Why I Have Yet to Not Despise Mercy's Current State

As healer, you prevent deaths, by any means necessary.

Tell me I am out of LOS. Don’t force me to stand where I choose not to.

LOL this thread won’t die… its the flypaper of Mercy posters…

Then don’t expect to be healed, if you on purpose make it harder for me.

Exactly!! That decision is mine, poor decision or not.

If your decision has negative impact on team, it should be able to be fixed. Just like healer dying isn’t just their own bad choices, but negative effect for teammates.

Would agree with you, if it’s FFA.

You do not have the right to dictate my positioning. Not directly. You do not have the right to control my character.

Then you have no right to blame healer for no healing, since you are certain that your decisions are good.

If it wasn’t intended to be team-based game, then you would be free to do whatever.

Wow. Such fierce discussion.

Yes but we could always use more relocate heroes

I understand, that it will be annoying ability. But I also understand, that many abilities in game can be used to annoy teammates, if you are creative enough.

It’s fine, I just think we should focus less on a overhaul on mercy design and just focus on the core concept of healing, res and self mobility than debuff or reposition.

Like these ideas can work, but there still room for new heroes

Self mobility is easy to add: nerfed version of Valkyrie, or even ability similar to Pharah, that launches Mercy into sky.

Pretty much, I mean there not a lot we can do and people just have to accept Mercy was originally balanced

But non of them take away the control of the player. That’s the main issue with that. I don’t have to use Sym’s TP and i can still walk around Mei’s wall (Spawn is a other story). But that… As a Reinhard player, i would hate that. If i charge in i have a plan and don’t want that someone pulls me back like “No no no You wait a second more!”. That just feels bad and the fact that the teammate can cancel it makes it not really better, because the player still needs to react to it.

2 Likes

she was originally up which is why she saw nothing but buffs till they overbuffed her with invincibility in mass rez cast.

but was pretty easily balanceable had they decided against throwing the whole basket of eggs out the window because of 1 mistake.

8 Likes

I wouldn’t call it “overbuffed”. They just didn’t think about compensation for it. A tiny cast time would have made invincibility on res balanced, but that wouldn’t have help because of the nerf’s to Ana back then.

3 Likes

It depends on what you deem as Underpowered… not being viable is understandable

But it should not take over powering a hero, to make them viable.

Despite being so called under powered, mercy was requested quite often in the middle tier of the game and she was able to hold her own and even carry support by herself.

That is by no means, called being underpowered. She was only non viable for x, y, z reason

1 Like

Then you would hate me: as Mei I always do that with ice wall, when our Reinhardt attempts to charge in and leave us with no shield :woman_shrugging:

Being labeled “no skill” and “troll pick” by higher tier players, Mercy somehow was consistent pick for majority of players even back there. But, for whatever reason, Blizzard wanted her to be picked by higher tiers too, where her mass resurrect could be easily countered.

Mercy was underpowered, compared to Ana, which had 80 dmg per shot, two utility abilities, and nanoboost. But since Ana basically didn’t exist in tiers with Mercy and vice versa, it was impossible to compare them directly.

The thing is, if Mercy is creeping into the higher tiers and considering the Rank is broken in so many different ways…

No reset, so that top 1% of the community are playing against each other for the last 2 years with barely any fresh meat entering that niche pocket universe to shake things up.

Also as so called Pro’s of OverWatch, adaptation should be something they are good at.

Yet these so called Pro’s would rather complain and not deal with her as people creep into the higher tiers by playing her correctly.

It is more of an issue for the players playing against Mercy than the Mercy/character being at fault. People should be adapting, not retreating into their turtle shell because this alien has entered their little niche community and is threatening their balance.

2 Likes