With everything about to slow down can we get that ripcord now?

Like just removing the betrayer status would be good news which is pretty desperately needed if wow is to bounce back, more would be nice but my expectations are pretty low. While I’m at it can we get:

1. Seriously remove the betrayer status the covenants obviously don’t care and seem to just want us to collect devourer hides and play flappy kyrian for some reason rather then save the shadowlands with their support.
  2. An option to skip the maw during leveling, I don’t care if the xp is good if I have to wait for Jaina to make a ice sculptures as visual aids again so help me…
  3. An option to do torghast for xp while leveling, I just want the option it worked ok with islands and islands were basically worse torghast with better rewards.
  4. boa renown tokens that can be bought with anima in the range of somewhere between (250-400 anima=1 renown capping at cap if you must) Can be stockpiled can’t be used past cap, use it to swap covenants fast, use it to make an alt, easy.
  5. Boa legendary recipe tokens that can be bought with anima so new alts don’t have to be randomly timegated by various unlock points, mainly torghast and weekly bosses. Its tedious not hard, and the game would be improved by having a bypass to this particular system. Just copy the item that already does it without the rep requirement and make it boa.
  6. An option to get your soulbinds without doing the covenant campaign. Pretty please.
  7. Boa conduit tokens that can be bought with anima or honor that go up to 226 at a rate of 100 anima and 250 honor, its cheap because you need 1000 or so of them to go from 145 to 226 on every conduit because lol design.
  8. Conduit energy scrapped…
  9. Replace some of the gold dense grey item rewards from various cache with a similarly gold dense stack of orboreal shards to encourage more crafting. And/or add a resource to orboreal shard pipeline with the weekly vendor and anima so that people can catch up on crafting easier. This makes legendaries cheaper to make ie cheaper to sell at a profit which is good because cheap legendaries means alts are more accessible which is generally a good thing for players.

Feel free to add your major complaints or requests too, these ones are mine because I like my alts limited by gear, not my tolerance for the covenant campaign. I know a few of these things shouldn’t be hard to slap together, they already made a hotfix for removing betrayer once, and the ptr had a renown catchup item eventually made so people could test renown things. Hell the ptr even had a special npc for bypassing the covenant betrayal system. It wouldn’t be hard to bypass conduit energy if they gave us something that refreshed it even if removing the bar itself might take extra time or something.

6 Likes

To be honest I’m done giving them my feedback. My major concern was that idea after idea of theirs is just bad and poorly executed, and it’s long since been clear my feedback just never gets anywhere until maybe the end of the expansion.

9 Likes

I figure its worth a try at this point, they are in desperate need for good news right now so we might get something. I have little faith that it will actually happen though. And overall most of their ideas from bfa to legion had potential, its just that they keep squandering it with inane boring grinds. Azerite powers enabled some fun builds, but the pieces themselves were a huge limiting factor and were only attainable through rng despite actively changing gameplay in a big way, this was a solvable issue but they never did it. Same for shadowlands I actually like the variety of builds I can theoretically make, I just don’t make them because we’re super limited for no real reason.

Either way I’ve spent a fair bit of time on this game might as well throw the feedback while I still can as my subscription has more to do with my in game community more then anything else, if blizzard chases them off I too will be chased off.

I used to have your optimism about the game.

The rng and inane boring grinds are clearly by design at this point. The game is exactly how they planned it to be.

The issue, imo, is they are trying to use the wow fan base of old with mobile-gaming strategy, and the two types of gamers and playstyles just don’t gel. Mobile gaming makes insane amounts of money though, and I don’t suspect they will steer from this course.

3 Likes

I don’t disagree, its been obvious for a while there is a priority on time metrics and its pretty tiresome knowing that its unlikely that it will change. At the same time I’d say its more pessimism then anything else that prompted my post, after all as you said and I agree many of these systems are bad by design, but I’d like to believe that things have finally gotten so bad there might be a move or two in desperation to cheaply placate us. Like valor for instance.

I’m not sure what internally is stopping them from making good systems, but maybe the cause is currently in hot water! And if not I’ll just raid with my guild and move on when they do. I’ve complained about shadowlands systems for so long that I don’t even have to think too hard to make a list of things I’d want changed so its no skin off my nose.

