#PullTheRipcord

Joining another Covenant is BeTraYaL and goes against muh meaningful choices!

Literally the first thing that happens in 9.1 is a four Covenant defense of Ardenweald.

lmao

3 Likes

Playing through the content is crazy, the story guys clearly pulled the ripcord and the gameplay guys didnt get the memo.

7 Likes

“There is no ripcord.”

1 Like

HAHAHAHAHA LMAO

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

HAHAHA THE TECHNOLOGY ISNT THERE GUYS TO PULL THE RIPCORD BUT WE’RE GONNA TEMPORARILY MAKE IT SO YOU CAN SWAP WITH NO PENALTY HAHAHAHAHAWHSDHASKDASHDAKHDAKSHFKSDAFGHKASDFHKASDREGKH

19 Likes

Baiting with a temporary ripcord.

Ffs just pull the ripcord.

4 Likes

So the choices AREN’T meaningful anymore??!

GASP!

2 Likes

Are you okay? Meds time.

My meaningful choices!!!

8 Likes

I honestly don’t remember them saying the technology wasn’t there. Isn’t that the whole point of this thread? That they admitted to having the ability to do it hence “pull the ripcord”.

They backtracked and said they couldn’t do it after all.

1 Like

There has been a decent amount of talk in this thread about how a big reason that having friction when changing covenants is bad is because balance changes will alter the conditions that some players were basing their choice on. So now that a patch has come out and Blizzard made significant balance changes they decided to alleviate the friction such that people can make their choice again. That seems really logical and reasonable. :woman_shrugging:

Over the last month leading up to 9.1, my M+ group cleared our 16s in every dungeon, and even tried our hand at 17. And as we did so, pushing harder and harder past the limits of ilevel upgrading, the more and more bitterly I felt just how trash my Covenant’s class ability really is for my spec.

And now, with the release of 9.1, the new soulbind expansions have boosted every other Covenant even higher above mine.

I did what all the Covenant supporters said I should do: I chose my Covenant based on story and theme over power, and the more time goes on, the worse that choice pans out.

8 Likes

Well there’s your problem.

You listened to a bunch of people whose primary defining trait in WoW is their dislike of people who actually know how to play the game.

8 Likes

To this day, the WoTLK talent system gave players the most actual versatility with their class to play the game they wanted to. Hybrids could actually be hybrids. Pumpers could actually be pumpers. And you could go with a new build whenever you wanted, plus it served as a gold sink.

12 Million people played in Wrath.

What happened?

They fixed what was not broken.

6 Likes

I swear it’s just contempt. Everything they do is just mired in it. People complain about needing to regrind multiple legendaries and their response is: “Fine. Ugh. You can grind soul ash endlessly. You idiots only gonna get 180 a run though. Idiots. Run 29 wings to get a legendary. And I hope you choke on it.”

6 Likes

I love how people parroted “Oh you can infinitely farm it now” and this is what they gave us LOL…

The ripcord at this point would not save how uncompelling it is to play this expansion…and I thought BFA was bland.

4 Likes

I’m not sure what this is about. Kyrians are my people and I’ll never change.

When i see the devs talking about meaningful choices and all their philosophies with the game i just cringe thinking how much they see themselves as great visionary game designers

[taps his shoulders] yeah yeah ion you’re the kojima of the mmos

6 Likes