2H frost. and its gone

Pretty sure the dev team knows what the mathematical issues are if they are in fact testing this out.

No one who has 2H as a dream really wants to hear you say how it can never work over and over based on hypothetical and opinionated math.

That’s all. I want 2H frost (fantasy right now) and you say it won’t work based on math from your fantasy of how it could work.

3 Likes

Why would they be testing it out? Frost is in a good place right now so there isnt a reason for them to be doing anything with 2h right now.

And you do not have to read the forums. Im not forcing you to do anything. Its also clear that you bunch have a severe failure to read.

Do you dispute that if weapon restrictions were lifted that either 2h would be missing 15% frost damage or a 15% strength proc buff? These things arent an opinion, its a fact. 2h is only 1 weapon while DW is 2, and the spec is balanced around having both of these runeforges.

Call it an opinion or hypothetical all you want, it only makes you wrong. Its neither because its one of the biggest differences between the 2 weapon sets have had since Wrath of the Lich King and why they had to make Might of the Frozen Wastes to try to bridge this gap that 2h lacked.

When did Blizz say it was ever going to be a thing again?

Not tracking they did, but DKs speculate very passionately.

They haven’t said it will or won’t, but it is something they “would like to do”

4 Likes

You cannot make this claim. You don’t know what people want. And the weapon choice IS the spec, so your second claim here is invalid.

We’ve already established with patch notes and citations that Threat of Thassarian first was added so players would actually use DW because it sucked so bad. And again, with citations, we showcased the countless buffs that DW got, while 2H stayed in a general homeostasis up until its removal in Legion. You just denied what you were seeing. We have those posts too.

Works CIted:

8 Likes

Not sure if maybe you have failed to read the numerous “bring back 2H frost” threads. But that is why they should be testing it, because so many people want it back.

Yes I 100% dispute this, because: wait for it…There is no 2H frost spec right now. That is why these forums posts are being made.

You are not playing this hypothetical 2h frost spec so how can you possibly claim anything as fact? So, your opinion on how much damage loss 2h will be in the spec that does not even exist right now is just that… an opinion.

I can do it too: “9.0 2H frost is a 30% damage increase over DW, not sure why anyone would bring DW frost DK’s to pugs when 2H is so much better”. Or, here is another: “9.0 2H and DW are so close in DPS numbers, it is really up to the player to choose what they like best”.

And again, I (and many others) want 2H and I would like the devs to try to make it work.

9 Likes

So just because something exists you cant, there is no ability, to investigate on if it did? That is so wrong I dont even know where to start.

You do understand the playstyle wouldnt be different than what we have in place right now. If weapon restrictions were lifted that would be it. We can also equip a 2h weapon and compare damage numbers between 2h and DW and they are almost identical. 266 weapons without versa and the difference was 15 damage.

So if they would be identical in damage output and playstyle, again going off of just lifting weapon restrictions, then we can know what the differences are. An extra rune for DW which it has always had, and KM procs, and then you have DW crit mechanics.

You cannot do it, because there is no evidence leading you to say that it would be a 30% increase over DW. DW has Razorice and Fallen Crusader. 2h only has Fallen Crusader, that means that DW has 15% more frost damage.

You are so wrong its hilarious. This is just more evidence that you 2h people have absolutely no clue what you are talking about. Its not even that hard and I find it very difficult that anyone cant understand it.

You’ve played this new 2h frost!? awesome! How is it?

Tell us more about how it plays! is it identical or just really close? Man I am so excited about 9.0 now!

Interesting, How did Blizzard manage to make up the difference in the new 2H spec?

Please, enlighten us with more details about the new spec! I can’t wait to give it a try in beta!

Obviously, you haven’t played a 2H frost spec destined for 9.0, so please stop claiming all these ‘facts’.

stay classy…

Again, I don’t need you to figure out how it won’t work, because you are not a dev. This is my hope (yet again):

4 Likes

You can quote mine me all you want to make me say whatever you want. So what? There are key words that you are either ignoring or dont know the definition of. Most does not mean all like you are making it seem.

No, the weapon choice is not the spec, its your personal preference. The spec is Frost which is built around DW. Dont like it? Tough.

It has already been established that Frost had Nerves of Cold Steel from launch. Or are you just leaving that entire thing out to make your argument look better?

You never showed that DW was continuously buffed, you showed abilities being buffed which were applied to both DW and 2h and anything prior to MoP your narrative that “frost strike is DW focus” doesnt actually hold up because it wasnt the focus.

You are just taking across the board buffs and nerfs and trying to make that fit your narrative.

You didnt provide any logs to support those claims when it was asked of you either did you. Not to mention Monkiy said you were wrong and went into how you were wrong so why arent you quoting that? Or does that also conflict with your narrative?

What you just quoted does nothing but show that abilities were buffed or nerfed. That means its a overall spec buff or nerf. Its really not that hard to understand.

I WISH dude… But it looks like it’ll never be so unless we both have the ignore function back, and can somehow let the devs hear us out and remove the weapon restrictions. Adding weapon restrictions was one of the worst things that ever came out of WoW, and part of why I hated Legion so much. The other reasons are another story of course, but one or more of them involves Frostmourne.

1 Like

Are you just going to troll? If so ill just flag and move on.

So, I think part of the issue is if they bring 2H Frost back, they either can’t delete DW Frost or they have to make 2H Frost artifact content. Otherwise, Legion becomes unplayable for Frost.

I’m sure they can work around it somehow if they want to.

1 Like

I wanna let DW stay of course, but I agree they need to work out something for Legion if 2h Frost returns. I think they can find a way around it though. But for now, I think loosening the artifact spec restrictions for both the artifacts themselves, and their tmogs could work temporarily. If not, I dunno. But I would like to talk about that a bit more if possible.

Go ahead and talk about it. This is the place.

2 Likes

They could certainly just leave it as is. Legion won’t even really be part of levelling in 9.0 anyway. Most people will be encouraged to start in BfA content. They of course will have the option to level via the expansion of their choice. If they do choose Legion, they could pursue artifact weapons (DW only), or use a 2H and just forget about the artifact weapons. Casters can do this already (2H staff vs MH/OH).

4 Likes

Yeah, this is a good point. Don’t need artifacts to level through Legion anymore.

2 Likes

I must say though, that mage tower was a really cool addition to the game. I loved working to get those weapon mogs that I really wanted.

They seem to have been really popular.

I only completed the UH challenge, and it felt like I did something great.

It would be nice if they made something like that again.

Maybe Torghast will have a bit of that magic.

2 Likes

Actually legion is a interesting point - how does Legion content work right now? As I recall Sindragosa"s Fury was a artifact power - so does it still exist and serve no purpose on TBoTFP?

1 Like