Thanks for doin nothing vs smurfs

if you can’t even think of a viable solution to a problem, how do you even know it’s a problem? i kid, smurfing is definitely a problem
semantics aside, can you make a thread for once that isn’t just whining about something?

Battlecattle you have been able to make precise estimates on the smurf phenomenon for weeks, but every time you are asked to provide us with this precise number (very low) and also to provide the sources from which you extrapolate it, with the same punctuality you change the subject , pay attention to us with other excuses etc.

If you wish to have credibility, at least as far as I’m concerned, as an interlocutor, pick up where we left off and provide tangible evidence of what you say (evidence that is not blizzard is good, impartial and infallible; because blizzard is the provider and beneficiary of the matchmaking and revenue).

I also come to meet you, my position that I have professed several times:
-the smurf phenomenon exists, admitted by kaplan also in 2019, admitted by riot in unflattering terms, admitted by valve, epic and many others, even the main youtube streamer has made yet another video about it recently (and let’s talk about someone who benefits from blizzard between invitations and more, we all know how it works)
-I don’t know how to give the incidence (so if I admit I don’t have this number you can’t accuse me of having to give it to you) because blizzard doesn’t spread the numbers, but even here it’s blizzard’s fault that prefers to hide everything

If you want to continue the conversation from the deadlock weeks ago, provide the numbers of your estimates.

2 Likes

Blizzard also said there were more anti-smurf features coming in the recent bliz/streamer AMA. If it wasnt a problem, they wouldnt need to develop those features.

3 Likes

You are saying there is a problem, but have never provided any proof.

once you do that I will be able to provide the data that I have that counters your point.

Atm, you are just shouting about nothing…

No one has ever said smurfs don’t exist, everyone agrees when found they should be banned.

No one has every told me how to find one, a fool-proof method that means my report is 100% accurate. Because I don’t want normal people being reported for doing nothing wrong.

1 Like

You are their target audience for comments like that.

It is cheap and easy PR. A placebo that keeps some people with poor mindsets happy.

2 Likes

So when faced with clear evidence that smurfs exist, instead of addressing that point you come up with a conspiracy theory that smurfs are all made up and it was all done for PR?

2 Likes

If it’s just new accounts and smurfs playing their best, reaching their max and then buying another account… I’m fine with that. New accounts equate to money in Blizz’s pockets, and that’s a good thing, since they’re not getting any more out of me. I mean, something has to fund new event skins and OW2 development.

But if smurfs are throwing games, then yeah, something needs to be done about that. I don’t mind having a smurf help my team to victory… I mind a smurf not pulling their weight just to be put in a lower tier.

IMO.

Did I say that or are you being a condescending troll again?

I said that their statement and any system they put in place will be for PR. There isn’t enough actual smurfs for the game to be impacted by them being removed.

1 Like

Please refrain from personal accusations.

So you’re saying they’re investing money into creating systems to solve a problem that doesnt exist? Please, provide evidence that the problem doesnt exist.

“hey doctor I have a disease fix it.”
“but there is no cure…”
“I DONT CARE FIX IT”

I get these forums are for complaining, but if you want something done, suggest something to be done.

Now you try to change what I asked you, but won’t work (you replied for something I did not asked)

I asked you the data of this “low number” of smurfs:

Please Battlecattle, bring data to the table. Reply to us, provide your numbers and the source of these numbers.

provide evidence that it does.

when you do. Seeing as you are accusing them of having a problem. I will.

Until then I can assume anything you say is mere hyperbole

I ran some numbers and it’s not ENTIRELY Blizzard’s fault. It’s a numbers game.

1% of players can ruin the game for every other player in the game, statistically.
With 100,000 players in a day, just to have an outline. If 1% are smurfs, that’s 1,000 smurfs.
That means playing 1 game a day, they ruin the game for 11 other players each, ruining 11,000 players game.

But realistically, players don’t play 1 game a day. If they play 10 games a day, they ruin it for 110,000 players games a day… in a game with only 100,000 players.

Scale the numbers up as needed.
1% of the game being bad actors can ruin the game.

3 Likes

I just did - bliz is developing systems to counteract it, therefore its a problem.

I provided the proofs of my arguments many times, now you can do for just 1 time.

Or are you here just to make us waste time?

What is this a a joke? My cousing has the ps6 on the garage but you can’t still?

1 Like

No, that is a statement to generate good PR.

2 Likes

No you haven’t. That is just a generic statement that doesn’t mean anything.

1 Like

Ok dude, I’ve understood your game, have a good day trolling other people, I stop speak with you.

You still haven’t been able to tell me what I should be looking at to confirm 100% that someone is a smurf.

If you can’t even do that basic thing, how do you know there are even any.

1 Like