Can't start a new campaign and can't delete old files

So I got the hankering to play some wings of liberty so I reinstalled the game and started up a new game, I got the into cinematic and a mar sara loading screen but then jumps to the Hyperion cantina right after the mission media blitz, further more I can’t delete old files even as administrator

33 Likes

Hey,

Same here I just tried that a few minutes ago. What is going on. I think Blizzard is broken.:grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:.

Walter Chow

2 Likes

I am happy to hear I am not the only one having this problem

4 Likes

i am also having difficulty with this and now everyone on the hyperion has also turned into gray spheres

3 Likes

so I did a little test, I can start new games in the other 3 campaigns (heart of the swarm, legacy of the void, and nova covert ops) just fine but not wings of liberty.
also I went ahead and beat the game it was loading aaannnddd…it loads the select a mission screen?

1 Like

ye that also happens to me i think its to do with the new update that they did today breaking the campaign

2 Likes

witch is weird because it doesn’t effect any of the other campaigns
edit: it DOES effect other campaigns XD I went to start a new game in heart of the swarm and it took me a second to notice but…all the zerglings I was making in the prolog were swarmling strain (my favorite) and the objective was to make zerglings so I became hard locked as the swarmlings did not count as zerglings lol

4 Likes

oh lol
well hopefully it should be patched soon as multiple campaigns being down is a big deal

1 Like

hmm… have a same problem, can`t reset progress of Wings of Liberty Campaign… and I am stuck on the mission I ended up last time I was playing.

The nice thing is, I was coming back after a years to play a bit of Starcraft II, to go through campaign again… and this is kind of experience… I don`t really like.

1 Like

That’s actually pretty accurate. Similar patches were rolled out to all Blizzard’s games and they seem to all be having various problems writing to their game folders.

1 Like

I’m actually having a similar issue except with the HotS campaign, i can start a new campaign, but the zerglings in the lab rats mission are already mutated so they dont count for the mission objective to construct 6 lings, so even though i can start the new campaign there is no way to progress passed the tutorial.

1 Like

Im having the same issue - every time i choose to start a new campaing im eyther being directed to the mission select screen after the custscene - and if i choose continiue im also directed there - also i am unable to delete previousl saves / campaings . be it from inside the game client or through the game folders as admin

1 Like

I want to chime in. I’m having problems as well. When I click on the Wings of Liberty campaign (the 3D model of Raynor), It says “wings of liberty” but then says “Legacy of the Void completed!” If I click continue it takes me to the master archives of the protoss campaign. The challenges however takes me to the old WoL challenges. I’m afraid that if I click new campaign from the “more” drop down it will create a new protoss campaign which is not what I want.

1 Like

Same thing for me but it jumps to the mission complete from the final mission of the campaign I was trying to reset. Infinitely frustrating

1 Like

I’m having a similar issue with the mission “Breakout”. When I complete the mission (I’ve tried both with Tosh and Nova at this point), the game skips the cutscene automatically and proceeds directly back to the choice selection for the mission. The game seems to recognize that I’ve completed the mission, since there is a “Replay” button at the bottom of the screen, but choosing any of the buttons results in a replay of the mission with an immediate skip back to the selection screen upon completion.

I tried quitting the campaign and reloading, no change. I tried loading an earlier save in the campaign, no dice. I’ve tried starting a whole new campaign, still stuck. With the responses in this thread, I’m not sure deleting my files would help any, so I figured I should at least chime in with my own issue to see if the added info helps any of the devs out.

1 Like

I started a new HoTS campaign and when I try making new zerglings the all come up as the raptor strain. Of course the objective was to make zerglings, so I the exact same problem as proxyjames, I cannot proceed because they do not qualify as zerglings.

4 Likes

i just LOVE when updates are not only mandatory, but clearly implemented by people who have zero business touching ANY software with a ten foot pole. this is a bigger screwup than reforged if they don’t fix it.

4 Likes

-9 Hours later - is this still a problem ? or did anyone find a workaround?

1 Like

Found a workaround - at least it seems like one - normaly i cant delete manualy the saves - but if i go to the save folder - open properties - and then - security → edit permissions → then choose administrator (desktop) and tick on full controls - apply - and then leave - then it does let me delete old saves - going to log in and see if it did indeed work-----

Update - nope it did not work - campaing still sends me back to the mission select screen after the main cutscene plays out - even tho the save file is empty----

update 2 - if i delete the save files after the game is open - it seems to work - there is no continiue option just the new game start option - so it seems like its a cloud issue - not sure on that - will try starting a new campaing now see if it actualy works-----

update 3 - BIG FAT NOPE STILL NOT WORKING @Blizzard any coments on that ?!

3 Likes

Hey,

Haha I guess u can’t. We stink around this problem. This update is not worth it for StarCraft 2. They should give out the game content for free.

Walter Chow