The Month of Mei season 3 (SUPERTHREAD!)

Ni Hao Friends! and welcome once again to THE MONTH OF MEI Season 3!
A month long project where I post threads about Overwatch best girl Mei, every dei, for the entire month of… well… May.

This SUPERTHREAD ™ will serve as the central hub for the Month of Mei project. links to all of the Month Of Mei threads will appear here as I create them.

3 Likes

You just made this thread did you not? Why spam?

Ah, I see what you are doing. I still think it is sort of spammy though

I guess that was a “1st Mei” post, and this one is the main post.

Enjoy your MeiDei, though.

And to let everyone know, it’s also Mei month on the Blizzard Gear store.

They call it “It’s gonna be Mei”.

25% off on Mei items.

https://gear.blizzard.com/eu/may-sale-promos/it-s-gonna-be-mei-sale

yes… I don’t think I can take credit for it, but I did think of it first.

Thanks man.

I see at least several of these Mei related threads on the forums.
Why not have a bunch of threads about a GOOD character?

Clearly, we already have a bunch of threads about a GOOD character.

I’d say, it Mei be your problem.

1 Like

You mean good rather than evil right? Because if you mean good as in awesome, then Mei has that covered :slight_smile:

No, she’s not good, and she’s not awesome.
She’s a cheese character with the worst story for a character in this whole game. You could take any other character, even hammond, and they would have better story than her.
Besides, that pickrate of hers doesn’t make her seem like a good character.

She’s not a good character gameplay wise, a cheese character and nothing more, and her story is probably the worst out of anyone else in this game. Even hammond has a better story.

So she needs buffs?

Only Joking, she does not need buffs.

She requires a bunch of different skill sets to make her work.

Her gun is hard to use, and you have to be real smart about your engagements because being in someone’s firing line at close range for 1.5 seconds to get a freeze on is a good way to die.

The walls are very versatile, but, you gotta use that versatility to make her work, and there is a lot of learning how to use them to do that too.

She is a tricky hero with requirement in skills not normally found in dps.

Which is what drives her pick rate down. She is on the border of projectile dps and tank, and requires the skills of both to even start her kit working for you.

She is however fun on a stick.

“hEr GUnS aRe HaRD tO UsE”
Yeah right, she literally can’t lose a 1v1 situation.
Freezing more than one target at a time? Loads of headshot damage with her icicles? Yeah, SO hard to use. If i mained Mei i would probably be in Grandmasters right now.

You can’t rely on the freezy beam. You need to land those right clicks at a distance to make her work beyond silver.

At that point, she becomes tricky.

There is a reason there is so few Mei GMs.

We have one here on the forums though.

Yeah, playing her is fun, but you know what isn’t fun?
Playing against her.
And i haven’t even seen a “bunch of different skill sets.”
All Mei players do is harass the tanks and stall the point because they’re about to lose at the end of the game.

Okay, okay, I’m gonna say something really weird:

That’s kind of the point, she’s a 1v1 character. If you fight her in that situation, you’ll be at a considerable disadvantage, it’s that simple.

By all means then, go ahead.

The world could always use more Mei-Mains :slight_smile:

1 Like

Agreed. She can be annoying.

However if you like having fun, and think you could play her to gm, go for it!!!

Welcome to the sisterhood!

You will find the Mei mains a really nice bunch of people, and there is a lot of respect given to each other on the battlefield.

The world could use even less Mei mains because she’s a stupid character, whose purpose in life is to be annoying and useless. Plays like a DPS, ults like a tank. She doesn’t even know what she wants to be. But she knows she’ll never be a good character. Story wise, or gameplay wise. I T-bag every single Mei player i see in a match regardless of what team they’re on because i hate her so much.
I will never main Mei because i play characters that will take much more skill than she ever will.

You know, I think I’m starting to realize something.

You do not like Mei. Sad.

1 Like

You are missing out. Seriously. There is a lot of fun to be had Meiing.

1 Like