Coming Later This Year: Shadowlands Season 4

True I’m just ocd lol had to get em over with.

3 Likes

Why are people even talking about “having to clear all raid boss tiers for loot”?

There is no competition with this set-up. The is clearly a move to give the players-base challenging content to do while they get the next expac ready. Raid whatever raid you want to. This is a huge step in the right direction. What comes next? Running old raids, scaled up with affixes? That would be amazing! I would LOVE to do some Wrath raids at current levels with new affixes.

Stop being so negative and closed-minded, guys. The potential for this is huge.

12 Likes

Seasons usually last 25-30 weeks.

If they’re doing Season 4 that literally means we’re not getting an expansion this year…

Or maybe they’re working on WoW 2.0 on a modern engine.

Either way I will be seriously hard pressed to continue playing the current expansion by the end of Season 3. I’m bored out of my mind and hardly logging on by then.

3 Likes

…I don’t even do M+, and I know those are the most despised M+s of those expansions.

Why?

40 Likes

if it was part of a .5 patch yes.

as a season long new content drought? lol no thanks

9 Likes

I don’t even do Mythic raids so Mythic plus raids is no bueno for me

11 Likes

BY THE LIGHT

this is honestly a huge improvement on your guys’ community outreach/interaction, Letting the players get involved in making decisions, making it seem like you care about our opinion somewhat, even if it is something as relatively small as “which dungeons from WoD did you like?”

more stuff like this should happen. Even if it’s for smaller decisions.

10 Likes

I’m not a fan of that dungeon pool. :neutral_face:

12 Likes

Will be raids pugueable? Otherwise it would not make sense

3 Likes

I know a number of rogues that will be very unhappy. I’m not looking forward to reclearing already cleared content that just has another difficulty mechanic tacked on for negligible rewards to be taken away shortly by the next prepatch.

This sounds tedious and an obvious grab at retaining engagement while they do the next expansion. I get the business drive for this. What I don’t get is why they couldn’t do that with newer content. Yes, I understand the work involved; It seems to show effort an interest in engagement rather than this claptrap we’ve already done.

9 Likes

Ain’t no brakes on the hype train!

3 Likes

How sad. I can’t believe people are excited for this.

20 Likes

PLEASE do not add Dom Socket Gear ONTOP of Tier.

Please do not RETURN Dom Socket gear.

16 Likes

blizz what on earth is this dungeon pool??? those are the least enjoyable dungeons! m+ is my fav part of the game, but this is not something i will want to participate in. maybe ADD them to the current dungeon pool, but don’t take away the current dungeons!! love what you did with legion timewalking, just do something like that. don’t nuke the current system

9 Likes

I’m more concerned Grimrail is winning.

That dungeons does nothing but give me massive motion sickness. That was a major complaint during WoD, and the complaint resurfaced when they added it to TWing.

13 Likes

this absolutely rocks, i would prefer different dungeons in the rotation tbh but the general idea of S4 here sounds amazing including the raid affixes, i would LOVE to revisit CN after a year away
obviously this means 10.0 is quite a ways away but this should soften the blow and be genuinely very fun

5 Likes

they obviously dont realize that a season is a minimum of 2 or 3 months and this brings no new content

its similar to those people who got baited into buying 6 month subs and later complained about no new content

they’ll realize but it will be too late

6 Likes

This sounds like fun, but I don’t foresee my guild running 3 raids per week. Still looking forward to it.

3 Likes

If items from SoD will be upscaled, what will be happening to the Shards of Domination?? It cannot be used with the tier set from SFO.

4 Likes

Thats good to hear, still worried about overall difficulty tuning. It can be fun to go into old Mythic raids and take 10-20 pulls on some bosses and get some loot. But redoing old raids with new mechanics that are tuned to be 100-200+ pull bosses, and having so many of them can be unfun since especially both Nathria and SoD were out for so long with no new content, we have done those raids so many times already. I know we are not forced to go in there but some people will want gear from them so it will put a lot of stress on guilds to make a decision on whether to spend hours progressing old fights with a twist or not.

4 Likes