New expansion and alpha testors

Early torghast was pretty fun, I don’t think a lot of these anti-streamer whiners realize how different it was when it was being praised.

2 Likes

I was watching a lot of the earlier runs of it and it looked incredible. I believe this was before they shoved in legendary materials, so it was just a fun side game with crazy powers and some of the areas even looked a little different than any I’ve seen that made it.

Plus there were a lot more powers but they were worried people would feel weak after leaving it, right? Like one that stood out was infinite blink but you couldn’t move normally, and my friend was super excited for that one. Never saw it live.

1 Like

Its almost as if they are not giving genuine reviews and maybe just switch up to hatebaiting to get clicks once the attention starts to die.

1 Like

They don’t try to sabotage themselves, they just listen to the wrong people.

End-of-run loot was removed from Torghast because they took the time limit out. They took the time limit out because tons of people complained that they wanted to Bloodlust on every trash pack and take 6 hours for every Torghast run, and how DARE Blizzard design it to prevent them from doing so.

1 Like

The differences were over-stated, I played Torghast in alpha and it was pretty much the same as it was on launch. (And just as boring.)

:+1:

This is true. But I’d argue that listening to those people is sabotaging themselves since they keep sticking their hand on the stove over and over even though they keep getting burned. I don’t know how Blizzard can consistently take bad advice and not realize who they’re listening to is not worth listening to.

I’ve seen Blizzard repeatedly make changes that mesh with feedback from the likes of Asmongold, Bellular, Preach, etc, when those guys do NOT know what they’re talking about. They just don’t. Content creators are a kind of hate mob at this point and their feedback is meant to rustle jimmies and rile up the crowd, not be legitimate directions to take the game.

I still see Blizzard doing it. Blizzard listening to Asmongold’s “make all raids relevant” thing is going to be a disaster if they push forward with this in 10.0 and 10.1. You can say people did old raids in WOTLK, but WOTLK didn’t have AOTC/CE. Nobody wants to slum it in old raids when they could be progging new raids, and newer content is simply much more challenging than content was back in the day.

As I said in the season 4 announcement thread:

So did I, and I couldn’t disagree more. I question your honesty.

I hope I’m one of these that actually get in this time! Could’ve saved a lot of money if I had alpha for Shadowlands.

You should read the tester forums when they go up. You will see lots of information on bugs and game play that needs to be addressed that make it to live.

1 Like

Plenty of them

Except it still free publicity. They’ll definitely do it

That’s… literally my entire post. Saying that.

They only listen to each other and to the voices in their heads.

then they put it back in for flawless runs and that was the best thing they ever did :rofl:

weird how these same complainers were doing the exact same thing with horrific visions when you did a 5 mask and get 470 gear

but yea its general discussions fault for whining about a timer

Jokes on you, they are already Alpha testing but everyone involved had to sign NDA.

Imagine if this were true.

1 Like

Probably a lot, or all of them. It would make sense. Blizz don’t approach it from a vindictive, “How dare you speak ill of us!”, angle. It’s a lot of free publicity for the game.
Plus these people obviously already harsh critics. If blizz are sincere about being more receptive to community feedback during alpha and beta then this is a good way to get a lot of feedback.

Suppose they give access to someone like Preacher, and he has such a great time with the game that he decides to come back to it. That would be a cracker of a headline for blizz.

all of them obviously, they want coverage and the streamers/content creators need content.

Alpha/beta testers are the elite of the elite so yeah we are always invited to the party, Even 50 cent is invited.

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

Lets just say I would be extremely surprised if either Preach or Asmon got Alpha invites (and they probably would be too) due to the extreme level of dislike they have broadcast over WoW this expansion.

I mean thats not to say we dont shower it with dislike too, but they do it on their streams and to a very large external audience which would effectively damage Blizzrd’s potential income from player subs. I just cant see them getting invited; its more likely to be a small number of external people and a larger body of internal testers for Alpha. Beta invites will go out to people across the board as usual.