Water Strider Discussion

the CM speaks of classes being more “unique” that touch wast lost after we lost our artifacts or when the insane prunning of classes started to reach to a sad status like BFA classes… a water walking skill doesnt make a class “special” because only that… seems I finally found the reasoning behind why class design has been so bad for BFA.

2 Likes

Look I WORKED for my waterwalking, and I don’t want to have to pay just to get it back. Leave the strider alone like the sky golem. Let people who don’t have WW or don’t like the strider have the choice to put waterwalking on another mount.

This is just another poor design choice that is turning me off the game. Things I work for suddenly have no benift because of arbatray reasons from people who think they know better.

Unless you are going to give me ALL waterwalking equipmenet FOR FREE when I WANT it, this is a bad move because you’re already reducing the ways to earn in game gold. This game dose NOT need more gold sinks.

And I don’t mean just the one time pair of shoes I get for free. I mean EVERY SINGLE TIME I want waterwalking I get the equipment magically in my bag for free on ALL my alts who currently have acess to FREE waterwalking on my striders.

13 Likes

WE have all those option in game now. Now every time i want to switch it will cost me gold, every time, and per alt. New system i will have to repurchase what i already purchased for every alt, and every time i want to change.

How is this better? Taking away what i already earned and making me buy it again for every alt. It’s not better!

11 Likes

Congratulations Blizzard you’ve created another portal problem 2.0. You’re making irrational decisions no one asked for and you just left it the way things are you would make YOUR PLAYERS happy. But I guess what we want is just equivalent of pissing in the wind.

12 Likes

Talking about being irrational. This entire thread is freaking irrational.

Get. Over. It.

I can’t believe people are actually this mad about something about something so… freaking like - I can’t even describe this thread. This is beyond bonkers. You all need therapy and I feel sorry for any game Developer who has to read this thread and respond.

You guys are literally children. You behave like children.

2 Likes

I will check but my personal opinion from my play experience is that the water strider ability is just much stronger than the sky golem herbing. We nerfed the water strider once and if we leave it with the ability there then it’s more in the line of getting everything and less of making a choice for what you want. We want there to be a choice based on your play and interests. If herbing on the run provides too strong of a benefit then there might need to be changes there but currently I don’t think that’s the case.

3 Likes

Ok so you are saying that having the option to make any mount water walk would be great and it would enhance some more classes like DK as you state.

But here is the issue and why so many of us are upset – you are forcing players to choose a new mount equipment item, not giving them the option. That is not fair!

When you introduce items to enhance something in the game, you do so for all players, new and old. You are not touching the Sky Golem, as you have already said it will not be affected by the equipped mount equipment. So you can leave one mount alone, why can’t you leave two mounts alone? Don’t take away the water strider ability and allow for other mounts to be given the option.

For older players who worked through the rep grind for the water strider mount, to see you leave one mount untouched and this one nerfed is a slap to their faces. They spent time and money for the mount that came with this ability. It didn’t say “temporary water walking, until we choose to remove it”. Come on Blizzard you know better than this!

As for cosmetic and aesthetic look about the mount – seriously who cares! There are many mounts in this game that are hideous but this one is practical and we all earned it for its ability. I for one also earned the one from the garrison and I spent hours fishing up the lurkers. Now you are asking me to accept this change you propose without me being upset … sorry but I am upset!

So if you can leave the Sky Golem alone, you can reverse this decision and also leave the water striders alone. If you dont, you will be disappointing and angering your player base, not to mention you will lose long term players who have been patient and understanding of the changes to help new players in the game, but will not tolerate something like this.

This is bad business Blizzard and you know it. Let Activision know this too. Please kindly reverse the decision to make the water strider ability obsolete. You need to classify these mounts like you do the Sky Golem.

Thank you!

23 Likes

Really than how else is their player base suppose to be heard? If we remain silent than we give them the opportunity to simply walk all over us and just let them continue with their ideas. Want to remain a puppet by all means remain quiet or else Move. Along

6 Likes

Dude - out of all the problems with this expansion… this is the fight you wanna pick? Allowing people to use their favorite mount instead of forcing players to use a bug?

Good job. This is the hill you wanted to die on.

This shouldn’t even be a problem.

2 Likes

It is very sad really they are driving players off to ESO or FF. I am leaning toward ESO as it is something new but FF reminds me of Lineage 2 in many ways the systems are designed over there.

3 Likes

A lot of problems with this expansion but this is a problem Blizzard created with their inane idea of altering a mount specifically used for water walking that other classes do not have access to an ability that allows them to water walk Ex Death Knights, shamans.

3 Likes

Out of all the problems with this expansion, THIS is what the dev team prioritized to work on?

Your ire is focused at the wrong target. You should be calling out the devs for creating new systems to “fix” what isn’t broken when their focus should be on fixing the actual problems with the game.

22 Likes

So only one problem at a time? You may be right, for Blizzard is a small indie company, unable to properly compete in today’s hectic MMO market.
/sarc off
It IS a problem and, once again, Blizzard is the one who has made it so.
now calm down and have some tea.
Flips hair and sips his own calming afternoon tea.

8 Likes

I really don’t get the deal here. So what if it’s a much used mount. It took time and effort to get it and this expansion makes good use of it. It’s only right that the people who have it would use it as often as they want. I’m sure you use whatever mount you want and nobody complains. What others do shouldn’t affect anyone else.

10 Likes

Speechless, shame on you and shame on blizzard never listening to their community.

No wonder why we are bleeding subs.

11 Likes

So where you this upset when people could cheese the reputation with time walking tokens? Cause the Water Strider really isnt prestigious or hard to get any more.

In addition I believe you’ve been misinformed about some things.

1.) You’ll receive a free pair of the equipment that has the water walking benefit in the mail, if you owned a water walking mount. Come 8.2 you log in and bam.

2.) The reason it’s being taken away from Water Strider is to make a system (mounts) about which mount you enjoy the most using, as opposed to the “Best” or “Correct” mount. If the water strider retained the Waterwalking effect AND gained an equipment slot, we haven’t solved any problems. We’ve just made the “correct” mount choice better.

3.) If you have qualms about the sky golem, speak yo about it. Theres no reason a gathering type equipment slot couldn’t be created and bought in line with other mounts.

Why not just leave the strider with water walking and then have the inflatable boots as well? You don’t want to waste gold on water walking then use the strider, want to use another mount then use the boots.

It’s not like this point won’t become relatively moot once we get flying.

7 Likes

I think it will be and it will cost us thousands for gold every new expansion to repurchase it. And if we want to fly in BFA, thousands of gold, want to Fly in legion, Thousands of gold. wan to fly on BFA again thousands more.

2 Likes

You guys seem to be trying really hard to remove any amount of flavor and unique character that this game has?

25 Likes

This would be solved if they just left the water strider with its unique ability to water walk and not have an equipment slot. Same fate as the sky golem has.

18 Likes