Returning To A Covenant You Left

When you leave a Covenant, they assign betrayer status to you. Returning to that Covenant is possible, but you have to take extra steps to regain their full trust.

Nonetheless, the Covenants are now coming together to fight a great threat, and there’s an upcoming new season, and they’re temporarily feeling more compatible with those who previously left their sanctums.

Considering all of the recent balance changes and new rewards like Covenant mounts, we’re creating a hotfix that will reset the betrayer status for all players who previously left any Covenants. This will be one-time renovation to your relationship with your old Covenant intended to make it easier for you to return and pick back up where you left off with them.

We expect the hotfix to go live in the next couple of days.

36 Likes

So basically… You reset the penalties of leaving one’s covenant.

Nice but… Eh…

My Rogue left the Kyrian Covenant for a reason: you made Echoing Reprimand trash and Flagellation good, anything before 9.0.5 was other way around.

Why can’t they reset for every balance patch cycle?

39 Likes

I hope the covenants unite! That would be really cute. And then you can use whatever ability you like the most without making your OG covenant feel bad.

PS thanks for talking more on the forums! I see you posting more and I appreciate it.

43 Likes

This is good. I want to go back to the Venthyr on my mage so I can play Frost.

3 Likes

so i goofed up and left the venthyr for the necro lords the regaining our trust turned in at the start of chains of domination at renown lvl 40 with venthyr and 42 with lords when i move back with ventyr will i keep the renown 42 or will i need to get the renown again.

Could you also give us dummies in Oribos to test Cov abilities even after you hit 60? I want to decide between Venthyr or Necro, but it’s hard because you can’t test them much.

UH Nova is pretty good but isn’t great for Shadow, and even worse for Disc. Mindgames is versatile, but only good in Raid.

I also have to decide between Fleshcraft and Door of Shadows. Much needed survivability or much needed movement?

13 Likes

The ripcord got slightly tugged.

49 Likes

Or just give players what they freaking want and let us switch covenants at the desk in Oribos?

I would love to be Kyrian when I PVP but NOT KYRIAN when I am not pvping. Why does everything have to be tedious? Just own up and let us swap freely. I shouldn’t need 4 characters to see the entire leveling story.

76 Likes

Can you just remove the whole betrayer thing? its not fun to have to switch every patch cause of changes :roll_eyes:

26 Likes

This is something I’ve been asking for since it was clear we’d be seeing covenant buffs/nerfs every patch cycle, so I’m happy to see it!

I already did the 1 step to change covenant, what would happen in that case?

1 Like

Can’t you just paste the 9 remaining Soulbinds so we have 12 Soulbind Covenants and swappable spells?

pUlL tHe RiPcOrD

6 Likes

Thanks for doing the bare minimum to deal with a self-imposed problem of a system nobody asked for.

105 Likes

Should have never been a thing in the first place.

Bingo.

26 Likes

oh my god just pull the ripcord

technology isnt there to pull the ripcord but as a one time gesture you’ll let us swap with no punishment? oookay

56 Likes

What do we do if we already picked up the quest to go back to the covenant we were previous? I don’t believe we can drop the quest will be automatically be assigned to the covenant of our choice? Also, what about the fact that we did our weekly and reservoir quest already will we lose the 2 weekly renown and be behind until catch up?

There really needs to be better processes around these types of things.

1 Like

We see that there is a problem with people wanting to follow the best covenant so we’re going to kinda… pull it

2 Likes

WoW Players: Please stop punching me in the face!

Blizzard: Ok, I hear what your saying, and I’ll punch you in the SIDE of your face for a while, then go back to punching you square in the face.

WoW Players: Thats… not what we wanted at all.

White Knights: How DARE you, THEY ADJUSTED THEIR GRAND VISION TO MEET YOUR NEEDS! YOU SHOULD BE GRATEFUL FOR THAT!!!

37 Likes

You know the system is complete dog crap when you’ve got players set with one covenant but have already went through the process of joining another just waiting for the inevitable tuning passes.

1 Like