Why I Have Yet to Not Despise Mercy's Current State

Oh gee… That sounds interesting. Ana still doesn’t commonly outheal me, but Moira does for sure. I’ve only really been playing in QP, but my account was in Masters the last time I placed. >.>

That is true in a way, but not all staggered deaths are an indication of sloppy gameplay either. The enemy could choose to solo ult or got a lucky headshot. So should the enemy be rewarded for that? Then for multirez, if Zarya pulled off a clutch grav and wiped out majority of the team, is it fair that Mercy could swoop and undo it all? Yes, I know it rarely happens, but with multirez there is always a possibility.

Original Valkryie in a way did have 2 ult charges, but with added flight and aoe healing and that Rez is an e ability on a 30s cooldown. I would think that this combination was what made it broken. The insane mobility of Mercy allowed her to quicky traverse across the map to reach dead teammates to rez them, while being able to sustain the rest of the team.

Both ults have its pros and cons, so I think both are viable options as a rework. Just that I feel it would be much easier to balance a rez mode for reasons i’ve explained in previous comments.

It depends what you define support to be. Sombra’s Kit is very support base not in the sense of HEALING which the HEALERS are… which a more accurate definition of what the supports are.

Sombra has a debuff/CC effect kit, which helps team in the sense she is supporting them and allowing them to do stuff by crippling the other team.

Out of all of the Damage Dealers, Sombra’s abilities aren’t all that offensive… she has a gun, but that gun isn’t all that strong.

3 Likes

Depends on the Tank, because tank has to make space… depends on the DPS because they need to know how to kill and depends on the Healers because they need to heal.

If you fill in one role, you have to rely on the other 5 people to know what they are doing and there a likely chance that they won’t be.

1 Like

If DPS is good enough to kill whole enemy team, game can be won with other 5 people being terrible. Doesn’t work that way with tanks or healers, due to their primary role being team-oriented: if team is bad, they can’t be solo players, or their efficiency is lower compared to DPS.

Oh, please. If you’re going to brag about “dismantling” my assertions, at least have the guts to put it where I can see it rather than trying to hide it because you’re scared it will backfire.

Quoting something someone said on the Overwatch Forums isn’t a reportable offense. You cry about false flags and then outright admit to doing the same thing an hour later.

Nice.

17 Likes

Why are you playing tracer in bronze…while not letting your healer play ana. Why is the healer the one suppose to switch? Why can’t you play something easy to hit and play instead? 4 tanks in bronze is easy win. Triple tank/triple support especially is easy win all the way to t500

Like I said, your suggestion is pretty much Valkyrie 1.0 but somehow even stronger as Valkyrie 1.0 had a max of 3 rezzes per use and we can never go back to that version of her since it was just completely broken beyond repair (no matter how hard they’ve tried).

I think this explains all.

At this point she just has a more versatile Mass Res and it allows for a player being resurrected more than once. It’s very oppressive if Mercy is able to Resurrect 5 people over a long period of time. You don’t mention how long it lasts but since each Res has a 1 second cast time it has to be at least over 6 seconds of activation, 10-15 seconds being much more reasonable to be used flexibly. That is just too long a period of time for Mercy to be able to continuously bring people back and will completely break the midfight and make her a must pick again.

This suggestion also does not address the issue of Mercy not being fun to play. With this iteration of Res you don’t really have to think about what the best way to use it as it’s too forgiving with it’s duration. Because of it’s strength and how much it oppresses the enemy team you will want to use it whenever you can. There is no thought process there.

There is also not a whole lot of counterplay for this ultimate as we’re right back to the only counter being to kill the Mercy, a task that is not easy now since Mercy has had a significant buff to her mobility and with the introduction of Brigitte she can easily protect the Mercy player from enemy flankers.

Result would always be: when the Mercy player activates her ultimate the only thing the enemy team can do is to back off and wait for it to finish, get more than 5 kills during this period of time (not easy to do) or, and here’s the easiest solution that will force a new Mercy meta, have a Mercy of their own who can active her ultimate at the same time to counter the enemy ultimate.

E rez is valuable but not as an ultimate:

E rez is strong since it can be used every team fight. If it was an ultimate it could only be used once every 2 teamfights (at most). Bringing back one person every other team fight is just not strong enough for an ultimate ability and will make her trash tier. However, as this is not your suggestion we can ignore that, that was a misunderstanding on my part.

Your suggestion will make her a must pick as I mentioned above.

I disagree as I think it is still pretty easy for Mercy to bring back a teamwipe as long as she has 5 charges. Teamwipes are rare and mostly happen after a team fight has concluded instead of in the span of a short period of time (although that does occasionally happen). The Rez Mode would completely kill of the idea of a teamwipe as Mercy can continue to res the enemy players meaning you can never secure the picks. You kill 3 people with your ult? As long as Mercy has that 1 second window of opportunity (which she can since there are still 2 players on her team active in the team fight) she’ll be able to res one of them, reducing their advantage significantly and making it just that much easier for her to resurrect the other 2 who died in that ultimate.

