Vestments of the Eternal Traveler Transmogrification Set

Can you also fix the forum character view so it shows up. I have it on but don’t see it. It’s a great set and quests is pretty fast from just normal play.

Thanks!

1 Like

Not an employee nor a white knight. Did I assume the same as most everyone? Yep. After the initial reports of this being the case I went back, read the purchase description and realized I assumed wrong. I didn’t feel mislead because nothing implied exclusivity in regards to the quest. It simply says the mount summons the quest giver.

3 Likes

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/shadowlands
Scroll down to Pre-Purchase area, and click Base Edition. There’s no mention there of the transmog set, and it doesn’t get mentioned until you go to Heroic Edition. There’s also a graphic for it. Likewise the Deluxe Edition shows the graphic. Base Edition shows no graphic.

It’s not bad reading comprehension, because there was nothing whatsoever on the Base Edition to “read” as it was never mentioned.

I personally don’t care, the transmog set is not something I’ll ever use. But to say players assumed and misread is patently false, as there was nothing to misread and no reason to assume something specifically listed on the other two editions, would be included with the base.

Kudos to Blizzard for offering it to all players regardless of purchase, but yet again poor communication and late clarification.

30 Likes

Now this is a smart person.

1 Like

I’m really not going to argue semantics. When you read what the heroic edition states it in no way implies the transmog set is exclusive to heroic and above, it simply states the mount summons the quest giver for it. If it doesn’t express it directly or even imply it, there is no misleading just misunderstanding which falls on the feet of the buyer.

4 Likes

Every other benefit from a mount is open to everyone so it actually should have been questioned at the time if people were thinking it was exclusive and buying solely on that basis.

If I recall there was plenty of other things that made it worthwhile buying anyway - yes a boost and a mount that you don’t get for the basic. Not sure it would be worth being upset for paying that $25 extra.

https://www.ftc.gov/news-events/media-resources/truth-advertising

Blizzard can be reported to the FTC for this, as it affected our “pocketbooks” as their site states is one of the criterias.

Again, Blizzard’s legal team SHOULD know this.

15 Likes

I think they should allow you to make tickets and refund you the $25 but you lose the mount and the boost.

2 Likes

Nowhere in that does it say exclusive quest. It says you get everything from the base edition plus a boost and a mount. The mount grants a quest.

Since it doesn’t say the quest is only for you, then it isn’t only for you. I know that it nitpicking, but welcome to legalese.

5 Likes

And what exactly is annoying about the quest? I admit it is pretty vague as what you have to do, but just searching the internet usually gives you a quick answer.

If you’re talking about the drop rate of the Echo of Mortality, then it’s just a test of patience. When I read that you only get 4 to 6 guarantied to drop the first time it does drop from a humanoid kill of the day, then it’s just 1 if you get another drop, the first thing that came to mind was “Oh, so it’s meant to be done over time! Cool then I’ll just play normally and I’ll get it in about a week!” If you’re raging over the fact that you can’t get it right now this immediate second, then I have nothing else to say outside of “Patience is a virtue.”

1 Like

You are responding to me and I am not sure why. I agree it was a strange assumption to be making. If they intended for the quest to be exclusive then why hook it up to a mount where the benefits are typically available to others once the mount is summoned.

I still will buy the version with the mount and the boost regardless, that transmog was a useless extra to me. That is if I buy it at all.

I couldn’t get the quote format to work so I quoted you and deleted the text. I should have copied it and started over.

While it’s nice that i don’t have to spend extra 20 or 40 bucks for a long grind for a mog set… …and personal gripes with the cosmetic incentives aside, i genuinely think it’s pretty cool of you to give those who bought the Base version of the game, methodically speaking, a bone: that being, access to your 2nd biggest cosmetic option, that being the mog via by players who bought the Epic/Heroic version. :slight_smile:

…That said, it would’ve been nicer to tell us that bit of info from the very beginning before anybody bought anything WoW Shadowlands related. This piece of news way after that just makes you guys look …well… :money_mouth_face:

11 Likes

Oh, I thought maybe you were responding to my ticket solution. I only suggested that because you know most of these people who are complaining and especially the ones making legal noise wouldn’t go for the remove the mount and boost option and you get your $25 refunded.

I personally feel that legalese will not hold up in stricter regions, like the EU. If they were to file class action on false advertisement, blizzard would be found guilty and issuing refunds to players who just wanted the mog and not the mount. :woman_shrugging:

6 Likes

You would lose the boost too.

Great News to hear thank you @Kaivax. :heart: :blue_heart: = :purple_heart:

I’ve had the quest a month and a half almost and I’m still at 8/40, and thats with killing a ton of stuff every day.

They removed the guaranteed drops shortly after I got the quest. They have nerfed the drop rate THREE TIMES now.

3 Likes

Oh ffs people.

I bought the Epic version and if that gives me the ability to use my mount to grant someone who only bought the base version access to the mog quest then that’s great!

11 Likes

Pretty sure it’s refundable until the game actually comes out. I just might do that.

1 Like