So what happen to the Mccree event?

He was supposed to have an event to introduce his name change. I guess that was a big fat lie.

6 Likes

They never said that as far as I’m aware

11 Likes

I mean halloween terror is literally just ending. The cassidy lore event is likely sometimes this month.

3 Likes

They’re not going to release an event while there’s another event taking place. Might be a week before it happens. Could be right after Halloween ends. It could possibly not happen at all. Everyone assumed there would be an event. I don’t recall Blizzard confirming there is one.

3 Likes

Who???
20 characters…

4 Likes

They said it when they said they were changing it. They said they had a story event planned for Mccree that was coming out soon, but they had to delay it to work in the reason for his name change. The event was supposed to be used as a smooth way to introduce the name change and not just slap it in game out of the blue… ¬_¬

1 Like

Cole Cassidy needs an event to introduce himself to us 5 years later.

The upcoming Cassidy event is not to reveal his new name, nor do we intend to have Cowboy’s new name be a celebratory moment.

What’s most likely driving confusion is the fact that we decided to delay the original event to account for the updated name.

57 Likes

It would have been kinda insensitive to pat yourselves on the back with a whole event for just doing the right thing, so i’m glad it’s not the case at all <3

Oh. Okay. Thanks for clearing that up with a direct response for once. You can lock the topic now if you feel like it. I got my answer straight from the horses mouth, so to speak.

I have to ask, is this name change a retcon or a plot device like the announcement tweet stated?

Us lore addicts are concerned that there will be narrative conflicts with retribution and deadlock rebel’s European locationalization. I don’t care if it’s a retcon or plot device, I just don’t want any inconsistencies in the narrative. If they call him Cole Cassidy in Retribuition, then as fans, we will be very confused as he should be referred to Cole during the reunion in Gibraltar after Null sectors defeat at Paris.

3 Likes

Is Reaper or Blackwatch a big part of the upcoming story?

I’m asking just because we’ve had a book come out this year about the Deadlock Rebels, so it seems a bit weird to have a whole event dedicated to Cole after physical book release, and if it’s mostly dedicated to him, it seems a major disappointment as heroes such as Reaper have a much bigger role in the game but we’ve not had any stories that have him as the main protagonist yet.

3 Likes

No spoilers shall ye find from me.

15 Likes

I’m desperate :sob: I need some Reapy reaps lore

6 Likes

But you do still plan to make the name change implemented into the lore right?

3 Likes

Yes I think they delayed the upcoming anthology to change it I think as the release date was delayed by a month

(or was it the art book, not sure but it was one of them lol)

just checked, yeah it was delayed until December 14th instead of November 10th (original date)
(i’m excited to finally get a phyiscal version of retribution comic, which they never released as a single issue in physical format like other comics :frowning:)

2 Likes

Is the skin at least cool?

It’s gonna be a Reaper skin :sunglasses:

(jk, just wishing here lol)

3 Likes

Would have been nice to have a real lore reason for the name change backed up with a video…not just a “because said so” the way it was implemented was pure meh.

5 Likes

I think, lore wise, McCree’s new name could be event worthy. Narratively, its him reclaiming his past, so maybe it could be a skin of McCree/Cassidy in plain clothes. Like he’s ready to live again instead of running away from it all.

3 Likes