Can't start a new campaign and can't delete old files

Agreed. I have the same issue. Cannot start a new WOL campaign.

In addition to that i noticed that in the first mission in Heart Of The Swarm game is stuck after making 5 zerglings. Adjutant repeats “Left click on the command card to spawn zerglings” but even if you produce like 20 of them nothing happens. The door won’t open and you cannot proceed with the mission.

3 Likes

This kind of worked, although the cutscenes are still broken at least I was able to go to the second mission

1 Like

Agree, worked for me too

In addition to opening a saved campaign (when I try to start a new one), I also have a problem that I cannot delete any of the saved games…

2 Likes

Yep, cant delete saves ( even if you delete from desktop it will start you where ever you left off in WOL) and cant earn credits either

1 Like

I’m having similar issues. I keep beating the Haven mission and it keeps taking back to the point where you decide to save the colonists or not. So I decided to skip to HoTS. Can’t get passed the first mission as the Zerglings I spawn don’t count lol.

2 Likes

I have the exact same issue. If you were able to get it to work, can you please provide a step by step on the fix?

GO to documents and locate the Starcraft 2 folder
-right click on the starcraft 2 folder and go to properties
-security
-change all the permissions to “Full Permission”

it seems to work for some people but it still doesn’t fix it for me.

Did u fix the zerg part?

It fixed my zergling problem!!

2 Likes

So I gave the SCII folder in documents all the permissions and deleted all of my saves, but I’m still stuck unable to start a new campaign in either WoL or HotS, WoL starts the opening cinematic, but after the loading screen puts me on the Hyperion after completing the evacuation, and HotS will let me start a new campaign, same as everybody else, the zerglings I create don’t count for whatever reason. also they do appear to be Raptor lings so that’s something I know shouldn’t be available yet.

3 Likes

It is not working for me, I guess we will have to wait until next patch

1 Like

I changed my ingame name (available every season) and it fixed things for me

never worked for me either, all sorts of problems with these updates. luck of the draw I guess, some people have had luck but most people don’t

1 Like

StarCraft 2 wings of liberty campaign wont let me restart a new. goes to the mar sara loading screen and then straight into the archives with all the missions…and then for the zerg campaign the first mission where you have to make drones and then a spawning pool, then some Zerglings. the game glitches when u make Zerglings and don’t register you actually making them. so you cant progress in the mission.

2 Likes

Tried a Fresh Install of SCII including deleting the entire SCII folder in Documents. No change, still unable to start a new WoL campaign.

2 Likes

How do you do that? Change your ingame name?

Just changed my name. No luck

1 Like

Same issue here, clicking ‘Start New Campaign’ just loads a previous save (for terran).

I’ve tried:

• Editing permissions and deleting saves
  • Repairing the game
  • Reinstalling the game
  • Loading a game, creating a fresh save, then starting a new campaign
  • Restarting a mission, then starting a new campaign

Nothing is working.

2 Likes

same for me.

Wings of liberty: wont start fresh campaign
Heart of the swarm : stuck on spawning 6 zerglings

no news on twitter either form blizzard