Returning To A Covenant You Left

So I read at this post

Returning To A Covenant You Left

That we could leave our covenant in a couple of days “this was 10 days ago they wrote this as an official blue post”

I told myself… I should probably wait even though it says a couple days which is 2 days, not 2 weeks or a week or a month… a couple days is normally 2. I wait 10 days. I switch covenant and get betrayer.

I re-read the post that says I can do this without getting betrayer. I see no time limit to do so. I see nothing saying its delayed on this official blue post. I have raids and pvp stuff coming up so I’m like ok…this is a 1 reset at minimum process. Ill submit a ticket… their response to the ticket is below…

-=====================================

Well Met Survìvalist! This is Game Master Nuvradant.

Thanks for contacting me, I understand that you would like to go back to the Venthyr, but have to do the Betrayer quests. I’ll be happy to look into this for you.

I’ve looked over this and the forum post. and see that the update has not shown up in-game yet, but will soon. I understand it was vague and didn’t provide an accurate time-frame, however Customer Support has no further details at this moment.

I’m sorry to say that customer support is not able to switch Covenants or remove the quest requirements.

Please keep an eye out on the forums for an update and feel free to post any feedback: https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/

Thank you for your time and patience. Have an Epic day.

This is just one of many reasons why people leave this game. I am so annoyed by this. The whole betrayer thing is stupid anyway considering the way the story is going. The only reason I tried to switch covenants was to try one out based on a few things they “changed” and wanted to test it out. Now I’m screwed thinking I had a safety measure in place.

Why do you say that?

If it’s a reason that you’re going to leave, then that’s certainly up to you. But people come and go from the game all the time and for a plethora of reasons.

As to your issue, a GM isn’t going to even have the tools to fix your issue I’d imagine. They can only do what the developers allow them access to at the end of the day.

3 Likes

GM’s have removed, restarted and done things like this for quest requirements before when they break etc. Though its been a long -very long- time since I had an issue like this.

GMs have only done that in extremely rare situation and only when the developers have given them the “ok” to do so.

But this is different, this isn’t just a quest, it’s a link to a covenant. There are currently in-game processes to allow you to switch between covenants and if the new option isn’t in-game yet, then it’s simply not there.

3 Likes

meh I hit the delete button, but over the course of the game since wrath, I had a few instances where GM’s have corrected something like this so it isn’t -that- rare. I just expect the people who say something to stick to it. Or at the very least tell us -its delayed- instead of making us test the waters on our own with no real information other then them saying hey you can do this in a couple days. That’s all.

If I’m correctly understanding what you did, it sounds like you misunderstood the blue post and waited to leave your main covenant until after the hotfix? In order for it to take effect, it sounds like you would’ve needed to leave the main covenant you wanted to switch back to prior to the hotfix going live so then they’d reset your betrayer status and you could easily switch back.

I read the post as a couple of days, -since they put no more information in it at all-. It was hey we expect in a couple of days you can do this. I waited for 10, saw nothing saying don’t it’s not in, or it’s taking longer, or an exact date. I went with a couple as in 2 days. I Waited 10, tried it, stuck with betrayer.

The GM even said I understand it was vague and didn’t provide an accurate time-frame. So I feel like they just didnt provide the right information or at least accurate information because they never said anything else in the post and left it as a couple days which after waiting 10 days I figured it was safe, they said nothing else.

According the the GM response the hotfix hasn’t went into effect but they didn’t tell us that in the post.

I definitely understand it’s confusing, I had to read it a couple times to be sure. Here’s where they say it’s for those who previously left covenants, not those leaving in the future. So doing it as soon as the fix was announced would’ve been suitable in this case.

3 Likes