There is a temporary outage of the Battle.net service. Please try again later

Reinstalled the game yesterday…been getting that message everytime i try to log in.

Funny to be exactly one year after the OP, but I am having the same problem. And it is clearly some sort of error, as I am booting the game from the Battle.net desktop app, to which I am logged in, without any problems.

1 Like

Actually, if they schedule their maintenance at the same days every year, it’s perfectly logical.

So is this normal then?

I have gotten that message since I have started to try and play and have not been able to get on once

Even at very different hours? Even on another server?

I am having the same problem. Has anyone come up with a solution.

I have tried multiple times over the last year or so and get this error everytime. This error is keeping me from buying Any other Blizzard software. I used to be a big Blizzard fan with Diablo, Starcraft and Warcraft too. Pity that they won’t fix an issue that is quite obviously theirs and no one elses.

2 Likes

I am having the same issue…also a long time fan of Blizzard, and just re-installed SC2, but can’t authorize the installation, receiving a message that Battle.net is down (while I am simultaneously logged in Battle.net through a browser). Just bought SC Remastered right before this happened; I’ll try installing that, see if it works any better. I’m not holding my breath, considering how many posts about this problem are around. It certainly appears to be a Blizzard-side problem…

Hey all,

For anyone still getting this error can you take a look at the steps linked below and see if that info helps clear it up?

2 Likes

These worked great for me, after installing the game and tried to play it for almost a year, i found these solution and it was a great feeling to be back in the game.

Hello!

Im getting the temporary outage of the battle net service error… but my friend who lives relatively close by isn’t getting it… i tried re-installing twice already and i don’t have the public test file nor the ptr file… Tried scanning for repair and also didn’t do anything.

Anything im missing?

Thanks if anyone can help me out!

There’s current some issues with SC2 at them moment that Bliz is working on. There’s a main thread where Bliz is tracking reports. Be sure to follow there for any updates.