Unable to start new campaign (WoL)?

I just finished replaying the original campaign in SC/SC:BW and was hoping to start a new game and play through the three campaigns in SC2, however after selecting “Wings of Liberty > More > New Campaign” I’m presented only with the initial cut-scene, and then brought back to my archives table from my previous play-through.

Is there something I’m missing?

10 Likes

i am having the same problem in addition to character models loading in. i see white orbs with lines on the bridge

3 Likes

Same thing is happening to me. Been trying various things but have not gotten the new campaign button to actually work. Always end up back on the bridge of the Hyperion with most of the game completed still.

1 Like

Still no response on this, I am having same issue.

2 Likes

Same. Have deleted saved files, have restarted, logged in and our of bnet, and deleted documents SC2 folder. Nothing works

2 Likes

Same issue. Must have been a recent update?

1 Like

Yep all same steps… = Nothing lol… I guess back to Forza 5 till they update with fix haha

Still no luck. Tried some other things like deleting all campaign files etc, FYI for any blue looking at this thread if I open SC2 under Europe region I can start a new campaign on WoL, just not on US.

Same here… please fix…

1 Like

Another point which might help is that I tried restarting because in an existing campaign, my credits were not increasing after missions…

1 Like

Same here, just finished playing Mass Recall and was looking forward to playing SC2 again. Can’t start a new campaign in WoL.

I have the same issue.

I wanted to replay WoL, but the game glitches out - once I got up to the Hyperion’s bridge somehow, but all character models were placeholders, too.

Eventually I ended up replaying the Zerg campaign, but while that works, parts of it are glitchy as well. For instance, a cutscene introducing Kerrigan to the Leviathan wasn’t playing for me, the main chamber didn’t render, and during the introduction video for Abathur, Kerrigan was missing.
In addition, no interactions with any characters on the ship seem possible. The cursor changes signifying an ability to interact when hovering over them, but clicking on anyone except Kerrigan (after she’s gone primal - until then her model was missing, too) does not trigger any dialogue or thoughts being spoken.

2 Likes

Not quite. Starting the game connected to a region other than the one you had been playing on previously seems to reset the glitch. I was on the EU servers and just connected to US, and presto, the campaign seems to start for me properly now.

1 Like

I tried every iteration of that and no go. I can start a campaign in EU but I don’t have any of my achievements or anything, it’s like a fresh account. Then I log back out and back into the US servers and when I hit New Campaign, it opens the opening cutscene, then I get the Mar Sara loading screen, and then directly into the Master Archives. I don’t even get the first in-engine cutscene with Raynor in the bar.

1 Like

Yup I’m also having this.

Seems like a pretty major bug…

1 Like

Since there have been quite a few issues with Hearthstone, SC2, and other games since yesterday it seems the only pattern is some kind of small patch did something to bnet that is causing these issues. Another point of evidence that this is the case is I installed SC2 on my external hard drive, and it has the same issues as the one installed on my PC. Same issue with WoL. On top of that, switching to EU server lets you start a fresh campaign but still not on US. Seems like the US bnet client is goofed up somehow.

even then I don’t get the credits when I finish missions. do you have the same issue ?

1 Like

So up until just now, playing on the EU client allowed me to play all campaigns with no issue. Now the EU campaign won’t progress, after finishing a mission it returns to the previous screen before that mission. Seems the issue is getting worse lol. Hopefully they are at least aware that the hearthstone and SC2 patches are not working/causing problems. Still feel it’s all connected to something on the bnet client side.

Hey all,

Thanks for the reports! If you are impacted please be sure to post here if you haven’t already. I’ll get the accounts added to our tracking for this topic. Once I have more information I’ll post here.

Cheers!

5 Likes

I’m unable to start new campaigns, unable to load saved games, and unable to delete/rename replays

Also, these back up files are appearing in my replay folder:

1 Like