Are they adding the Over 4 hours of reforged cutscenes they advertised?

Well I think we can all agree that the quality of Blizzard games has been on the downturn for a while now. The last quality expac for WoW was Legion, and even then it was coming off the heels of what was until BFA the worse expac.

And even then other games like Heroes of the Storm, Overwatch, and Hearthstone are barely disguised money grabs in which they don’t even need to invest in writing. So the last real quality game built from the ground up with an invested story was probably Diablo 3.

Let’s face it everyone Blizzard Activision is more interested in making money than producing anything of quality. If Blizzard actually reads these they should have paid attention to what Shigeru Miyamoto said, “a delayed game is eventually good, a rushed game is forever bad.” Blizzard’s motto is apparently, “We don’t care what is produced so long as we get paid.”

3 Likes

Related to that, as we talked about last year at BlizzCon, we did not want the in-game cutscenes to steer too far from the original game. We went a little deeper into the thought process behind that at the show, but the main takeaway is that the campaigns tell one of the classic stories in Warcraft history, and we want to preserve the true spirit of Warcraft III and allow players to relive these unforgettable moments as they were (albeit rebuilt with new animations and the higher fidelity art).

Clearly Blizzard remembers a different Blizzcon 2019 than I do, where WC3:R devs were all “We know people are most excited about the new cutscene so here’s a sneak peek” followed by the Illidan V Arthas Cutscene (one of the few cutscene they actually improved on).

What’s weird is the version of Blizzcon2019 I remember is the one still on Blizzard’s own youtube channel.

HAHA! If that’s true than it’s even more funny. Let the purists eat crow, now that their client has been assimilated and downgraded. HAHAHAH!!!

All seriousness, no dude, they are blaming the player base for their failure to deliver the promises they made. This is entirely the higherups at acti-blizzion’s fault. Anyone who tries to pin the complete failure on the players is delusional.

4 Likes

If players said that they don’t want their game changed, and Blizzard listens to them and doesn’t change the game then if you want to get technical, it is their fault. Had they not said anything, or better yet, reinforced the popularity of the changes, the game might be very different.

My point is it’s not why the game is in its current state. They are claiming they scaled back their plans to change things because of purist outrage, but that’s a lie. If it wasn’t, they wouldn’t have screwed up the original game in the “reforging” process.

Now they have delivered a game that VERY few players are happy with in either camp.

The game will forever be known as “Warcraft3 : Refunded” and no amount of mental gymnastics done by the die hard fanbois will change that.

2 Likes

I dont think many people were advocating against fully redone cutscenes. It’s quite a coincidence that what blizzard thinks players want, also happens to be the cheapest, and easiest option for them. If this is what the majority of players want, then why all the outrage?

??

You’re the second person to claim that ‘it’s a lie’ without having any solid evidence supporting it while also taking things completely out of context.

The ‘feedback’ that Blizzard is talking about concerns the campaign for the game. The story, the cutscenes, the map design. Not other features unrelated to the campaign such as the way the client works.

They stated at Blizzcon 2019 that they were ‘keeping things in the campaign as close as possible to the original’ but openly stated that they had also changed a few maps. Notably Stratholme, Silvermoon and Dalaran. That’s it.

NOBODY : The new reforged culling of stratholme cut-scene isn’t as good as the original, and will destroy the game.

Actiblizzion : Yeah, we’re gonna dial back on cutscene reworks because 2-7 purist, neckbeard elitists know how to keep the game alive and bring new players in.

EVERYBODY : WTF Blizz? Why do you STILL have the new cut-scene up on the website, but NOT IN THE GAME???

It’d be totally inconsistent if Culling had this super advanced cutscene and then everything else just had slightly touched up classic cutscenes.

Granted… they should have just redone everything.

1 Like

except they redid the Illidan vs Arthas fight in the exact same style as the Culling and left that in game. this is how we know they are lying.

Yes they should have spent the extra time and money and done it

That cutscene was always done in a different style than the rest of the game, tho.

I dunno if they’re lying or not. I assume they are, or it was just a convenient excuse. The cutscenes are still different. And they did massively change some levels.

1 Like

it wasn’t though and yes they are lying

I’m saying that the Illidan vs. Arthas cutscene is in a different style than most of the cutscenes in the game. So it being different isn’t that odd.

It really doesn’t matter, though. They should have done the cutscene changes they advertised. The UI doesn’t even fit widescreen monitors.

Except that’s what folks were literally saying. “Don’t change the campaign. The campaign is fantastic just the way it is. It’s a classic.” Here are a few examples:

Here’s a good example of a guy leaving feedback and specifically saying that the new cinematic displayed for Culling is not good.

And here’s someone giving feedback that the cinematics should not be changed at all…

I could honestly go on for a while here. And this is only from this forum, if I were to search all the forums I imagine I’d find a ton of examples of folks saying “We don’t want changes.”

1 Like

The 4 hours of cut scenes they are referring to are the in game cut scenes there are not 4 hours of cinematic cut scenes and yes they are new, they had to remake almost all if not all of them with the new models, they just used the same audio because they probably didn’t want to remove the classic and well known audio that we all love

They didn’t have to change the lore… they should have just delivered what they showed us at blizzcon 2 years ago. False advertising is false advertising. Gearbox did the same crap with the Aliens: Colonial Marines gameplay walkthrough they showcased at E3… The final game looked nothing like what they showed people…

This is unacceptable behavior, that people like you are only going to enable more of in the future.

Enjoy your 30 dollar skin pack.

still waiting for you to own up to your lies

Another lie by you https://web.archive.org/web/20181102203749/https://playwarcraft3.com/en-us/
since Blizzcon 2019 they updated the website with the new rewards for the other games as well as made format changes and added adtional info about the races.

After Blizzcon 2019 they also changed the auto play background video at the top using completely different footage. So yeah after they made that annoucment they updated the website to add new footage of gameplay and cinematics. You need to stop lying you are embarrassing yourself.

So what makes the Culling of Stratholme from 2018 so different?

I understand if you don’t want to answer that question as doing so would clearly show you are wrong so i guess i’ll just say concession accepted.

No matter how much you white knight for Blizz they aren’t going to hire you and they aren’t going to thank you.

have a great day

I’m no longer going to engage with you due to your dishonest quoting and argumentative behaviour. This is the last post I will ever write to you. Good day.

Yeah, they should remove the video.

They pretty much have to give out refunds to anyone who bought the game because of this video.

That’s fine i get it you lied and you got caught. Well you don’t have to respond but every time i see you i will remind you of the lies you said

Another lie by you https://web.archive.org/web/20181102203749/https://playwarcraft3.com/en-us/
since Blizzcon 2019 they updated the website with the new rewards for the other games as well as made format changes and added adtional info about the races.

After Blizzcon 2019 they also changed the auto play background video at the top using completely different footage. So yeah after they made that annoucment they updated the website to add new footage of gameplay and cinematics. You need to stop lying you are embarrassing yourself.

So what makes the Culling of Stratholme from 2018 so different?

I understand if you don’t want to answer that question as doing so would clearly show you are wrong so i guess i’ll just say concession accepted.

No matter how much you white knight for Blizz they aren’t going to hire you and they aren’t going to thank you.

have a great day

2 Likes