Can't start a new campaign and can't delete old files

Same issue here, clicking ‘Start New Campaign’ just loads a previous save (for terran).

I’ve tried:

• Editing permissions and deleting saves
  • Repairing the game
  • Reinstalling the game
  • Loading a game, creating a fresh save, then starting a new campaign
  • Restarting a mission, then starting a new campaign

Nothing is working.

2 Likes

same for me.

Wings of liberty: wont start fresh campaign
Heart of the swarm : stuck on spawning 6 zerglings

no news on twitter either form blizzard

2 Likes

Blizzard your game has been broken for days!! WTF!?!?!

3 Likes

Hey Gang,

Still angry about it. Not working for me still so I think Blizzard is gone forever and run away from us. I think we should keep playing to get their attention to the CEO and make it free. Haha.

Walter Chow

a similar problem.
why does Blizzard feel this way about the game? The problem has been around for a few days, but still hasn’t been solved.

2 Likes

Saw a post here I think from blizzard

And another that I can’t seem to locate currently on the technical support that said they were looking into it. So I am hoping it’s fixed soon.

There also appears to be a number of issues in Blizzard’s other games as well.

2 Likes

sabotage update maybe??? especially if other games are being effected, but maybe testing updates isn’t a thing anymore. I do however find it strange that all games on battle.net had updates at the same time.

2 Likes

Ok, so I tried a fresh install, Including Deleting the StarCraft II folder entirely in documents. downloaded the game, started it up, found that my Campaigns were still bugged, went to the StarCraft II folder in documents, found my old saves there again, gave the folders permissions again, and then deleted them, and started it up again to find my campaigns were no longer bugged.

Hey Gang,

Sabotage. Really. This would be the first for Blizzard. The update was not worth it anyway unless they give us tons of new maps for 2022 to play. Fix, Fix. Everybody is going on vacation this week before Thanksgiving break.

Walter Chow

Same issue here. Is there a better way, more modern way to file a bug report like github? Forums like this were a step up from newsgroups and email in the late 90s early 00s.

Cheers, seems to work for me.

Yea sooo, for windows the fix is.

• open file explorer
  • open documents
  • find “starcraftII” 's file* right click it and go to properties
  • click on the security tab
  • click edit to change permisions
  • enable all settings for both administrator and user
  • click apply and your done

works perfectly. blizzard needs to get back to work. this information isnt listed any where but here, an they still havn’t patched.

11 Likes

Yes, your way works, it really helped

It works. Thanks!
And it looks like I need to do this after every update

I have the same problem since yesterday (nov 14).
When I start a new campaign the opening cinematics start. After this ends the game will show the cinematic choice screen. When I press ‘close’ the game will show the Campaign options screen and any choice to start a new campaign results in the same ‘loop’.

@zombiedrill: Thanks for the suggestion

Note: another suggested workaround is to change server (Europe, Asia. America). I tried this and after this change I can start a new campaign again. But when I change back to the normal server the problem remains / returns.

Update: Changing properties doesn’t seem to work for some people. Some files remain ‘locked’. I used “take ownership” which unlocked the files and solved the problem for me. Btw, take ownership is a separate add on I use.

1 Like

all I want to do is play the campaign and nothing at all is working. I’ve given full permision to every single folder and sub folder of every starcraft 2 file in my computer in documents and the download since friday and it’s still throwing me in the Hyperion when i start a new campaign. I’ve tried to uninstall and wiped every single starcraft 2 file from my computer and reinstalling it about 6 or 7 times (maybe even more at this point I’m not even sure) and even went through every file giving permission individually because maybe a file was missed.

4 Likes

4 days later and not even an acknowledgment that there is an issue from Blizzard. Personally I can’t start a new campaign, I cannot play a product I purchased. A single player product…

2 Likes

switching region is a solution, just switched to american servers and im good. seems like this is a EU problem

hey so i did this, even though i already had permissions and it still didnt work

Switching regions is a temporary work around. Same issue remains when you select ‘new campaign’ on any server.

• Battle net announced they are currently working on a solution.

A workaround I use seems to work:
Update: Changing properties doesn’t seem to work for some people. Some files remain ‘locked’. I used “take ownership” which unlocked the files and solved the problem for me. Btw, take ownership is a separate add on I use.

However, I advice to wait for Battle Net to fix the issue.

2 Likes