Are they adding the Over 4 hours of reforged cutscenes they advertised?

Pfft that bullshift, you know they just went with the least efforts/least expensive.

1 Like

bad excuse for saying “we had our funding cut”

Its a complete nonsense excuse. They could have just made a new campaign with the changes, and also let people play the old campaign. The New Reforged is meant to intergrate with the old client, so the old campaign should function in the new reforged with 0 changes needing to be made.

Budgets in game development aren’t like bank accounts where you can just pull money out on a whim. They’re decided in advance, with enough money given to the project to fund its development from start to finish.

The only time the ‘budget’ becomes a problem in game development is when there are internal delays that slow progress. Then requests for more money have to be made, and if that request is refused, the project stalls.

if Blizzard one of the most succesful devleopers of all time can’t afford to properly fund a game then we are in trouble.

If they had properly funded the game they wouldn’t have had to outsource the models to an outside Malaysian company

Another lie by you https://web.archive.org/web/20181102203749/https://playwarcraft3.com/en-us/
since Blizzcon 2019 they updated the website with the new rewards for the other games as well as made format changes and added adtional info about the races.

After Blizzcon 2019 they also changed the auto play background video at the top using completely different footage. So yeah after they made that annoucment they updated the website to add new footage of gameplay and cinematics. You need to stop lying you are embarrassing yourself.

So what makes the Culling of Stratholme from 2018 so different?

I understand if you don’t want to answer that question as doing so would clearly show you are wrong so i guess i’ll just say concession accepted.

No matter how much you white knight for Blizz they aren’t going to hire you and they aren’t going to thank you.

have a great day

The problem with claiming that they were listening to the player base is that they never said anything until now that, that was what they were doing. We heard literally nothing from them outside of “dialing back.” They never stated what said dial back entailed nor that it would turn into a complete walk of their release trailer.

If you want to claim to be listening to the player base, then actually engage with them. Merely listening to the loudest section that have been complaining about Reforged since it was announced is not listening to the player base as a whole. Its pandering to a section of it. And even then, its not really listening as they never turned around and actually took in what was said.

1 Like

Are you being retarded on purpose? Those people, me along them included are saying they didn’t want WoW voice acting or story retcon. They said nothing against the 2018 culling cutscene. 99% of the people wanted modern cutscenes (new angles, animations, up close facial expressions) and so far WC3 Reforged has like 2 or 3 scenes where Blizzard actually reforged those cutscenes (Arthas claiming Frostmourne or killing Mal’Ganis for example).

You are a complete schizo shill haunting all of these threads 24/7. I wouldn’t be surprised if you’re paid to do it.

1 Like
  1. where was this divisive feedback from fans?
  2. why wasn’t this information posted on the forums, or the dialed back changes removed from the main page, where they are still advertised to this day
2 Likes

Forums? Updates on the website?

1 Like

Then it should have been removed from the website.

1 Like

Yeah, actually it is. Different angle, and different zoom level, but the models, terrain, dialog, and voice acting are all the same. The talking heads and subtitles have been added.

It was such a cop-out by them to say cutting additions to the campaign (in the form of extra scenes, new dialogue, new cinematics, etc.) was due to “feedback.” Their decision to go with the feedback that let them cut content, reduce costs and ship out earlier wasn’t made in the best interest of making a high quality game, it was just being cheap and turning one of the crown jewels of Blizzard history into a lazy cash grab.

I also have doubts that “single player campaign purists” even exist in anything above the most extremely laughable, negligible numbers. It was so obvious that there was excitement built up around an upgraded, more fleshed out campaign experience. They’ve had 15 years worth of greater fleshing out of the world’s story, they’ve released their Chronicles books tying things together more heavily. Adding major plot moments talked about in the years since WC 3 in games like WoW, like (to take an easy example) Arthas confronting the king of the High Elves making a final stand at the Sunwell and killing him, are hardly things any serious story fan would have wanted excluded.

What really sucks about this isn’t just that Blizzard did a bad job with a game. It’s the sense of missed opportunity. They had an opportunity to really deliver a quality, updated, more highly detailed and fleshed out WarCraft 3 RTS campaign experience to players, and they had so little passion and enthusiasm for their own product that they killed it and released the corpse.

6 Likes

I understand if you don’t want to answer that question as doing so would clearly show you are wrong so i guess i’ll just say concession accepted.

Rabbitslayer has completely and utterly dunked on Kynmarcher ITT.

The irony.

1 Like

I’ve defended blizzard for a while here, but…The fact is, what they advertised and what they delivered are completely different standards. They went from a fully animated cut-scene with well framed shots to a horribly orchestrated in-game scene that looks terrible in every aspect. There’s also the fact that the full 2018 trailer showcases a 4k resolution and brand new UI…neither of which were implemented in the release. The release is quite literally a re-skin of the original game. It’s the same stretched “pseudo” HD resolution as the original. However, I maintain that this is Activision’s fault, not the few real Blizzard employees that are left. This project got outsourced, and that’s how we ended up with things like a Naga Sea Witch that has human ears.

_https://i.redd.it/np0chiqz2nd41.png

2 Likes

Corporate dishonest jargon is growing way too old. Hope someday Blizzard is released from Activision.

1 Like

1 - This game is very playable and still has the essense of warcraft 3.
2 - I enjoy BFA and several million other people do. It’s wow, what do you expect? A huge change in formula?
3 - What debacle? HotS wasn’t exactly on fire with the public and still isn’t. I enjoy it a lot because I feel it fixes the problems of Dota/LoL (plus community is much friendlier)
4 - No it’s not. Let’s see some facts please.
5 - It got a LOT of content at start and it gets FREE updates, unlike CoD or other games. Sure it has lootboxes, but just for cosmetics. If you just play the game, you’ll get them anyways. How is it lagging behind?

By the way the forums are maybe 1-2% slice of the people playing these games.

1 Like

lol…I never bought the ticket to watch blizzcon and I still was able to watch the panel way before reforged came out.