Coming Later This Year: Shadowlands Season 4

Why not add good dungeons like Freehold and Underrot instead?

15 Likes

As a m+ player I really like the idea of bringing back old content and making it relevant again. Not quite sure about the selection of dungeons as they’re not my favorites and from what I remember some of these weren’t exactly popular, but if there will be more seasons like this then I guess we’ll eventually get to more of the dungeons I like. Voting is a good idea.

I hope seasons are shorter if you go with this idea so we have variety more often, bringing back a selection of old dungeons every few months. This is how the game should be going forward, not just throw all the content you made away every new season, there’s a massive backlog of good content waiting to be utilized like this.

Of course, as long as there’s also new content added just as regularly on top of revamping old content. I like that you are trying something different here.

Only issue I guess is I worry this means 10.0 is very far away if there’s still another season left of Shadowlands and it doesn’t start till end of this year, unluck.

6 Likes

Can’t even begin to express how bad the idea of Raid+ is. More dungeons to the M+ pool is nice, but keep the trash affix system out of raids. Also, who is asking to redo raids we already spent 6+ months doing? Terrible waste of time and resources. Just get the next expack out as fast as possible so we can get out of this terrible expansion.

25 Likes

So instead of new raids, we now get recycled old raids with an affix.

This is the biggest steaming pile of garbage you’ve ever served up in 17 years, Blizzard.

30 Likes

Okay yeah, agree with this haha. Especially as I already got rid of my dom socket gear… xD

3 Likes

As an addendum:
There will be no Hall of Fame for Season 4. We’re not looking to position this as a competitive event.

24 Likes

u thought u were done farming mythic sylvanas for edge of nights?

HAHAHAHAAHAHA THINK AGAIN

ps: i hate this so much

21 Likes

Please don’t make me play SoD ever again. That raid is Not Good and making it required as part of a new raid tier legit makes me want to unsub. I cannot do sylvanas for stupid daggers and bows for another raid tier please god no

13 Likes

So a few preliminary thoughts after my guilds initial reaction.

1.) A season like this for m+ is what we’ve been asking for for a long time now. Being able to do old content while having it be relevant to the current xpac breathes new life into the old world which has always been what the developer team wants, for their creations to matter to players.

2.) Eternal gladiator is a banger title

3.) Having all 3 raids incorporated into this will prompt people to want to clear all 3 every week for gear which honestly is way too much content weirdly enough. Part of the challenge with this revamping is that old gear will be very powerful when pumped up to new item levels. I’d love to see alternate rewards to gear so that it still promotes doing m+/pvp/raid but doesn’t feel like you’re getting screwed if ilvl 300 jaithys or veinripper just doesn’t drop for you.

4.) Examples of these rewards can be mirrored from the newer rewards put in over the last couple seasons. New meta achieves for raids awarding different mog recolors, mounts, titles. Personally I’d love to see new takes on class/spec mogs from the new KSM rank or even hero rank, maybe a sick class weapon mog ie: Shadowlands take on the legion artifact skins

5.) Please please please keep doing stuff like this. It won’t be perfect the first time almost guaranteed but we love experiments like this!

20 Likes

I’m kind of blown away that people are voting for two of the more annoying dungeons to be granted Mythic+ affixes. Do you people not realize how miserable it was running Grimrail Depot and revamped UBRS back in the day?

I feel like Iron Docks HAS to be one of the dungeons chosen.

9 Likes

This sounds AMAZING. The only thing I don’t like is that we only get 2 wod dungeons. I want to see so many more.

adding in a little edit: can this be a seperate keystone too like legion timewalking was? since this is a for fun season I would still kind of like to do some of this xpacs dungeons I like, maybe I won’t mind when it comes to it, but only doing mega dungeons+the 2 wod ones for multiple months might be draining on me especially since theoretically we only get “5” dungeons with the theme of 6 of them being 3 dungeons. im unsure though. almost wish it was just 8 voted for dungeons with 2 from each xpac.

5 Likes

feels like 2024 at this point

6 Likes

I think it’s obvious we weren’t getting a new raid or anything, all attention is practically on 10.0. These ideas it reads like, a test for something they want to do moving forward and I personally like it. This game needs a shake up. Not the same old song and dance constantly…

9 Likes

Then it won’t have competitive level loot right?

5 Likes

True I’m just ocd lol had to get em over with.

3 Likes

Why are people even talking about “having to clear all raid boss tiers for loot”?

There is no competition with this set-up. The is clearly a move to give the players-base challenging content to do while they get the next expac ready. Raid whatever raid you want to. This is a huge step in the right direction. What comes next? Running old raids, scaled up with affixes? That would be amazing! I would LOVE to do some Wrath raids at current levels with new affixes.

Stop being so negative and closed-minded, guys. The potential for this is huge.

12 Likes

Seasons usually last 25-30 weeks.

If they’re doing Season 4 that literally means we’re not getting an expansion this year…

Or maybe they’re working on WoW 2.0 on a modern engine.

Either way I will be seriously hard pressed to continue playing the current expansion by the end of Season 3. I’m bored out of my mind and hardly logging on by then.

3 Likes

…I don’t even do M+, and I know those are the most despised M+s of those expansions.

Why?

40 Likes

if it was part of a .5 patch yes.

as a season long new content drought? lol no thanks

9 Likes

I don’t even do Mythic raids so Mythic plus raids is no bueno for me

11 Likes