I think the thing stopping them from making good systems is they design the systems around their goals vs designing them around what they think will be fun to play. The conduit energy system introduction in the beta is one recent example.

In beta, conduits were destroyed when consumed, so if you changed your conduit in your soulbind slot, you would no longer have access to that conduit anymore and would need to re-farm it. So hypothetically this was leading to having a bunch of backup conduits in your bags, or just never changing your conduits per soulbind.

In Ion’s interview with Preach, Ion acknowledged that they heard the player feedback and would be making a change, which is when they introduced the conduit energy system instead.

The obvious best solution to the problem is obviously to have just made conduits learnable and that’s that, but instead they added this new arbitrary gating system in place of the original terrible concept.

Every move they make is just to take as much of your time as possible. I’m done waiting for them to come around, they have their feet planted right where they intend to stand.

3 Likes

Fair enough, I got the impression from late bfa’s corruption/essence vendors that there is an ear that is listening and maybe even understanding the problems, but somewhere in the process something comes in with the time metric monkey’s paw and makes it worse. Its the only way I can logic the mindset behind the rotating corruption vendor. I think basically every system that they’ve introduced since legion has come in with obvious design flaws that a layman could see coming, and at this point its probably intentional. A broken clock is wrong twice a day, but blizzard just can’t get it right the first time so they are probably trying. That being the case I do think its possible the issues with these systems could be resolved with the right push, as most of these issues smell like greed, and fortunately blizzard is currently being punished pretty hard for that.

Honestly this.

I spent most of BFA posting about very obvious problems about the systems that could be remedied by a quick fix

1. Trading Azerite armor / reforging it (later added)
  2. Account bound essences (much later added)
  3. Corruption vendor (added later)

I’ve spent almost a year now banging the account bound essence drum and at this point with conduit energy being a thing (still), them doubling down on RNG Conduit upgrades (again) and the ripcord not being pulled i’m just exhausted.

It shouldn’t be this hard to enjoy a game.

3 Likes

The corruption vendor was another conduit energy-esque “feedback driven” addition to the game, added only with months left of the expansion. Instead of just adding a vendor with all the corruptions from the start, they settled on adding a vendor eventually with a rotation of powers available. The rotation meant weeks of waiting for your powers to become available, in many instances. Combine that with the limited vessels and it was just another half baked implementation to keep people playing till SL was released.

Not to mention your cloak grind and essences, which was a whole other waiting period to get caught up, just to play an alt for the end of a tier.

There was never a ripcord. Not really.

Except they already allowed us to be forgiven once from being a betrayer so that was also a hilariously inconsistent reply and obvious lie.

2 Likes

The hotfix that removes betrayal once is literally a ripcord. They could easily use just that to make a ripcord.

3 Likes

Yup I think the concept for a corruption vendor was good, but it took far too long to implement, and when they did they couldn’t resist making it needlessly bad by giving it a month long cycle. The cloak actually wasn’t bad since horrific visions for me at least were a fun alt game of “how low of an ilvl do I need to be to get 3 heroic pieces a week”. To an extent I kinda wish torghast gave real loot because I liked that solo content gear.

Visions and Torghast would have been greatly improved if they were just for cosmetics imo. Once you tie things like that to player power you lose my interest.

It’s like they saw how popular the mage tower was and they were like “How can we do this but ruin it?”

1 Like

Sorry, but we don’t get the “ok guess we should have listened to feedback maybe this system was a mistake after all” until the final patch.

2 Likes

I’d argue its fine as long as its not unique player power. Visions being required for the cloak and sockets was probably a bad point of the system but if they gave normal-heroic gear with unique mog I don’t think it would be egregious. Same for torghast though they’d probably have to implement some optional challenge to justify loot.

That generally is the problem with most bis type things. Something is uniquely strong but only attainable from one form of content despite being bis for another. Its always annoying when a pvp trinket is pve bis or something like benthic gear exists.

I thought we were on the final patch tho.

The way the news keeps rolling out gurrrl…lol

I shall keep my list of complaints free from your list of requests than you very much!!

Besides, why would you seek my complaints? I don’t seek yours. Not my complaint not my problem how Clawtopsy rolls. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Well the more you complain the more people see my requests! Its mutually beneficial. Also I figure people have more complaints these days.

1 Like