"Widow is OP"...um....sure

Yeah no she isn’t, she is the most unchanged hero in the game…so she has always been a problem and just nobody EVER complained about it? Heck if any changes were made to her they were NERFS! This is just proof that the players will complain about ANY hero for ANY reason, even if it is a NON-REASON!

25 Likes

Totally not a problem that the team with the better Widow wins in high ranks… right.

70 Likes

-laughs in Sombra, Winston, Genji-

2 Likes

Widow laughs in her supports peeling for her.

26 Likes

Master games and above are won by “who has the better Widow”

yeah, she’s a problem

60 Likes

Supports heal Widowmaker? where are those supports at

2 Likes

I think the problem becomes as the game ages and people get better, the fact that her skill ceiling is nearly infinite due to aim and positioning, as people get better at the game Window “seems” to get more oppressive.

I don’t think she’s OP though, maybe some tweaks can be made, but idk. You should be rewarded for getting better.

7 Likes

I have been every rank from platinum down, you make Plat sound like a god rank…it isn’t…and Widow has been nerfed and barely if ever buffed, so take your rank shaming and stick it ok?

I know that. But if your reward is making most DPS useless against you and forcing an entire team to play around just to counter YOU is kinda too much don’t you think? i’d love to see enemy team having to entirely change their composition just to counter Genji too just to see how people would react, but most cases it only take any form of CC to shut one down.

3 Likes

Actually he ain’t wrong. There’s literally zero proof that Widowmaker is OP.

I keep saying it but let me say it again:

It’s just the latest witch hunt on the forums. People don’t understand that when supports have absurd amount of healing, sustain damage becomes trash and you have no choice but to pick burst to get something killed. This isn’t rocket science.

In Overwatch:

1. Heroes have different critical boxes and different character models. This makes sniping harder.
  2. Widowmaker has a charge mechanic. This makes sniping harder.
  3. There’s cover, barriers and shields, which makes sniping significantly harder. Small maps with generally no open spaces more often than not and small lines of sight more often than not.
  4. Overwatch has no movement acceleration which makes A/D + Crouch spam incredibly easy to do and incredibly easy to dodge sniping.
  5. Finally, Widowmaker’s effectiveness also depends on how good the mechanical skill of the player is which alone is an effective skill check.

Not to mention dive tanks like Winston, Diva, Hammond can counter and dive Widowmaker with ease. Same for Sombra, Genji and Tracer, flankers can absolutely shut down Widowmaker.

You even have Immortality Field now which practically eliminates one-shotting from the game. Not to mention Goats has rained supreme for year+ making DPS in the game a throw-pick.

Sorry but Widowmaker who has remained relatively unchanged is absolutely fine as a hero and doesn’t need any nerfs.

Widowmaker is fine.

No, they are not.

7 Likes

This is how it feels to play OW these days concerning the power creep snipers/almost snipers.

“oops i bpeeked just a little because we have a giant map and I want to try flanking”
Hanzo/widow shoots you dead from full hp to zero
“barrier good barrier safe”
barrier breaks
“full to zero again”

All this room on maps and we spend it behind a barrier running from Snipers so hard that we needed Dive and GOATS and now 2-2-2 will make them apex again instantly.

7 Likes

reads your message

checks his message
… Did you even read his post? And this rank shaming is sickening anyway. Arguments stand by themselves if they’re good ones.

3 Likes

Not a valid argument for literally anything. Segregation went unchanged for 100 years, doesn’t change the fact it was a broken system.

People’s complaints about any hero is relative to their prominence in the game. Widow, like every other character in the game, is subject to meta shifts. The problem arises when she can single-handedly determine the outcome of most matches in which a competent Widow presides, with almost no competition (Except of course another Widow). Sigma can sort of soft-counter her a bit with his shield, if he’s used as an off-tank, so we’ll see if this changes anything.

They lowered the cooldown on Grapple and made Venom Mine allow her to see affected enemies through walls, so… no?

Though the second half of this statement definitely is not wrong, this specific occurrence is absolutely not proof of anything.

4 Likes

I guess it’s because I’m not in a rank where this is a problem that my opinion is like that. I know I’m gonna get the whole “you’re not GM so you know nothing” from some forumers, but maybe my opinion might change if I were in games where Widow ran everything.

I wouldn’t mind Widowmaker getting nerf because it may get people stop sending me messages to not play Ashe. When there’s an Widowmaker around.

One problem that some Ashe players have to experience.

2 Likes

She can one shot squishies with 60% charge

Are you telling me i need to feel this claustrophobic bs just because there is a Widow on enemy team? Even Hanzo and Ashe together don’t make me feel like that in ranked.

Why people insist in thinking this is possible? Do you think the Widow in on a 1v6 match? she got her own team and they’ll play other characters that might or not make your job way harder. Genji and Winston need so much coordination to dive a Widow (You need a DPS and a Tank because if you send 2 tanks all your squishies will be vulnerable to her team)

I can’t use immortality field for the entire match can i?

Sure keep telling yourself that.

5 Likes

I’m not rank shaming. All i meant was If you’re going to try and defend a hero then try playing against her in a rank where you’re playing against someone who can at least have some consistency (by playing custom headshot lobbies or with a high rank friend on quickplay). Some plats around 2800 have godlike aim but can’t climb because of poor game sense.

I’m not rank shaming anyone because this is pathethic. I literally edited my message because i thought it was like that but then if it still sound like it there is nothing else to be done.

Good thing you have cover, shields, barriers, resurrect, immortality field etc.

What you feel has nothing to do with facts or balance.

Good thing you have your own team? Also how is diving Widowmaker with Winston hard or requires coordination?

Good thing you have shield tanks and cover?

I don’t need to keep telling myself that - this is literally a fact. Her damage has remained the same since the nerf prior to Season 1. Widowmaker has remained relatively unchanged. The absurd amount of healing has made her a must because nothing dies otherwise - it’s either burst damage or nothing dies because sustain damage is useless due to insane amount of healing.

3 Likes

misinformation, they lowered the charge time needed to 1 shot. and they decreased her grapple cooldown.

so effectively making it much harder for once you reach a widow to finish the kill seeing as she can just grapple away.

5 Likes