"Widow is OP"...um....sure

I’am gonna come out and call BS on these “master+” players coming and crying that all the games are decided by who has the better Widow. If this was the case really, well Widow would be the highest picked hero on GM and she would have been nerfed by now. Just because most OW players don’t know what LoS means, is not a reason to nerf Widow.

What are you getting into, stop speaking in riddles.

People have been complaining since season 2, only stopped for goats, then since nothing was done it a problem again.

If you are trying to say that there hasn’t been a huge amount of posts since S2, you just arn’t paying attention.

I wonder what forums you have been on. I remember Vividly the “Stop playing Widow” and “Widowmaker is a throw pick” threads from 2016/2017.

I remember Widow becoming “a problem” during OWWC 2017 when Flower etc. started destroying people. (Probably even later tbh).

1 Like

The old forums https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/search?q=nerf+widow&forum=22813879

Like 952 posts over a year or when they changed them. going all the way back to launch…

Do you not remember surefore, live on OWL laughing that Widow is free wins and said he would abuse her until Blizz did something?

Like it’s been the entire life of the game.

This ones from June, 2016, on the old forums

There are of course olders and others-

Then of course theres forums-

Which range from all over since weve had the new forums

I can bring up more- if youd like. These are largely just threads that had high popularity. Theres countless more.

2 Likes

If you were playing an area shooter and had to choose a weapon a one shot cross map weapon sounds a little op.

That’s like letting tracer blink in every direction possible.

why would you talk about something you have no experience of?

your in bronze dude… i mean this in the nicest way possible but in your world torb and sym are objectively overpowered LUL.

i just dont understand… this would be like me walking into a surgery and telling the surgeon hes wrong and start telling him how to do his job.

god this board is hilarious.

anyway widow should have an obvious weakness for how insanely high impact she is.

which should obviously be mobility… but for some reason she has some of the best mobility in the game LUL

they should nerf her grapple.

they do that… and nerf orisa… with 222…

then you got yourself a balanced game.

Ad hominem fallacies are never “nice”.

Genji is not bad. You are. Accept reality.

She was overpowered at launch, but they quickly fixed that.

Is it really an Ad hominem if there is clearly a correlation between his rank… and his dumb opinion?

They are though, in their element.

i mean everything is overpowered in its element.

not sure what you mean lul.

their winrates in bronze show theyre effective outside their element too thus the % being so high.

ie they are overpowered

On PTR role queue, torb and sym are good picks

Isn’t that like 5% of the player base? Does that really justify a nerf at all ranks?

Plus I’ve seen top 500 widow mains struggle. Barriers are the same in any rank

Yes. And there you go again.

And below gold games are won by “who doesn’t have a widow?”.

Her problems aren’t just at the top. Her design is just horrible from top to bottom.

Too much of what? Skill in hands of widow player?

1 Like

I like how people think that mechanical skill alone should be able to change an entire team to play around to counter you… if that is the case then why Ashe, Cree or Soldier can’t get half her value with twice the mechanical skill?

ps: not saying she is easy but she does far too much the better the player is to the point of where countering her is a nightmare.