Starcraft 2 is saying battle net is down [Main Thread]

Just installed Starcraft II for the first time on my machine about 2 hours ago. Can’t connect to Americas server but can connect to KR and EU.

1 Like

Americas still unable to connect 1:10pm EST

This is an absolute joke. We spend all this money on the games over the years and they pull this crap

1 Like

sigue sin solucionar el problema

I’m able to log in EU and KR fine, but US server (my main) is giving me this error all day.

1 Like

Workaround posted here doesn’t work for me as I don’t have PTR installed, but apparently works for some who do.

tl;dr - uninstall PTR and try again, might work for you.

I am having this same issue, on macOS. I have uninstalled and reinstalled both the game and battle.net. When I did this, I deleted as many blizzard and battle.net files as I could find, except for error logs and .tiff files and things like that.

The PTR executable is not installed.

I am able to log in to EU and KR, but when I try to log in to US, it says that the battle.net service is temporarily down.

I haven’t logged into starcraft 2 in over a year roughly, and just tried installing the game yesterday, and this happened when I first tried to log in and hasn’t stopped happening since.

3 Likes

Same issue here on the americas server. The last time I checked for updates and played was less than 90 days ago. I purchased and played this trilogy since day 1 release. Why is battle net authentication still required for me to play my 10 year old bought and paid for game offline?

That’s the only reason why I play anymore… campaign nostalgia and solo 1v7ai skirmishes in my free time when I get a wild hair growing on my butt because big tech will forever be stingy with internet connection speeds. Why does this kind of technical problem exist for campaign enthusiasts in 2022? How did the best PC game in the last 25 years go from Blizzards Starcraft and WOW to Microsoft’s Minecraft?

Guess it’s Microsoft’s Starcraft and WOW now though huh… I knew I had to abandon ship eventually but I didn’t think the Blizzard crew would resort to throwing their paying customers overboard when they can’t even swim. LOL

4 Likes

I can access all other regions, only an issue trying to log in to Americas

2 Likes

I am experiencing the same issue, as a returning player I fit into the descriptions that have already been found…
Hoping we’ll have a fix soon!

I’m experiencing this issue too. Though my symptoms appear somewhat different. I am locked out of LOTV’s Main Story while connected to the Americas region. The error I get is “Coming Soon.” I just bought access yesterday after not having any Starcraft activity in years. I worked with the support folks and they confirmed it’s related.

Hey all,

We’re currently still investigating this issue with failures to connect to certain regions for certain accounts. They’re actively troubleshooting this and testing fixes now. We aren’t sure when it will be patched in but this is the highest priority for the Starcraft II team right now. We appreciate your patience with it and all the reports!

In the mean time, note that most players are able to play in other regions or in offline mode as a work around if you just want to play some bot games or campaign while you wait. Note that you may need to log into another region first to access offline mode if you are having this problem.

4 Likes

The issue continues, I am on windows 10 I do not and have not had the PTR installed on this computer. I have tried switching to the Beta battle.net Client with no luck. I have run the Scan and repair tool. I have also removed and re-installed SC2, no luck with any of these steps. P.S. I did switch back to the standard client after no luck with the beta client.

Hey all,

Some changes were made on the back-end. Please post here if you continue getting the error on SC2 Americas region.

Thank you.

2 Likes

No dice, still seeing the same authentication issue on US server

2 Likes

Same issue for me, still can’t enter the client on the US region

First post ever on these forums to confirm… I can connect to the EU region but not the US region. I also did a fresh install of the battle.net launcher and SC2 (deleted all files everywhere from computer and downloaded fresh from blizzard website). Still having the same issue.

It’s still not working for me, cannot connect to the US region.

Thanks! I’ll update the team! Once I have more info / updates I’ll post here.

2 Likes

Same issue for me, still can’t enter the client on the US region.