expansion for X”. Every expansion is the worst at something at least. Classic was hands down the worst time you could ever be a Ret or Prot Paladin.

Financially it seems like it was which is kind of sad as its the one I played & enjoyed the least. Still checking in here periodically though so… guess we’ll see about Shadowlands.

It really was not though, all it took was you literally reading and you were told everything lol.

This is because Classic subs are counted towards BFA. Which means even if you hate BFA and dont play it at all, your sub for Classic counts towards BFA. Its a skewed statistic, not fact.

3 Likes

Maybe they should of done a $10/ month sub for those that wanted to only play Classic and if they wanted both they pay the normal $15 .

That way they could tell which people only play classic.

2 Likes

They can tell based on logins how many of those subs are classic only and not BFA. Those are numbers they wont release though, it would make the other statistics used to qualify BFA look bad.

1 Like

Wrath baby means born in or around Wrath expansion, not the fact that they cry as a result of the name.

It was a derogatory term used to describe people who started in Wrath and wanted/where used to the game being dumbed down and easy mode with faceroll leveling and dungeons.

2 Likes

This is such a garbage statistic only a white knight would post it.

BFA had 6 months of online pre-sale to get to that figure.

BC and Wrath people had to physically go to a store or several, if it was sold out to buy a copy on the day of release.

Its hardly comparable.

5 Likes

it was the fastest selling expansion

not the best selling

1 Like