Pls stop with nonsense

Protoss is very overpowered. A poster called tehbatz did an analysis. And showed protoss overperform in all non mirror. Relative to their mirror…

h ttps://i.imgur.com/lBx29DG.png

Now his prediction is seen in gm league too…

h ttps://www.rankedftw.com/stats/races/1v1/#v=2&r=-2&l=6

It is proof protoss is too strong. And needs nerfs. But blizzard is buffing void rays. Right after they buff shield battery. Proxy stargate with shield battery will destroy every terran… even maru and byun…

Many poster has said tehbatz analysis is invalid. But they cannot say what his error was! If he is wrong. Then they should list what is wrong. But they believe the wrongness because they are mind reader… or see the future… not because of fact… if any person can show his error I will believe. I am not person who believe in fairy tale! Until then his argument is correct. And have withstood a hundred enemies!

8 Likes

Protoss is very overpowered.

Wrong, Zerg is typically favored in PvZ since LotV, and PvT is up and down.

A poster called tehbatz did an analysis.

You mean the extremely biased Zerg forum troll who always posts extreme nonsense from multiple / banned accounts? Seems credible.

Enjoy the upcoming and more balanced version of SC2 which will feature Zerg nerfs and Protoss buffs.

18 Likes

Then why is zerg least in grandmaster?

Why would a zerg troll say terran is underpowered? You are crazy… If he is biased. I will accept it if you can show the error in his analysis.

5 Likes

Why would a zerg troll say

If you need this explained to you then you are beyond help.

You are crazy… If he is biased

Well I guess that makes me crazy then, because I’ve read a lot of posts from the user in question and there is no one more biased than that dude.

I will accept it if you can show the error in his analysis.

It’s up to the person with an argument to prove it’s merit, and not the other way around. Especially when it goes against the data which is available to everyone.

You two are the kind of people who think they win an argument by just repeating the same phrase over and over until everyone stops responding to you.

5 Likes

GM win rate and ranking is not the only factor to judge the balance of the game. Protoss is unflavored in a lot of situation when you know protoss players’ playstyle. Protoss maybe strong in some strategic or cheese play, but these strategic play can only be used once to against the same player. This is also the reason why Protoss seems like favored in GM league. However In reality, Protoss is the worst race to make transitions in the game and that is why PVZ is Hard in pro level as most time Protoss get countered by Zerg easily. Some Protoss’s cheese strategies are not good against pro level zergs as they can scout most of time.

3 Likes

I will explain to you. You say a person is biased zerg troll. Because he is biased for terran. XD XD XD You may want to go easy… on the camberwell carrots…

An aggregate of every pro game played. Is not enough proof? XD XD XD

I provided two which corroborate… pro scene and gm league… rankedftw and tehbatz…

I do not like the taste of protoss either XD XD XD

It is ok that a race is not 100% favored. In every situation. They just need 50% favored and 50 disfavored to be fair. Protoss is favored more than disfavored. That is the problem…

And pro scene… except maybe the absolute top… but who would design game around 0.000001% of players? Blizzard is who… they will kill sc2 with bad policy…

1 Like

I play all the races about the same amount, I don’t care. Batz is a zerg troll, you believe his bs, I don’t care.

Enjoy the upcoming and more balanced version of SC2 which will feature Zerg nerfs and Protoss buffs.

1 Like

ya because void rays are such a massive wide-spread problem for terrans

2 Likes

https://youtu.be/OCsMKypvmB0

If you wanna discuss general balance, why go for out possibly biased custom analysis and metrics, when you’ve got Aligulac monthly reports available right off the bat(z) ?
https://i.postimg.cc/FzZ1N9tW/2020-08-01-Balance-report.jpg

PS : wasn’t it tEhBatZ rather than tehbatz ? :wink:

1 Like

A waste of time, why not checking Aligulac ratings from top protoss players?, the page shows their wr in each matchup, go there and you will see that most of the time their PvP is higher than their PvT and even PvZ, not every time they have an insane pvt, check on the top 100 players and you will see how it is.

checking ladder is useless.

2 Likes

Where is his error? You say he is wrong. But can not list where. If you cannot show even 1 flaw. Then his argument is very strong. And you prove my point that he is right…

That chart does not account for skill. Which is a big problem. Because skill can skew win-rate 99%/1%. But balance skew wins maybe 45%/55%. So was a win-rate caused by skill or balance? You can not say. Unless you filter the skill. Which is what the batz has done. First he used elo. Which measures skill very accurate. Second he uses mirror as second base line for skill. When skill is filtered. His prediction was P>T>Z. And now GM shows the exact same…

Winrate does not define a skill. Because you do not know if it is 90% vs gold league. Or 90% vs maru. Very different!

yes I Agree they are OP Thats why they havnt won a GSL in years and get spanked on stage by Zerg players :smiley:

Do you not know what average is? This is pro scene. Not top 0.0001% of pro scene… too many troll…

LOL, it amazes how pathetic some Protoss players are to believe this

3 Likes

You can actually. That’s called statistical power. Statistically, individual differences get reduced by simply increasing the sample size, allowing you to better see an underlying effect. In other words, the more individuals there are in your sample, the better your final result will reflect the balance and not individual skill differences. :mag:

And that’s why selecting a period of one week, or of only one tournament is a good way to bias the results compared to Aligulac monthly averages. :bulb:

As for cloudy, custom made statistics coming from individuals such as tEhbAtZ (known to be anything BUT neutral), you’d have to add an extremely high risk of selection bias on top of that (by deliberately selecting a short period chosen to reflect the author’s feeling, or by excluding larger periods or individuals not reflecting the author’s views, for example), supposing he didn’t straight up skew the source data. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Yes,but it’s aligulac, so it only shows winrate from tournament games, so no gold games and their are games from a harder environment than ladder.There is also the Aligulac rating to measure every matchup, so a victory against Maru will give more points than a victory against a lower level player.

And showed protoss overperform in all non mirror.

http://aligulac.com/misc/balance/

PvZ , Zerg favored since 2011. Batz is a zerg troll who will just incessantly post bs. You can spend your whole life refuting his nonsense, but he will just keep posting additional nonsense until everyone get’s bored and walks away. Thats when you :clown_face:s declare victory.

1 Like