"Widow is OP"...um....sure

https://www.overbuff.com/players/pc/Drazan-11346

Oh my god the irony, it burns.

1 Like

No it wouldn’t so long as she is compensated elsewhere.

I am all for removing her M1 headshots insta-kills from normal play. My suggestion is to allow them during her ultimate. Then buff her mines and bodyshots to compensate.

And again:

You mean Dive and Goats showed how absurd healing is in this game and how much utility supports have. Which is the reason why we are going to 2/2/2 so players can’t stack absurd amount of healing and utility.

Widowmaker has never been a problem and there’s zero evidence for it. Only reason why you are seeing Burst is because Sustain damage is useless.

Widowmaker has never been a problem - they nerfed her back before Season 1 and she’s never been OP or meta-defining.

She wasn’t even the main hero in the Double-sniper meta, the moment the Mercy + Hanzo interaction got nerfed, the meta died. And it was again a support making the meta, not Widowmaker.

People’s obvious hate and bias against Widowmaker is really showing. There’s literally zero evidence Widowmaker is OP.

2 Likes

ha, lies and gaslighting.

the whole year before goats is when the term widowwatch was created. even the OWL announcers acknowledged the whole game is “best widow wins”, and im sure blizz loves its employees negatively discussing balance live on twitch.

its been a known problem and was swept under the rug during a year of anti widow hanzo comp we call goats.

lastly, widow got a charge buff, a grapple buff, and a venom mine wall hack buff.

Should I chime in, then? Widow is OP. Always has been. It’s just in the past her “counters” had more room to work. Now so many of the heroes that kept her in check enough to be bearable are butt tier except in certain situations, so she has free reign.

She decided games in early tournaments to the point that even the announcers were complaining about it.

She was deciding games at the end of S1 OWL to the point that the announcers were complaining about it again.

She’s deciding games in high-rank games to the point that very, very good players are complaining about it.

She’s also been so bad in games in games below platinum that her team is effectively fighting 5v6 since release.

She’s both UP and OP at the same time. Her “sweet spot” for skill is so narrow it might as well not exist. Widowmaker ruins games. She needs to be redesigned because her design is too binary to ever work.

1 Like

She can counter everyone in the game, without ever putting herself at risk. Thats spells op to me

1 Like

It’s a shame they added Ashe as a new hero instead of reworking Widow into her. Now they’ve backed themselves into a corner.

I was going off the context of making changes based off of feelings. They nerfed Sombra because they “felt” her ult and hack were too oppressive that offered very little counter play.

I just want Blizzard to be consistent with their balance changes.

There’s room in the game for an Ashe that trades BoB and dynamite for unlimited range and slightly more evasion.

Have widow’s gun dupe Ashe’s but keep her currently unlimited range.

Buff her crit multi during her ult so that she keeps her one-shots inside of a vocal callout so that enemies can make intelligent decisions without necessarily having to die first while still allowing widowmaker to force the issue by putting herself at risk when she hits Q (aggressive positioning).

Replace her mine with something less like dynamite.

Hanzo is far worse IMO, you can just spam log sized headshots endlessly, headshot people with ease in close range and follow up with storm arrow to finish off tanks and have a widow ult at will. I actually respect widows who can headshot me because they earned it, getting killed by spamzo is just rage inducing.

Yes it is lol

CHARACTERS LIMIT

And hanzo is much easier to fix, too.

Remove his headshots completely, or just reduce his crit multi from x2 to x1.5 so that he cannot one-shot anyone without help.

Then buff the rest of his kit to compensate, if you even need to do that much. I mean, he’s kind of OP right now so he could probably use a good solid nerf to balance him out.

Your evidence is that people are complaining about it? People are complaining all the time about everything and anything. People complained about Symmetra 1.0 and called her OP, by that analogy we should have nerfed Symmetra.

I’m sorry but I like to debate with facts, not feelings. How about some actual facts please.

Yeah, right. As if playing Widowmaker was actually this simple.

And they ain’t wrong. It’s literally impossible to counter-play an invisible Sombra that’s about to EMP.

Where’s the evidence?

No. The evidence is that they are correct. She was and is deciding games on her own.

Except that you tend to ignore facts you don’t agree with, which is not how debate works.

What in the hell are you talking about?

You haven’t provided a single shred of evidence.

What exactly do you not understand? You are saying that she is UP and OP at the same time and the skill spot is super narrow which is flat out absurd.

Imagine thinking that plat and bronze are the same thing.

Both ranks have equally terrible Widows, she’s only potentially a problem in GM.

You are the one agreeing with the OP, and the OP’s stance is that widowmaker is not OP (it’s a negative assertion which is…weird…but whatever). That makes it your job to prove your point, which you have not done.

Besides which the evidence can be found on the OWL website, which I originally found by watching high level play at the end of season 1 and listening to the announcers even as I was being bored to tears by the relentless march through game after game where the victory simply went to the team with the better Widowmaker every. single. time (nerf Pine).

Are you joking? Your response makes zero sense.

My post:

Your response:

Again, what are you talking about? I’m accusing her of having a binary difficulty in aggregate and you’re talking about…what exactly?

Your response literally makes zero sense.

People have literally always complained about widow.