I am against the current version of the Tempo Res but for Tempo Ressing as a concept in which you sacrifice the big Mass Res in favor of using a Tempo Res to benefit your team. As it currently stands there is no downside to using the Tempo Res, only benefits. I am particularly fond of the thought process that goes into balancing Tempo Resses and Mass Resses where you might opt to use the Tempo Res as you think you won’t need a Mass Res later on or opt to not use it knowing you might need the Mass Res. This is just one aspect that made the original Mercy a complex and fun hero to play.

That is exactly what the suggestion for a cast time and LoS implementation would also fix without completely breaking the game.

We can use the current cast time as an estimate as well as the cast time of other ultimates and how easy they are to stun. Plus, the cast time can be shortened, nothing about this suggestion is written in stone.

And that is a bad thing because??? We want Mercy to be more difficult to play and this iteration of the Mass Res would also reward team play.

Pharah has an activation time of 3 seconds during which she is completely immobile. Mercy would only have a cast time of 1 second.

Yes but moreso. Like I said, your suggestion is active during a period of time meaning it’s not just one Tempo Res, it’s multiple Tempo Resses during a period of time. No matter how many people Mercy brings back with the Mass Res it’s just those people and then it’s used up, meaning it won’t have any effect on the team fight until Mercy builds up her ultimate again.

The functionality of Valkyrie is not the aspect that I was comparing it to. I was comparing it’s value to the strength of Valkyrie 1.0 as it will have a similar effect on the game. Valkyrie was bad because it allowed for a period of time where Mercy could continuously resurrect her teammates, exactly what your suggestion does as well.

But we do have data. You are literally suggesting Valkyrie 1.0 which we already know was OP and problematic.

1 Like

To be honest if a DPS is that good, either they are in the wrong rank or the other team sucks… like there are games where I just dominate as Widowmaker… so I get what you mean… but this still falls back onto what YourOverwatch said, the ranks are just a mess since individual performances has no impact on rank, it depends on winning and losing as a team.

And that’s the problem.

We want her to be more complex.

you can still have a reasonably complex hero who is easy to play.

6 Likes

Far from scared. I just know you and you’re little following well enough to know the only thing a discussion with you entails is mass false flags to your detractors.

It is when that person very specifically asked you for permission, got denied, then did it anyway with a snarky comment. That quite literally falls under the definition of trolling.

Now don’t @ me again, or your little following.

It really isn’t against CoC but whatever helps you sleep at night. Besides, I’m still too busy laughing at, “I totally ripped apart Titanium in an off-post but don’t tell her I said that!”.

8 Likes

The quoting feature doesn’t require permission from the person your quoting to use the quote?

also being snarky isn’t against CoC.

you are however to dislike snarky comments as much as you want.

(this is pretty snarky)

and yet most if not all of said people are permenantly banned for breaking coc or on long bans.

there is no evidence to say however to say that any of them were false in their choice to flag said people harassing them,trolling their threads,or etc.

No need to drag this out any further, it’ll only lead to personal attacks and petty insults.

1 Like

No but intentionally trolling does, and the chat logs are more than their regardless if the person deletes the comment.

Nah it’s more like, “we’ve done this before, too many times to count. You’re hopeless and I’m not about to get into a popularity contest with people known to dogpile”

The last one is my personal favorite. In a thread about the “abuse” mercy players get, i called you and the familiar suspects out for playing the victim and dogpiling anyone who disagree’s with you, with evidence to both you and titanium doing it. A random forum user goes to check the evidence and messages me personally saying that it was revolting, how both you and titanium take things way to far.

So what happened? Both you and titanium tried to dogpile that user too, in the same thread about mercy abuse. It’s like the irony is lost on you.

This is why I don’t wish to engage either of you. Now for the second time i told you personally today, don’t @ me again.

That’s arguable.

Ah! The nonexistent dog piling. I’ve already heard this story and have already dismissed it as false. Now, I could ask you present something more worth-while but as of now, you seem to be upset so I’ll give it a day. Also, a quick FYI:
This user you’re referring to, I’ve never even had a discussion with, ever… nvm, went through the replies. WTH. This guy resorted to name calling and what not and said me of all people was the most reasonable out of me and Titanium. Like, if you’re going to say that we dogpiled on someone, atleast make sure this person hasn’t called someone scum beforehand.

6 Likes

Still hoping this thread convinces Blizzard to take a serious look at Mercy. Her current state is underwhelming in every sense of the word.

7 Likes

To actually get the SR you’ve earned, yes you need to win.

But you get SR based on your performance compared to others playing your character and whether or not that team was higher or lower SR than you.

While I can argue up and down about the proposed solutions, I readily agree with the overall sentiment. For two reasons:

• Current situation with single-target Rezz and Valkyria is way worse than the worst AE Rezz situations ever were.
  • Mercy just feels lame now. She’s still required, but she no longer feels meaningful. I’d rather have a one-trick-pony with a meaningful trick than a one-trick-pony with a meh trick which just happens to still be useful and unique enough to be without match.
4 Likes

It’s more of matchmaking issue, not ranking issue. Matchmaking fails to take into account player’s preferred roles, or their preferred heroes, which makes it overestimate or underestimate individual player’s skill rating.

It makes teams, based on average skill rating of players, and matches teams with close ratings against each other. And it’s no different in higher tiers, I believe: if you happen to be good healer, but forced to play DPS, you will lose your rank due to underperforming.

1 Like