The patch went back live again

They aren’t ALL bad, but they don’t really address anything. They’re just changes for the sake of changing something.

Moira will still underperform until they give her back some of the linger OR they gut baptits so he stops taking EVERY supports niche in borderline EVERY comp.

Cree is already a top 5 dps in most situations, and is already strong at close range. Buffing his close range utility and giving him the ability to parkour to unintended locations might be fun on paper, but it’s not fun to play against.

Hanzos storm arrow? weird, but sure I guess. Probably needs a nerf to compensate.

Torb buff? tanks will feel worse to play because of it, he’s already pretty good, and he will further take reapers supposed niche.

ball nerf? sure, this one makes sense.

Rein buff? rein needs survivability, and maybe the stun time back on his ult- not more damage.

Addressing the broken heroes: hog, sig, brig, bap, echo etc was the path everyone was expecting. When you get a bunch of stupid or meaningless changes its understandable that people are upset about it- especially when a few of the changes are buffing already really strong heroes.

8 Likes

Well I’m interested as to what Andy has to say to this. Hopefully some changes can be looked at again!

2 Likes

Oh well, future balance changes are in a weird state anyways since most of them are going to be made irrelevant once OW2 releases tbh. I wish we’d get news about OW2 soon.

1 Like

What really pissed me off is that they acknowledge the negative feedback but pushes it to live anyway.

9 Likes

I think it would have been OKish if they at least just put it on experimental. But the fact that they just put it on live just adds salt to the wound.

4 Likes

Bugs not withstanding (sorry about that), we knew some of these changes would drive a lot of conversation. We also knew that the patch would shake up the meta a bit, something we’ll be closely monitoring this week. As usual, we’ll be summarizing your feedback and sending that along to Geoff and co.

Your measured feedback about your play experience once you’ve tried out the patch is going to be super helpful in said summary. If you don’t care for the experience, let us know what frustrated you about it. Try to be specific, avoid hyperbole, and just speak to your experience. If you like it, tell us what you enjoyed about it. Again, be specific, and try to avoid hyperbole (this is especially important in how you title your feedback threads).

Thanks folks

36 Likes

Could you explain why this patch was decided to be pushed straight to live rather than it go through experimental?

43 Likes

Thanks for the balance changes. I’ll come back and respond with my feedback on the changes. Right now, just rumor I’ve heard, Moira’s Fade is gonna be insane now.

3 Likes

I just don’t understand why we aren’t nerfing anything?

The game was fun back in September - October 2020 because there were massive changes to multiple heroes that caused problems for a while, then we just added powercreep to said characters agian. (Bap buffs, Health nerf/buff patch…) those are a few examples of what started to make the game drop to being unfun again. This game does have it’s moments… I will admit.

But I feel like I shouldn’t be HUGGING a wall to get value out of the larger characters because of the amount of damage in the air.

Please please, look at the CC changes, and Aoe healing that this game has and come back with an actual experimental and not meme changes that will 100% not shake up the meta, but instead add onto the fact that the meta we are in sucks.

Some characters are indirectly affected by those changes. Moira isn’t a bad character; she’s outshined because there’s heroes that do her job better and more effectively and you could say this about more characters.

12 Likes

I’ve seen some pretty cool clips on the Tweeter

20 Likes

For me the Moira one was fun

2 Likes

Thank you AndyB. I just hope it leads to something because overwatch’s history has had this sort of “we’re listening” approach in the past without so much as a community response afterwards (the infamous mercy rework thread)

Still no response

14 Likes

I’m happy to share feedback. I hope you can pardon my skepticism in feeling that my feedback just…doesn’t matter. These were already implemented before. Is there a reason we’re doing a second round and on live?

I try to hit ~10+ hours of playtime before I make up my mind on the changes. I’m less than 2 hours in, and the Cole changes feel bad to go against. He rolls out of boops now. It feels like a complete waste to even try to boop him anymore when he can just roll and then Fan the Hammer me to my immediate death.

Everything else will require me to play more before I feel comfortable with how I feel about them and can figure out what is frustrating me exactly.

7 Likes

Uh you guys really don’t know the game very well then. This won’t change the meta at all… It’s just making the game more annoying to play with more power to heroes that don’t need it

46 Likes

Exactly what I just said… JINX!

8 Likes

The “community” is always negative about every change. The reason OW is in the state it is in now is largely due to listening to the “community.”

That said, I like this patch. The fun factor is increased. I welcome additional balance patches.

2 Likes

Okay, I’ll be specific. According to Google, I recovered 30 gigabytes from my hard drive today. I also simplified my future game browsing experience by permanently filtering out any games by Blizzard. Just like I promised, because I’m a man of my word.

Want more specifics? I’ll copy/paste my entire response from the other thread.

I kept my word. I uninstalled your game and blacklisted your company. You buffed two wildly over-performing/over-bearing/over-used DPS and one of those buffs had the insane effect of negating the use of natural cover as if cover weren’t already scarce enough, or players already finding it difficult to be in the habit of using.

I legit have no idea what made you think any of this was okay, but it’s way beyond “this is not okay”. The very idea that you thought these buffs were needed for DPS, especially these DPS characters despite the dozen or so struggling to remain relevant as you keep buffing the dev favorites, tells me that there’s a lot wrong in your ranks. I don’t know who specifically in the team is responsible, and at this point I don’t care either. You want to authorize a stunt like this, then that’s the end of the road for me. The blatant favoritism and lopsided priorities gutted this game and my interest in it.

I’m voting with my wallet and giving my business to other companies.

32 Likes

i really like the moira buff and i think the other ones dont really change too much in mid ranks. maybe rein tho since he just got MORE damage and is pretty much a want in casual games but otherwise meh. rein jail ten fold?

I dont mind sharing feedback after playing, however i must ask, why was the Cass roll pushed to live if, in pretty much every other experimental, it was received with negative feedback?

17 Likes

Hey, I’m back with some feedback specifically regarding the change made to Hanzo’s Storm Arrows.

I was initially very concerned about this change and it is proving to be as much as I feared. I don’t quite understand why Scatter Arrow was removed as an ability if it would be basically reimplemented into an inherently stronger ability, and he keeps Lunge (which as you know was added with the Scatter to Storm rework). Hanzo is beginning to feel too versatile with his high burst and vertical mobility, as well as a wallhacks cooldown.

I think he could keep this new change, if perhaps he loses an arrow or two while using Storm Arrows. Thanks for reading, if you’ve had time for it.

6 Likes