As a 3.9K player, I have a new level of hatred for widow

There’s a reason she’s by far the most picked DPS
I hate Widow the most and let me explain why:

1. Her one shot rifle is abused every game she’s in, a good Widowmaker can and will kill everything in her sight that dares peak her. Heck, even a bad widow can sometimes get a lucky pick or at least tear down the tanks. I feel like this makes some characters like Pharah or Reaper bad for a reason, they just can’t quite contest a widow who will never miss.

1. The only way true counter a good Widowmaker is a mirror widow. Dive doesn’t work at Masters or above because the widow knows hot to outplay Dva/Winston, and she can just grapple back to her team. This is really bad because this requires the person switching widow being better than her. If they’re not, it’s GG for you.

1. I feel like she is hurting the balance and roles for a lot of other heroes. She is basically the better McCree and Ashe. Sure McCree has flashbang and Ashe has dynamite, but one-shots beat out all those things. She is pretty much taking up the roles of most of the other hitscan. And she is also hurting heroes like Junk/Reaper/Pharah, since they are weak to long-range damage, and with Widow being meta in the ladder these heroes are useless against a good widow.

Having good mobility while doing jump-shotting and one-shotting at any range is too much for a character who is suppose to be a sniper. I totally agree that a good Widowmaker is a real skilled player and I respect that, but even if she is really good she shouldn’t kill everyone with the only counter being a better widow.

I feel like Widow should do one of the following:

• Reload rifle less quickly
  • Decrease Rate of Fire
  • Remove 2.5 multiplier on HS

I think Widow is balanced in gold-diamond since the widows will miss a lot there, and I understand most of the playerbase sits there. But when we arrive against a Masters/GM/T500 Widow it’s just not even fun to play against, and it just ruins the game for me, and probably a whole of high-ranked players.

I know that the meta don’t really helps DPS. But when goats will die, people will realize and notice how much of a monster widow really is. If you don’t believe me, take a look at Overbuff. 4th most picked hero. The next most picked DPS is at 11th (which is Hanzo, basically the same problem as Widowmaker). I still want her to be viable but I also want her to have counters other than praying your widow is just better. I really do hate how the games really just turn into a widow 1v1

EDIT: I’m 3.9k now I climbed :slight_smile:

156 Likes

You will love the new map Havanna then.
Really sniper heavy…

17 Likes

As a forum user, i think there was too many of this kind topics alredy. Like even title seems similiar alredy to me…

8 Likes

Most of the DLC maps are sniper friendly, which is why I love them.

2 Likes

As a player who has only reached mid-masters at best (when I did use to play months ago), I can confirm that WM did in fact determine games. She’s part of the reason I “mained” Genji. And even then, it was beyond ridiculous to check her. She has checks, but no counters.

33 Likes

I feel like any nerf will completely dumpster Widow at any rank but GM, and possibly even in GM.

5 Likes

Why does the game have so much burst damage, it just created the healing arms race that spawned goats.

Game would be better if they reduced burst, healing and cc and actually let people play the damn game for more than 30secs at a time.

35 Likes

I totally agree. Not a masters player myself, but good widows there are unstoppable. I definitely think that Ashe is just the more balanced and healthier version of widow.

16 Likes

The game need a MASSIVE-REBALANCE starting with

Light-Flankers: Genji, Tracer, Sombra, Doomfist should have 150 HP, 3 skills wiht mobility, Damage on sombra tier and very STRONG-ULT similar to genji with team-wipe chances.

Snipers: Ashe, Hanzo, Widow, S76, Mccree should be on the damage range “Scoped ashe shots” with a good utility ULT similar to bob, infinite sprint like S76 and 175HP.

Heavy DPS: Reaper, Pharah, Junkrat, Mei, Sym, bastion, torb. Should have 200HP with a “Very HIGH close DPS”, low mobility and utility ults similar to Mei or Torb.

Tanks should have: 300 HP/ 300 ARMOR by default with a damage jumping 60 to 90 DPS and defensive-MITIGATION ults not OFFENSIVE ones that can cause team-wipes.

Support should have: 200 HP with at least one “escape ability”, one AoE healing ability and ultimates that can HEAL/Regen the entire party.

Sadly OW is a dam mess and you have heros like WIDOWMAKER, DOOMFIST or hanzo that ruin the game…

13 Likes

Another thread hating on Widow.

Nothing to see here guys. Move along.

I’m 2.8k and I get beat by widow once in a blue moon.

Learn to counter her for crying out loud…

4 Likes

So what you’re saying is masters + don’t know how to counter her, but the dude in plat does? :ok_hand:

I’m not even going to point out the huge difference between the ranks either.

35 Likes

I just wanted to say, as a fellow Masters player, this is all BS.

1. Winton’s jump pack CD is about a third of that of Widow’s grapple CD. He also has more than 2x her health. Dive first, don’t use bubble until she grapples away.
  2. Widows tend to play in very divable locations away from their team to get the jump on enemies. Find out where she is, dive her
  3. If she gets away, so what? You’ve pressured her out of the fight, it’s basically a 5v6 for the enemy even if you don’t kill her.
4 Likes

While I agree it’s not the easiest thing in OW, It is a sniper that doesn’t have to worry about most of a snipers skill set or weaknesses… like trajectory, leading shots, positioning (to an extent past i pressed “E” and flew to safety thing, anyone who snipes in other games should know what I mean) and can even see through walls periodically.

Like the actual mechanics in single player games are harder than OW, just against really stupid bots.

Though I do agree with the rest of what you said.

2 Likes

I don’t want to learn how to play widowmaker to counter widowmaker

11 Likes

Wouldn’t a better solution just be the option to let each team pick a character that they could ban and call it a day? I mean - that way we’re balancing for the ranks and you’re not totally ruining Widow for every other tier of play.

14 Likes

Whoa, whoa, whoa. You start off with a factually-incorrect statement. She’s not the most picked DPS, dude. Genji is.

3 Likes

idk, they could just revert the grapple buff so she doesn’t have a low cooldown escape.
put it back up to 12 second cooldown so she at the very least isnt a mobile 1 shot machine as well.

In GM, widow is the highest picked dps by a pretty significant margin. People at GM skill can hard carry on widow harder than a tracer of equal skill ever can. And genji in GM is a joke and has been for at least 8 months.

7 Likes

A single post can’t convey how stupid and bad this would be for the game. This would be SO unhealthy. Most of the heros would be F tier from this.

First sentence in you already gutted Doomfist and Sombra.

7 Likes

They just need to adjust her HS like Ashes (not one shot), voila, the both characters fixed.

2 Likes

GOOD THING THEY REDUCED DOOM’S RANGE FROM 20 METERS TO 15 METERS SO HE CANT REACH WIDOW ANYMORE!!

tHIS IS SARCASM!

3 Likes