Want changes? You are wrong

Campaign story and dialogue should be kept faithful to the original.

12 unit cap should remain in ladder. Do whatever you want in custom games.

If you disagree, you are objectively wrong.

WC3 was the original Lore. WoW retconned that. This is a homage to WC3, not revisionist history, not WoW, but Warcraft 3.

If you want your WoW Lore, it already exists in WoW.

Edit: Guess what? Warcraft 3 has a campaign editor. If you want your WoW lore in WC3, make a custom game for it. People will be doing exactly that anyways.

10 Likes

No, u re not correct.

22 Likes

Of course we are wrong if we want all that… When the game originally launched… Now with a remastered it should be up WITH THE TIMES.
I suggest people like you check out Age of Empires 2 definitive edition.

8 Likes

There’s Warcraft 3 for that, buddy. Much of the campaign doesn’t make sense anymore, but you can play the original if that’s what you want.

It’s called WC 3 Reforged. If you want to pay for a reskinned Warcraft 3 you’re a sucker.

18 Likes

if you want it just play wc3 classic. Reforged should be so much more than re skin. Thanks to people like you we are not going to see Saurfang, meeting between Voljin and Thrall and the rest cool stories that happened.

15 Likes

Totally agree

11 Likes

Totally nonsense

4 Likes

Hey guys if you agree with me about stories and Saurfang story. like my post please

1 Like

Stop right there, it’s a gross exaggeration. Are there that many retcons even?

3 Likes

Sigh, just give us a way to circumvent the 12 unit selection cap, I’m sure the rest of Blizzard’s mistakes can be fixed with the map editor.

" Edit: Guess what? Warcraft 3 has a campaign editor. If you want your WoW lore in WC3, make a custom game for it. People will be doing exactly that anyways."

Is the OP serious with this? So I am paying blizz for the reskin and then I am supposed to make the campaign myself? Wow… Just wow…

9 Likes

Is it their fault you don’t research a product before you buy it?

They were very clear in both SCBW Remastered and for this product that they would not be altering the base campaigns.

Be a more intelligent consumer and quit blaming others for your mistake.

6 Likes

There are many I can think of, but I’m just going to give you one big example for instance that the entirety of TFT Night Elf campaign makes very little sense due to everything that is established in Legion, like the Broken Isles and how Gul’dan was depicted as having raised it all.

Lol, no dude. We were promised entire campaign revisement, updated locations, redone voices and possibly extra content after WC 3 Reforged’s release. They are instead taking that away because the notion of playing the original WC 3 is apparently foreign to some people if you don’t want any changes.

7 Likes

You’re right, a ton of WoW lore is created from retcons.

That is the literal definition of a retcon, it makes zero sense in light of the original lore because it was changed.

This is WC3 not WoW.

4 Likes

GGTeMpLaR, they initially planed to but then they changed their mind with the excuse of “the community demanded it” to save time and money. Originally they WHERE going to remaster the campaign. Now they are even going to use the old sounds from the original campaign.

2 Likes

maybe you just launch old warcraft 3 for the old campaign?

4 Likes

Are you joking? They are literally breaking the promise.

What I’m personally saying that they are breaking it with a small substitute - some changes are going through.

Lmao. This is so wrong, it’s barely funny. There is one franchise.

5 Likes

I guess if you don’t want new players to buy the game and join the ladder, this is a great idea. I’ve said this before, but I may as well bring this into this thread as well. You will 100% guaranteed hurt sales towards new players if the selection cap stays at 12.

With how Warcraft 3 and Reforged works, it would be extremely easy to just port over the old campgain to reforged and play it with new graphics.

So why not have, a more fleshed out new campaign in Reforged, AND have the old one with Reforged graphics.

It would be extremely boring if we just got a skin for the old campaign.

New map layouts(but keep the objectives the same), new secrets, a bit of new dialog/interactions where its needed, And I would even say new characters with smaller roles like Kael’thas father, who doesn’t need story around him, but just being there and give a couple of lines when we are fighting against Silvermoon.

I cannot understand the people who want it the same, when you can have both.

6 Likes

i find it crazy, how people talk about wc3. its an RTS
i dont wanna be coddled
i dont want things to be easier
i dont want a remake of a game to change things
i want to play you in a hard game and be better then you
(thats the point of RTS)

i would love things to be added with out changing any of the original stuff
its sad to see people point to sales or how blizzard is wrong when you as the consumer have all the power in what you like and what you chose to play

6 Likes